[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discuss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

File: whowouldwin.jpg (396KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
whowouldwin.jpg
396KB, 1080x1920px
Discuss
>>
>>33134538
Legion for all.
>>
>>33134584
Ave amicus, Cæsar conquers all degenerates.
>>
>>33134538
Rounds 1, 2, and 3 all go the Legion.

Round 4 goes to the War Boys simply because they can perform intense hit and runs tactics.

If all else fails, just run the legion over.
>>
>>33134538
I'm throwing my money in with the Legion, warboys are shit without their cars and when it comes to a faction war the Legion would absolutely fucking stomp the warboys.
>>
File: AdVictoriam.jpg (68KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
AdVictoriam.jpg
68KB, 630x630px
A dead scrotum guy and 51 warboys on crosses. That's how this ends.
And then the Brotherhood comes in and blows everything up.
>>
>>33134598
Same
>>33134600
How they have no cars the fastest they can go is to walk
>>
This is like the entire US military versus a bunch of untrained Asian farmers.
>>
>>33134611
>he doesn't fast travel
>>
>>33134538
Immortan joe and the war boys sweep every round
>>
>>33134538
>Legion has no vehicles
Warboys win.
>>
>>33134611
Legion has rocket launchers and anti-material rifles that would shred unarmored cars. Their best bet is to slowly advance into warboy territory using forts as fob's(something actual Romans are historically good at doing, so i'd assume Caesar would be familiar with the tactic) and using their long-range ordinance to pick off the cars as they come. Worst case, a fob gets wiped out but the kills/losses ration should be insane even so. Legion wins despite the warboys' vehicles.
>>
>>33134672
Warboys spend weeks running a mobile siege on their FOB's until they die of thirst. Mobility Mobility Mobility, the Legion just doesn't have fucking shit.
>>
>>33134672
Why would Warboys attack a fort and not its logistics women slaves and guards walking there to supply them.
>>
>>33134689
>>33134696
Fair points
>>
イギリスはゲーム化だけ

オーストラリアは映画化とゲーム化

予算か人気かアジアのひろゆき連中からは不明
>>
>>33134710
What are you going on about britan, austrailians, and the asian budget?
>>
>>33134608
>bullshit obsidian glitch cost me 2 levels
>go back to my last stable save
>just go fuck around somewhere else because I didn't want to redo several hours of work
>walk into sandstorm
>find bunker
>go inside to see what's around
>3 asshats come up in power armor with gauss rifles
>command I strip naked
>don't give a shit they're the first BHOS I've seen in 19 hours of gameplay
>tell them no
>your heinous crimes have made you vilified, most people downright hate you
>plasma rifle guy in the face
>take his rifle
>blow my way through rest of bunker
>reprogram turrets to obliterate BHOS members
>dick my way down to level two
>entire time the game says I'm failing quests
>kill about 12 scribes a few more paladins and an elder
>looting bodies gets me passwords
>find self destruct password generator
>start bunker self destruct sequence
>leave bunker with 10000 caps worth of power armor, energy cells, and laser weapons
I can't take all the credit, I couldn't have done it without Raul's sarcastic remarks
>>
>>33134598
Fucking this.
>>
>>33134538
Rounds 1 and 2 are irrelevant outside of dick-waving. 3 goes to the Legion for actually having tactics and fighting as a unified whole. 4 is also legion for the same reason + logistical capability and experience fighting large scale wars (doubly so if you look beyond NV to what was hinted at/planned about the land they already owned).
>>
>>33134538
1) Legion Win.
2) Legion Win
3) If a straight up fight, no cars, legion win. If cars, but the Legion can choose the battlefield or fortify a point, Legion Win. If not, Warboy win.

The Legion is trained, isn't dying of cancer and malnourishment and usually has guns instead of shitty bang sticks. As long as the Legion is not forced into a position where they can be run over in an open field like chumps, they fucking win every time.

4) Legion win. Easily. The Legion is huge compared to The Citadel. More soldiers, more resources, better logistical capacity. They could win just by attrition if they wanted to. Warboys have 2 towns they rely on entirely. Legion has a small nation. Fuck, just the Frumentarii or Legion Assassins could wreck the Warboys.
>>
>>33134710
Post tiny asian tits
>>
>>33134538
>legion
>disciplined
>when everything in the game says otherwise

Dog shit > Legion

Obsidian can't write for shit and you know it to be true.
>>
>>33136283
>Obsidian can't write for shit and you know it to be true.
They've repeatedly said that they had to cut the part of the map under Legion control that showed them to be disciplined, free from raiders and generally firm but fair rulers. I mean Obsidian's inability to manage time is their own fault but they were well aware of the problems with the Legion in the final game.
>>
File: The Magnum Opus Infernus.jpg (2MB, 4056x2139px) Image search: [Google]
The Magnum Opus Infernus.jpg
2MB, 4056x2139px
>>33134538
>Round 1
It goes legionnaire; the warboy's unarmed. If it was fists i'td probably go to the warboy
>Round 2
Scrotus'd probably win; hes got a fucking chainsaw spear.
>Round 3
Id guess the warboys, because they really dgaf about dying and once they swarm a few legionnaires they'd have machetes too
There'd be like one or two survivors though.
>Round 4
Definitely the scrotus horde; they have fucking cars and thundersticks and shit

Both fantastic games
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOeju9eMnuc
>>
>>33136400
>Obsidian's inability to manage tim
well that and they only had 11 months
fallout 4 had much more than that and was infinitely more shit
>>
>>33136400
>Obsidian's inability to manage time is their own fault

They were given a year and a half deadline. Either they said they'd complete it by then, or Bethesda say they had to complete it by then. Given how Skyrim came a little over a year later, I figure that latter. That is really fucking short. It was surprising the game came out decent (ignoring the glitches).
>>
>>33136455
>>33136462
I love most of their games but Obsidian and Troika before them never released a truly finished game (maybe PoE but that game was shit anyway). At some point the 'mean publishers' excuse just doesn't cut it any more.
>>
Legion has more guns so they win.

Come on now.
>>
File: Iron Fields Jakob Rozalski.jpg (295KB, 1920x958px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Fields Jakob Rozalski.jpg
295KB, 1920x958px
>>33136475
Maybe one day a new developer will ride in from the wastes and make a truly perfect /k/ game
One can only hope
Or got to school for it
>>
>1 standard legion VS 1 standard warboy
legion victory
>legate lanius VS Scrotus
Fucking scrotus victory. If its one on one he's a hell of alot tougher than lanius. If it's with their supporting forces lanius may win, if he doesn't get over-run first.
>50 random legion VS 50 random warboys.
They legion have very few guns and the warboys have very few guns, but their marksman with longshots tend to be much nastier than legion riflemen. It all comes down to cars. If the warboys have even a few cars they would win. If they don't have any, legion wins.
>Entire legion VS Warboy Horde
Legion would overall have a stronger fighting force, but would quickly fall victim to hunting parties and have a hard time claiming scrotus territory due to the heavily defended camps and snipers. Not only that but they would also fall prey to countless other wastelanders and as night falls, buzzards.

As for fortifications the warboys have a hell of alot more of them, they also have the ability to siege encampments which the legion can't as successfully do. If a legion army tries to attack in any sort of number a war-rig or war-party can be dispatched to quickly kill them off.

The legion has one advantage. a small group of them can sneak around relatively undetected. If one of those few-man strike teams gets into a camp they could slaughter the entirety of them. But that again relies of them getting deep into warboy territory while avoiding warboys, wastelanders, buzzards and sentries. If a camp also gets alerted to their presence depending on the number of warboys there and if stronger warboys or top-dogs populate the camps... Then that legion party is pretty boned.

So I'd say a long war would be fought with a staunch tie being the outcome.
>>
>>33136504
>Or got to school for it
Not a good idea if you want to actually develop your own games. The courses are outdated and taught be retards, the piece of paper at the end is the only worthwhile part and that just gets you a job with poor pay and terrible hours.
>>
>>33136400
Bethesda actively fucked Obsidian, hence why literally 20% of the game was trimmed
>>
>>33136513
So how exactly does a war-rig or a war-party is going to finish a Legion army off?
>>
>>33136515
Again: I have no love for Bethesda and yes, they could have given Obsidian more time but this is the same excuse used for every Obsidian and Troika game as far back as Arcanum.
>>
>>33136514
well then what'd you suggest
self taught indie stuff or what
not that im planning on it I dont have the patience for coding shit
>>
>>33136513
You put a lot of stock in vehicles, I'd say you should just compare them to chariots or horse archers both of which the historical Romans defeated with simple tactics and strategic moves like focussing on logistics. If the Legion is smart enough to learn from its mistakes (again like the real Roman Empire) any gimmick-opponent is doomed to lose because their gimmick will eventually be countered and the playing field levelled. A level playing field favours the sane army that focuses on logistics/strategy over tactical prowess.
>>
>>33136504
A fallout game based in western Russia/Finland would be neat. Reds and whites fighting for control of the Karelian lakes which are not radiated
>>
>>33136535
Self-teach yourself proper coding then work on a practice game/mod in your spare time, a mod is the better option (don't start with game development and don't use something lazy like Unity). Don't go full indie right off the bat, odds are you won't succeed.
>>
A .50 will take out any warboy car, and the legions got Hecates.

Thinking that their cars make them unstoppable mongol raiders is stupid. Mad Max's schtick is that guns and ammo are rare. If they aren't, the system breaks.
>>
>>33136504
For years I've been making concept storyboard for a 'long after' story set in the US.

A disease that causes the human metabolism to go berserk and essentially eat itself alive. Causing fat to burn off rather quickly, then muscle mass. An ordeal that left a hungry psychotic bottomless pit that quickly tries to get more food, infecting others in the process.
Eventually food was used up, cannibalism and eating of furniture set in. Eventually the infected die out as a mere day without a meal meant losing all their muscle mass. All of this being caused by a biological weight control supplement gone wrong.

Very few people remained, cities were ghost towns, markets were barren of food. While there was still some time most of the nuclear power plants were disabled in a government program called the 'Severed-hand initiative'. That sought to minimalism damage to infrastructure and the land. Highways were roadblocked, gas stations shut down, Nuclear Power plants not only shut down but disabled to prevent being activated by less knowledgeable operators.

>moar coming
>>
>>33136716
One day? It'd burn itself out really quickly. You can't hunt and eat fast enough to prevent that.

Just sleeping would be enough to completely compromise your ability as a hunter. Institute a curfew, do a minimum of fortification and every night the population of infected half as they eat each other to survive. The ones that do would be weak as shit.
>>
>>33136716
There were obvious survivors to this. Most small towns were able to band together and fight this. Killing off their infected of holding effective quarantines.

Then a decade passes, no signs of infection. It's gone and won't be coming back.

The small towns are numerous and usually self contained communities but there are some groups of people who maintain law and order in the land.

>The 7-irons.
They run factory that produces scrap guns and ammunition. They also are preparing a rail ling from the east coast to the west coast to be used.

>The rangers
They inhabit the Midwest and make it their duty to protect the towns within their territory. They originally were made up of law-enforcement, ex-military, forestry services, firefighters and park rangers. They survive by farming and through tributes from the towns they protect.

>The Revolution
The west coast and all of it's glory. Praising itself as a shining beacon to all those who come. When in reality it's mostly a very few controlling a great many. Debauchery and slavery aplenty within their lands.

>The militia
East coast based, generally a lot more friendly but very hard about gaining new territory and resources. They are quite notable for having full production lines of weaponry, armor (the kind you wear), armor (the kind you drive) and oil production to keep it all up.

>Valley of Static
>Nobody needs to know about the valley of static
>Was that something I heard in the static?
>It was just your imagination, keep moving and turn that damn radio off.
>>
>>33136791
You've also got to remember, the increased metabolism. They may need to eat like crazy but they'll also be shitting themselves near constantly and be ready to run a mile.
>>
>>33136888
Unless they also don't need to sleep, they are still fucked.

And after these towns are established and fortified, what are the infected eating? The Great Depression seriously affected animal populations. There's more than 3x as many of us now, and the infected starve or half in population every day. Or do they somehow manage to survive off of furniture?
>>
>>33136929
>>33136874
> Then a decade passes, no signs of infection. It's gone and won't be coming back.

This bit I mean. It'd be done in a few weeks. Not a decade. It's own spread would kill it. Only the front line of the infection would contain any infected.
>>
>>33136952
Not him but is that really that much of a problem? The infection only really needs to last long enough to function as a plot device that explains why the USA is post-apocalyptic, slap some riots onto it and you've probably got enough to explain the collapse of society (maybe propose it coincided with a depression or political instability if you want).
>>
>>33136952
Decade passing and it being gone is just my way of saying. That isn't anything thats going to cause a problem in the future.
>>
>>33134666
They supposedly do, they just aren't depicted in-game because gamebryo engine=shit.
Kind of like how the Khans and those two raider gangs around Novac are intended to be actual biker gangs and canonically perform raids using bikes, but its never shown.
>>
>>33134710
Hiro?
>>
File: 1410328656540.jpg (389KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1410328656540.jpg
389KB, 1920x1080px
The Legion no contest. Especially if pic related was still running shit, would be like a heavy weight boxer fighting a puppy. The warboys would make good suicide troops for the legion to use after. Might not even be a fight, the Legion is great at just convincing tribes to join them.
>>
File: l3anhMd.jpg (52KB, 480x869px) Image search: [Google]
l3anhMd.jpg
52KB, 480x869px
>>33134538
Did the warboys even have that many dudes? Even during the climax there were only ever several dozen of them at most, and that's supposed to be almost all of them since at the end they say that the only ones left at the base are the kids. I don't think there were supposed to be thousands of them like the legion.
>>
>>33137183
I was thinking this too. The Mad Max guys are a city state at best.
The Legion is a not-all-that-small nation.
>>
>>33134710
あなたに小さなアジアの乳首を掲示するか、このボードを残す
>>
>>33134538

Legion in all cases

They have better tactics, structure, and equipment.
>>
File: image.jpg (157KB, 1080x658px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157KB, 1080x658px
>>33134611
Legion does have vehicles. They weren't in the game but they're in the lore
>>
>>33137183
The war boys are part of several factions.
Gas Town, the Bullet Farn, and the territories controlled by Immortan Joe's Sons.

There were more than the movie showed, but still probably not as many as the Legion.
>>
>>33137671
You're thinking of the film and not the game anon
>>
>>33134710
間違った投稿をしていますか?
>>
Legion probably, provided the Frumentarii do their job.
>>
File: 1487343548764.gif (93KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
1487343548764.gif
93KB, 500x447px
>>33138895
Why the fuck is that gas tube so exposed? Just a single shot at it and BAM. Precious gas leaks everywhere and now you can't drive it.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.