[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth buying a gun in Ca?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0414.png (89KB, 632x492px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0414.png
89KB, 632x492px
I'm from Alberta and I'm thinking about buying a gun for home defence. Just something small. But I've been looking at the laws and it seems pretty restrictive. So would it be worth getting a gun for home defence at all?
>>
>>33134205

Buy a Norinco or Dominion Arms pump action.

Buying a non-restricted is really not a big deal.
>>
>>33134205
Protip I've heard, never write home defence on your PAL

I'm also an Alberta pleb, from what I know most of the time as long as you use "reasonable force" meaning you don't shoot someone who wants to jack your DVD player and rather wants to kill you, they don't really charge you.

Honestly the entire Canadian system is fucked IMO and I really wish we had a lot more of the laws the States have. Running drills and shit with plates and full-capacity ARs would be nice. None of the BS limiting everything.
>>
>>33134222
Would you recommend something smaller? Just to keep close by at night.
>>
>>33134240
"Range shooting" then alright.
>>
>>33134275
Exactly
>>
>>33134240
>Jamal should be able to break into your home and steal your property with risking physical harm or death.

You fucking wot.
>>
>>33134205
Are revolvers restricted up there? A lot of times revolvers slide through gun laws since lawmakers think them "antiquated" and "quaint," they'll still kill people just as dead.
>>
>>33134459
I think what you are talking about is older firearms made before 1898 and are chambered in a uncommon or "reloader" caliber. These firearms are under the "antique class" and one does not need a licence. A good example is a webley mk4 made before 1898 chambered in .455 webley
>>
>>33136542
and with the Webley one may have the cylinder shaved to except .45 acp cartridges with moon clips. (must be super low pressure rounds)
>>
>>33134205
Home defense is always a necessity, even in commieland
>>
>>33134205
Buy a pistol and take a drive to nevada for mags, every gun store cashier I've bought mags from were bros about it
Then you build your spooky dooky ghost gun from a hastily drill pressed AR receiver and go shooting in the mountains
>>
Pardon my near-complete ignorance of Canadian firearms law, but I was under the impression that handguns were generally banned in Canada absent very restrictive licensure.

At any rate, I'm fortunate to live in a state in the USA where I can choose just about anything short of an automatic weapon before I need licensure. (Guess what? We aren't all killing ourselves in my state. Go to Chicago, with the most restrictive firearm ownership laws in existence, and more people are dead in an average week than we have in an average year statewide. It's a matter of whether you have allowed your area to be populated by citizen homeowners or entitlement mentality thugs.)

Since I can choose anything, here's what I choose: for home, I have a .357 revolver kept on top of the entertainment center near the front door. A 12 gauge Mossberg 500, 5+1 capacity, loaded with 00 Buck, behind the bedroom door. In the bathroom closet (where my wife and kids would go in the event of emergency) there is a .38 S&W and a 12 gauge double barrel, loaded with #4 shot, and a box of extra ammo for each. My daughter (12) is an awesome shooter, and has a Marlin 18-shot .22 rifle in her room; my son (15) is not so target capable but has a New England Arms .410 single shot with buckshot in his. My eldest teenage daughter is a competitive bowhunter and has a 45# compound bow and 125# crossbow at the ready hanging on her wall, and another Marlin .22 in her closet that she practices with every year for turkey season.

In my car, I keep a Glock .45 and a .22 revolver (the .22 is mainly because I do encounter injured wildlife on the roads and occasionally need to put them down, but plenty useful in self defense as well.) My wife has a 9mm Taurus 809 she keeps in her car, and a .380 Ruger in her purse.

The only one I would advise against is the .380 Ruger. It was a complete dud of a gun straight from the factory, with a crappy trigger that Ruger refuses to recall.
>>
>>33136697
I should add that any respectable American should be willing to become a criminal than a victim, but I won't foist that on you.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.