[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tacticool Training?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: MATCH-Overhead-05.jpg (196KB, 1200x915px) Image search: [Google]
MATCH-Overhead-05.jpg
196KB, 1200x915px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BXKV53MmrM

Whats the /k/onsensus on paying for tactical and range training like this? I wouldn't even say I want to be very fast or try to pretend to be an operator but I just want to shoot moar and doing stationary holster draws gets boring.

>pro
Doing tactical training and shoot house stuff isn't often something you can do without going to a class. Gun clubs and outdoor/indoor ranges want you to show up, slowly shoot one magazine into a target 5 feet away then go home. Moving and shooting and shit is fun.

>con
Usually every instructor has a laundry list of opinions they force on you, most having never actually used lethal force. You do get to move and shoot and such but usually its by their rules and it may be over controlled ruining the fun. You'll prolly deal with a bunch of tacticool wanabes in the class when all I want to do is shoot moar and in different scenarios

>pay for tactical range training?
>>
>>33133319
I think training like that is retarded for most people if you're not in the infantry or some police SRT and going to go kill people in urban environments.

military units do not go to places that wind up on youtube.

And anyway, go to the range and learn to shoot accurately.
>>
>>33133319
if you have "fuck you" money and want to do it for fun go ahead. Academi and their advanced ranges are for contractors and LE.

If you are a normal guy there isnt a need for it. There are other classes you can do at facilities like academi where you get to move a bit but at the same time isnt a $3000 operator certification package that has no use unless you're on the job.
>>
That looks pretty cool OP not gonna lie but the practicality of such a place for the average gun owner is just not there.

I do tactical drills from time to time just as something fun to do that's also good practice for defensive shooting, but I also don't have to shoot at public ranges. But having shoot houses like that may not be a successful business model. It'd be better if you had something like an easily configurable range that people could set up like their job or home. Like a bunch of targets and rolling wooden frames that had something light and non-transparent as walls all inside a big hesco or concrete courtyard.

Either way I'd def shoot in that shoot house if it were nearby so there is some market at least.
>>
File: IMG_4623.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4623.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>33133422
Kek. Just pay $3k to get contracter cert for the fun.

>/k/

>>33133466
Ya i just want to move around and shoot around corners a bit for the experience of it.

>>33133352
Ya ive been building myself up from 7yards firing control pairs from the holster. Each target got 15 rounds put in em. Nothin to be proud of but im just learning the fundamentals. Sub 2.5 second prolly.
>>
File: IMG_4623.jpg (949KB, 2446x2490px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4623.jpg
949KB, 2446x2490px
>>33133537
Fucking orientation.

But should i just keep moving out and getting faster?
>>
>>33133319
>Moving and shooting and shit is fun.
That's basically it. It's more likely than not that you'll never put this shit to use. But if you can drop the cash on it, it's a fun break from just another day on the range.
>>
>>33133319
Isn't there a sporting discipline associated with moving and shooting? I forgot the name but they go around obstacle courses shooting targets. Seems up your alley.
>>
>>33133770
3 guns?
>>
Oh i remember. The organization that does the stuff is called IPSC. Try looking that up, maybe they have some events or competitions near you.
>>
>>33133352
>military units do not go to places that wind up on youtube.
nowadays everyone's on youtube. T1G has a youtube channel, Kyle Defoor's class schedule is over 50% .mil classes, the Rogers Shooting School has been public for a long time, etc.
>>
>>33133563
you should get a shot timer if you haven't already

my first time using one showed that i was completely bullshitting my guesses for times.
>>
>>33133770
2 gun. How physical it is depends on who's designing the match.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.