[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lubricating Glocks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: Glock Field Strip.jpg (135KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Glock Field Strip.jpg
135KB, 1920x1080px
How much do you guys lubricate your glocks? I recently bought a glock 42 and it seems that the barrel is and rails are lubed up really well from the factory, better than I usually lube my G19.

Can someone give me a tutorial on how to clean a glock properly?

I usually
>Strip
>Spray Hoppe's #9 Cleaning and lubricant on the brush
>run it through the barrel a few times
>do the same thing a few times but with patches
>Brush down the rest of the slide with a dry toothbrush
>Cover the barrel in the hoppe's completely
>put a drop of gun oil on a patch and wipe down the rails where the slide connects

Should I put lube on the side where it connects to the rails at all? I know not to put any cleaner or lube by the striker face
>>
File: maxresdefault (6).jpg (238KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (6).jpg
238KB, 1920x1080px
>>33133820
Make that bitch drip.
Or use google.
>>
>>33133977
I like to make it slippery smooth as fuck but i've heard over-lubing it is bad. It's ok as long as it stays away from the striket right?

not memeing btw
>>
File: Glock-factory-lube.jpg (74KB, 571x581px) Image search: [Google]
Glock-factory-lube.jpg
74KB, 571x581px
>>
>>33133820
For my carry guns I actually use "sta-plex" grease instead of oil. It doesn't run out and make a mess or collect gunk as bad as most of the oils I've tried. Just gob it on with your finger and wipe it around with a rag until there's just a film left. The film seems dry to the touch and doesn't ooze around or fuck up your clothes (like too much oil on your CC might) but still offers great protection and lubrication. It's especially nice if you fire it a bit then have to wait a long time before cleaning because the carbon/grime just wipes off.

Great for glocks, AKs, etc but a word of caution; it will chew up some finishes. Do not put it on your polish-blue revolvers.
>>
>>33133820
You can totally clean and lube your striker, but NOT cleaning it is just smarter for the modern retard because trying to lube it without taking it out of the slide will fuck your gun up.
>>
Not going to get into the argument of which lube to use blab blab. But the following statement from you pains me "it seems that the barrel is and rails are lubed up really well from the factory, better than I usually lube my G19."

Fuck off with the factory lube, they use shit, and the shit is probably contaminated with filings, rust, aids, and shit. So your best bet is clean your brand spanking new gun up real well, then lube it to avoid the sand in vag.
>>
>>33134151
That's what I did with my g19, cleaned it all off before firing. Like I said my 43 is brand new out of the box I guess I will just clean it my way
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.