[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where did they fuck up, /k/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Where did they fuck up, /k/?
>>
when you posted this thread.
>>
File: 1487454016006.jpg (134KB, 858x536px) Image search: [Google]
1487454016006.jpg
134KB, 858x536px
>>33129816
I still don't get the "wont be able to keep up with demand if HPA passes" argument. Are suppressors really that difficult to manufacture?
>>
>>33129816
i imagine there isnt a huge market for silencers, seems like a dumb thing to base a company around
>>
>>33129816
Is this just about them letting half their staff go?
>>
>>33129872
https://modernrifleman.net/2017/02/25/surprise-message-casts-doubt-on-the-american-suppressor-association/
>>
>>33129844
are you retarded? they just laid off a good portion of their employees, no shit they wont be able to keep up with HPA demand

there are so many dumb motherfuckers waiting for HPA to pass (which is going to take longer than a F4), not to mention stores are actually going to want to keep these in stock, especially at first when demand is going to be highest

nobody will be able to keep up, get your cans now
>>
>>33129900
I just took the whole HPA thing to be a marketing piece. Did you actually thing it was anything more than that?
>>
>>33130289
Dreams of the HPA literally killed the market. Are you really this retarded?
>>
File: businessweek cover.jpg (47KB, 567x756px) Image search: [Google]
businessweek cover.jpg
47KB, 567x756px
>>33130314
The run up to 41f had it own build up, and the opening up not needing a cleo sign off afterwards was a huge dfemand.

People who actually buy cans bought them all in that period. The spike in demand was met.

HPA had little to do with it. The act had rebate provisions for those that bought early. Brush up on your economics, and keynes doesnt count.
>>
>>33130396
t. industry insider here

You have it completely right. Many people in the industry are trying to use the HPA as a scapegoat for los sales but the real reason is that 41F has stalled the market. The entire reason there were record sales leading up is so people wouldn't have to buy with new regulations. Now comparatively sales are stalling, and everyone is blaming the HPA and SilencerCo.

The industry fucking sucks. Everyone acts like children.
>>
>>33129816

They should've made a wide ass can (like as wide as a fucking oil filter) that was Y shaped so it accomodated plenty of volume without interrupting the sight picture. Which also would have been excellent for reflex shots too.

And then had adaptable front pieces based on caliber.

Maybe also make it a 3 Lug suppressor and then they can manufacture 3 Lug mounts for varying calibers not just 9mm.

> but this is true of any current suppressor manufacturer
> someone should pick up this idea
>>
File: very quick suppressor Y sketch.png (8KB, 339x232px) Image search: [Google]
very quick suppressor Y sketch.png
8KB, 339x232px
>>33131189
very quick sketch incoming

Though I imagine it would be better making it an actual Y shape this is pretty much the same idea.

> go up like horns
> rather than down like a droopy osprey
>>
>>33129816
When they named themselves silencer co ITS A FUCKING SUPPRESSOR
>>
>>33131533
Maxim's Patent says Silencer.
>>
>>33131533
Both terms are correct sperglord
>>
>>33131255

Why couldn't the bottom two thirds be filled in, though? Or why not just a groove on the top of a regular round can, like a slice out of a pie?
>>
>>33131189
3 lug is acceptable enough for 9mm, but not real calibers.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.