[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay I have a stupid question With any USP pistols am I able

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

Okay I have a stupid question

With any USP pistols am I able to simply pull the trigger without having to cock it just like you can with a makarov pistol if the first strike doesn't set off the first hit or do I have to cock it each time like you would with once of those old revolvers that requires a pull first on the hammer before firing?
>>
>>33133214
It's double action.
>>
>>33133214
Literally what the fuck are you asking? That was a mile long sentence.
>>
>>33133214
You could've found your answer with google, you retard
>>
>>33133238
Okay in simpler terms.

Like the makarov can I simply just pull the trigger without ever touching the slide at all while the hammer has not been pulled back?
>>
>>33133272
yes, the trigger will cock the hammer when the hammer is down. This gun is referred to as a Double Action/Single Action. Meaning that when the hammer is down the trigger will cock the hammer and fire, likewise you can also manually pull the hammer back and fire it like an old revolver but that's retarded
>>
>>33133272
Hard to answer that question because I don't own a handgun and every youtube that shows the double action every single of them always cock the hammer or pull the slide and say it is double action so idk dude
>>
>>33133313
Okay thank you

In a few days I'm going to go to my nearest pawnshop and see if I should go for the full size 9mm or the compact 9mm
>>
>>33133214

It's either SA/DA or DA, there are no single action USPs
>>
>>33133406
>>33133214
>>33133238
He's asking about second strike capabilities, and whether or not he has to recock the hammer. Whether it's DA or DA/SA, you can just pull the trigger again for second strike attempts. This is a quality not seen in striker fired pistols like the glock or kahr, where you need to recock the hammer entirely.

So to answer your question, the USP will do a second strike on an unignited cartridge, namely because it is not a SA hammer fired pistol or revolver (which would spin the cylinder)
>>
Dont USPs come in SAO DAO and SDA?
>>
>>33133272
Yes The usp is a SA/DA or DAO pistol. I don't know of any trigger mods that make it SAO like you're asking.
>>
>>33133595
You can disable the decocker with a variant 9 detent plate but the double action function will still work if you manually lower the hammer.
Basically you can have a cocked and locked USP but there is no such thing as a single action only USP.
>>
>>33133527
This is what OP was asking, and the answer is correct.
>>
>>33133362
I have a compact 9mm USP and I love the thing. The issue I have with it is that it has to have one of the worst DA trigger pulls I've ever shot. If you're buying a gun you want to have a reliable DA trigger on I'd strongly consider looking at your other options, or swapping out the USP stock trigger for an LEM or match.
>>
File: 1485840913424.jpg (75KB, 697x428px) Image search: [Google]
1485840913424.jpg
75KB, 697x428px
Yes, like all DA/SA pistols, you can restrike a round with a second trigger pull but holy hell, if a round doesn't go off jack that bitch out.

I carry DA/SA guns exclusively and whenever I get a click, I'm racking that slide. That round has proven to me that it's not going to go off so I'm not going to waste time trying to get it to work.
>>33134877
Assuming you're saying the HK's DA pull isn't good because it's heavy, what does the weight or quality of a trigger have in relation to the reliability? I'm not following you...

>buys an HK
>doesn't get a TLG LEM trigger
>>
>>33135240
how long does it take to pull the trigger twice? there's no recoil if the round doesn't fire. you have to re-aim if you rack the slide, so you might as well pull the trigger twice first.

As long as you don't hesitate. Obviously if you go "wtf", then pull the trigger, then go "wtf" and rack the slide it isn't worth the time. but if you have already decided that you will pull the trigger again before changing position it won't cost more than .05-.1s.

that being said, its damn near impossible to train a second strike, so who knows.
>>
is this the stupid questions thread? how much is a police surplus 9mm sig p226 worth? i bought one with 3 mags for $500 on gunbroker earlier and im wondering how i did. this is my first gun other than a .22 i got when i was 9
>>
>>33135274
>you have to re-aim if you rack the slide, so you might as well pull the trigger twice first.

https://youtu.be/c8Qie-pvCIM?t=312

>>33135284
Depending on the condition, if it has minimal wear, you did really good. I bought a Trade in 226 with only 1 mag for the same price as you got it for.
>>
>>33135240
Sorry, I worded my post incorrectly. What I meant to say is that because there's such a big difference between the SA and the DA trigger pull, it's hard to reliably make an accurate second-strike follow up shot, especially in a stressful situation where you'd need to make your shots count. I'm not saying don't get it, but be wary of that if you're going to be carrying it, and train with it.
>>
File: k_btfo.gif (2MB, 230x173px) Image search: [Google]
k_btfo.gif
2MB, 230x173px
>>33133527
>striker fired pistols like the glock or kahr, where you need to recock the hammer entirely
>striker fired pistols. . .where you need to recock the hammer
>striker
>hammer
>>
>>33133337
>Hey I dont own a handgun or anything that even remotely qualifies me posting in this thread but hey fuck it let me spay my bullshit far and wide because why not

Fuck you
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.