[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Didn't see this in the catalog, so....

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: trump cares how you feel NOT.jpg (55KB, 550x960px) Image search: [Google]
trump cares how you feel NOT.jpg
55KB, 550x960px
>DESIGNATION OF MILITIA RIFLES

>By the authority vested in me as President and Commander in Chief of the Militia by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, and in order to ensure the ability of citizens of the United States to defend themselves, their communities and their States, as well as to ensure the safety and security of our Nation, I hereby order as follows:

>Section 1. Purpose. Both individual and community safety are critically important to the national security of the United States. Terrorism, transnational criminal activity and potential acts of war by foreign nations present a significant threat to national security and our citizens, who have the right and the duty to defend themselves, their communities, their States and the Nation.

And so forth. Peruse and discuss -- especially you lawyerly types. Me? I'm impressed. I honestly didn't think there was anything he could or would do, even with Don Jr. coaching him.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/02/john-boch/proposed-executive-order-designating-rifles-militia-purposes/
>>
File: 1478587558924.jpg (28KB, 362x359px) Image search: [Google]
1478587558924.jpg
28KB, 362x359px
>>33129640
wew i hope this is real
>>
>>33129640
Lawfag here. It's a good start, but won't necessarily change anything.

The President's executive orders only have legal force towards the agencies of the executive branch. They aren't actually binding on the courts in terms of how they interpret the Constitution (if they were, the courts couldn't have struck down the immigration executive order), and even though it contains language in section five claiming to preempt state law, Federal preemption can only be invoked in an act of Congress.
>>
>>33129742
Understood. It's still nice to have a pro-funz Chief Executive using his office as a bully pulpit, though. I don't think we've had one since Teddy Roosevelt.
>>
This is a bad idea.

>muh American rifles
>defining mag limits
>defining militia

Definitely needs some work.
>>
To clarify, looks like this is by some lawyer and is being pitched to the Trump admin.

It's a nice idea, but seems it should be taken further. Limiting to only those models of rifles is unfair to the firearm industry because it leaves lots of other companies who make good products out in the cold just because they didn't happen to make past US service rifles. No need for this. The firearms can be defined based on semi-auto and caliber. No need to get into specific firearms.

Overall though, anything that reminds people that there is a second amendment is a good thing. And something like this would give law enforcement a nice excuse to look the other way on a lot of shit.
>>
The definitions are all bad. Militia, militia rifles, all of it.
What we need is a federal ban on states, counties, cities, or any other jurisdiction infringing on any constitutional rights. Individual rights must trump (unintended pun) state rights.
>>
>>33129834
was about to say the same thing.
>>
Also as an EO, it would be the first thing to go once a dem president gets in to show they're "tough on guns" and once we start down that road....ugh
>>
>>33129640
DRUMPF IS CRAZY

CIVILIANS DO NOT NEED AR-15 ASSAULT RIFLES
>>
>>33130573
>not ASSAULT RIFLE 15s
Do you even libtard?
>>
>>33129640
Trump's heart is in the right place, but this is something that must be defined by Congress instead, like the Militia Act.
>>
>>33129640
>only mentions ARs, M1As, Garands, and bolt actions.
>>
>>33130587
>Armalite Rifle - 15
Do you even retard?
>>
>>33130639
As an EO, it's a stopgap. Nothing more.

I'll take my good works where I can get them at this point.
>>
>>33129640
a rifle behind every blade of grass...
>>
File: IMG_5377.jpg (91KB, 500x449px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5377.jpg
91KB, 500x449px
Bump
>>
This is still too far away from being a reality to be excited. Trumps been acting on his campaign promises faster and more thoroughly than any president I've seen in my life but he hasn't done much for gun rights yet.

Make another thread when I can unfuck my ar and a company will actually ship a standard magazine to my house in NY.
>>
>>33130687
Do you miss shots as often as jokes?
>>
>>33129762
Hi Phil.
>>
>>33129834
This.

So if I'm a member of a private citizens' militia, I'm already running afoul of this EO. Plus what if I don't want one of the guns outlined? Say my go to weapon is an AK type with a 75 round drum mag?
>>
File: 1479301015203.jpg (71KB, 735x588px) Image search: [Google]
1479301015203.jpg
71KB, 735x588px
>>33132552
I guess you take your militia and your RPK and you shove them both right up your asshole.

Trump isn't Hitler but he does share Hitler's fascination with centralizing power and ferverent nationalism which is VERY concerning.
>>
>>33131906
Compliant HexMags can easily be modified to hold 30 rounds. Of course I wouldn't condone such an action, as that's like super illegal
>>
>>33132591
>loving your country is bad
Tumblr is that way
>>
>>33132552
Get an American gun you traitor. Why do you hate your Nation and People?
>>
>>33132603
Loving your country over your state in a federation with military power heavily in the hands of the federals is in fact very bad. Washington, Jefferson, and every fucking other American worth his salt tried to warn us. Are they the founders of tumblr now?
>>
>>33132591
Because he's a nationalist populist. The right has gotten so concerned with stopping the left that they were willing to give up their small government ideals just to stop the commies.

Or maybe we on the right got so used to growing government over the past 40+ years that this was just a natural progression. No one realized what was happening til it was too late.

>>33132603
You can love your country and what it stands for while still disagreeing with the President. Or did you proudly wear a "Hope & Change" shirt for the past 8 years?
>>
>>33132637
Are they the founders of tumblr now?
Yes.

But goddamn if this shitshow of an election didn't prove once and for all that he was right.
>>
>>33129640
>no belt fed machine guns
Fuck off.
>>
>>33130674
Modern, dignified AMERICAN guns to you, surpnigger.

I hope this EO will finally put down the threat to the gun community that is the toxic surplusshit subculture. They have no loyalty to their Nation and People, regularly contributing to our trade imbalance by importing frivolous, inferior luxuries from globalist states that hate our Nation.
>>
>>33133308
I really hope this doesn't shit on imports because the only guns I'm interested in are CZs, H&Ks, and Caracal's upcoming AR
>>
>>33133308
I am American, I was in the Army.
>>
File: l-1215.jpg (141KB, 700x1181px) Image search: [Google]
l-1215.jpg
141KB, 700x1181px
>>33133558
Thnx 4 ur cervix
>>
>live in a ban state
>this order will likely change nothing

T-Thanks
>>
>>33133646
Don't hate on my national defense ribbon. I almost gave my life for your freedom in BCT.
>>
>>33132596
They certainly could, and a compliant ar could be unfucked with an allen wrench. For that matter, a drill and $150 worth of parts from the internet could turn it into an m16. All of those things are harmless but all would get a person in a lot of trouble at the range. That's the problem, we need these laws fixed.
>>
>>33129640
>And similar rifles
So basically any other semi auto is accounted as a militia weapon, along with battle rifles, bolt actions and antiques
>>
>>33129640
You can write anything in an executive order, that doesn't give any legal standing.

This is one of those moves that doesn't actually change anything, it's merely designed to look pretty to keep the rubes in line, it'll give all the single issue voters a nice fuzzy warm feeling without actually giving them anything of value. A bit of theatre to keep the drooling masses sated.

The win-state for 2a types is essentially supreme court rulings protecting gun rights, or strong congressional legislation doing the same, the Republican party could do this, having a majority in congress, but they aren't and they won't.

Because ultimately the Republican party needs to hold back gun rights, they desperately need that as a wedge issue, the if pro 2a types ever actually "win" they'll lose that, so they will limit their progress to throwing scraps at you lot like this from time to time.

Really all the republican party cares about at the moment is corporate tax cuts.
>>
>>33135913
>republicans protect gun rights
>gun voters now vote democrat
wut? If you do things I like, I'll vote for you. Now and as long as you continue to do/promise to do those things.
>>
This is a fucking awful idea. Putting weapons into arbitrary categories is how we got into this mess in the first place. Even if this does pass, it will be used validation to restrict all weapons not specifically listed.
>>
>>33135975
It doesn't have to "pass" it's an executive order. Though, it may not even be real because the article essentially says "a friend of mine says he wrote this for trump to sign"

I agree, this if this sort of thing was made law, it'd be pretty dangerous when the left is back in power. But baby steps in the right direction are better than nothing imo
>>
>>33135913
If republicans repealed the import bans and hughes amendment I'd vote straight ticket republican for the rest of my life. It's hilarious how the left thinks the right is always being manipulated into voting republican.
>>
>>33129640
Terrible idea. Creates another fictional category in constant need of updating as new stuff appears.
>>
>>33132591
>Very concerning

Fucking LOL
I fucking LOVE it, cuck
>>
this is exactly the same as Obama's executive orders
designed to sound like they'er doing something for the POTUS's base while not actually doing anything

at this rate, Trump is shaping up to have the most unconstitutional or ineffective EOs of any president yet
>>
>>33130691
it's not a stopgap
it's nothing that will do nothing and is desinged to trick idiots like you into thinking Trump is doing something
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.