[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GOING to be buying my first gun this week so I wanted to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: GOVJEBBUSH2.jpg (60KB, 662x800px) Image search: [Google]
GOVJEBBUSH2.jpg
60KB, 662x800px
GOING to be buying my first gun this week so I wanted to get some recommendations to look into.

I have shot a rifle before that was a .22lot but I want something with a little bit more power so this is what I'm looking for
> a rifle that isn't a .22
> budget is $450
>semi auto or bolt action

I know there might not be a lot of options but since I don't know much of different sizes of rounds I could get some help deciding or what to look into
>>
Bumping for loneliness
>>
>>33129390
What kind of rifle do you want. Semi, bolt, pump lever etc etc etc? Is your budget for ammo too? Do you have a place to shoot? Is it going to be for hunting or small game; or maybe just target shooting?
>>
>>33129390
>No other weapons
Believe me, buy a 10/22 first off. It really IS the Mandatory First Gun
I guess then you can go out and buy the (meme) Mosin
>>
File: Gen 4.jpg (136KB, 766x478px) Image search: [Google]
Gen 4.jpg
136KB, 766x478px
>>33129390
Glock 19

You're welcome
>>
>>33129753
Dont listen to this retard. 10/22s are so boring you will lose interest in the hobby. You dont have to start with a 22 if you remember that it will teach you bad habits.

>buy a 10/22
>or buy a mosin
this is one of the worst posts I've seen in a long time. For the money he could get an sks anywhere, or a yugomauser that will outlive him; a 12ga shotgun in a variety of flavors for load diversity... Anon what the fuck.
>>
>>33129769
Ew no this is /k/, not facebook
>>
>>33129744
I intend to have for target shooting and HD if ever happens
>>
>>33129789
Glock 19 is the correct answer though
>>
>>33129783
Wew lad. First of all chill out.
I am suggesting Weapons(and ammo) that can be found EVERYWHERE. That is practical for everyone that doesent want to go Full Fucking /k/. And yes, you can also buy a 12g and change the MN for a SKS.
Hell, these weapons get you all the fun and training you might need
>>
>>33129803
Then you might want to consider a semi automatic 410/20ga or 12ga if you have shooting experience.

My advice still stands though to get yourself an SKS(cheap ammo) or maybe a nice yugoslavian mauser if you can find one. Ammo is a bit more expensive but it's about on par for any other full sized cartridge.

Are you american? does your state have freedoms? you could spend a little bit more and make your own ar. It's a slipper slope though and most people end up throwing a ton of money into it.
>>
>>33129830
>doesnt want a 22
>anon goes off on some shtf tangent that doesn't make any sense at all

So instead of your original post then you meant to agree with me. Not suggest a garbage ruger. Correct?

>says not everyone wants to go full /k/
>then says these ewapons get you all the fun and training you need
Do you even listen to yourself?

OP again i'd suggest building an ar or buying an sks, maybe a lever 30-30 if you're just having fun.
>>
>>33129833
I'm a Commiefornian
>>
>>33129870
Sks for sure then. I'm not sure if you can purchase one out of state and bring it back in with you because I'd imagine they're super expensive in state. You might be better off with a mossberg 500 series or something. I wouldn't a remington as their quality control has seriously taken a nose dive.

Go to the store, handle a bunch of stuff and see what you like. I thought I'd love a pistol grip shotgun when I was a kid but quickly realized it wasn't going to work out for me at the time, an 18 year old 130lbs skeleton.
>>
>>33129870
the nice part about building your own ar is that once you have the lower(anywhere from 30-200 dollars) you can purchase all your own shit. Build your own upper or build an assembled one to be shipped to your doorstep for a few hundred(I suggest the PSA premium uppers with FN barrels) and a parts kit to finish the lower for like 30 bucks.

Ars are at their cheapest right now to build. If you have a bit of extra money and want to get something cool, I would definitely grab an ar lower even if you don't plan on using it for a year or two.
>>
>>33129978
But would I have to drill stuff into the lower or is that only for the 80% .
>>
>>33129390
Get a 12 gauge shotgun with a 28 inch barrel and get into shotgun sports. Use the rest of the money on shells, rounds of trap/skeet, or even a lesson or two from an instructor.
>>
>>33129811
>OP wants rifle
>Here, have a pistol with poor ergonomics and a shit trigger
>>
>>33130003
Oh no that's only for the 80%. If you go and purchase one at a gun store, through an ffl, it will be complete and is the registered firearm that requires the background check.

If you wanted to you could buy a finished lower and slap a grip stock and parts kit into it and all that's left is the upper and a magazine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8sY5CQmlHI
Video related, it's an hour long but honestly I've put them together in under fifteen minutes before. It is not hard at all. Think legos for adults.
>>
>>33130091
Forgot to mention, this video is very long and drawn out to explain things in detail in case you don't have a mechanical mind. You dont need a vice or any fancy tools besides a few allen wrenches(that you can use as punches once on the bolt release paddle) and a hammer. You don't need a vice or magazine holder or anything like that. You can do it standing, with a beer in one hand while watching a video on your phone. It's that easy.

If you can find an ak or sks for around your price I would go with that though. Much more fun to shoot.
>>
>>33129753
>always buy a 10/22 first because Mount Stupid makes me feel like I know what I'm talking about
>Then buy Le Nugg because memes lol

What the fuck anon, stop posting immediately.

>>33129390
>$450
>Not .22
>Semi or bolt

Here's a few choices anon.

1.Savage Axis bolt action

Pros
>Right under $300 for a barebones model, slightly more for one with a scope.
>available in pretty much all American hunting calipers from .223 to .35 Whelen
>Very accurate
>Light weight

Cons
>No iron sights
>Ammos expensive if other than .223
>Not really "fun" to take to the range

2.Lower end AR-15

Pros
>At or slightly under $450
>Fun to blast away at the range
>Fairly cheap ammo
>AR-15s look like badass Black Rifles that will make mom freak
>Thuddy round cleeyup
>easy to customize
>Can be used for plinking, defense, and some hunting

Cons
>Owning a cheap AR will make you want a more expensive one
>.223 is too anemic for deer, hogs, bear, and elk

3.Hi-Point Carbine

Pros
>Under $300 for a base model, under $400 for the package deal with extra mags and goodies
>Available in .380, 9mm, .40sw, and .45 ACP
>Unbelievably reliable(manual says not to even clean it until 2000 rounds have been fired
>Godmode life time warranty that applies every owner the carbine has
>Fun as fuck at the range, can be used for defense, and shooting varmints

Cons
>Made for 10 round mags
>Le hi point maymay from retards that over pay for Turkish potmetal
>Not good for hunting deer, hogs, bear, and elk
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 1280x1084px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 1280x1084px
>>33129789
Stop trying to troll OP. He needs a Glock
>>
>>33129869
Okay,weapons training and having some "fun" with it does not exactly make you a Kommando.

I dont think the ruger is Garbage, i am not speaking about a imaginary "SHTF" "situation. 22lr is a caliber that can be found in EVERY state and be can be purchased easily
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>33129769
Right brand wrong model. G17 is the only choice here.
>>
>>33129869
>lever 30-30 if you're just having fun.
>>33129870
>commiefornian
in that case, I'd say a lever .30-30 can serve as a breddy gud defensive rifle, too.
>same or better capacity as a pump shotgun or rifle
>faster action
>deadly cartridge
>200 yard engagement vs only 75 from a shotgun
>side loading gate which allows topping off after every shot easier than bottom loading like a pump shotgat.
>>
File: IMG_20160907_192057.jpg (1MB, 2304x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160907_192057.jpg
1MB, 2304x2304px
>>33129753
10/22s are generic and fucking boring, i wouldnt count out every 22 though, i find bolt action 22s to satiate my bot action hunger at a good price (milsurp ammo is expensive) my first was an sks and its still my fav today so that would be my reccomendation, alltho finding them for below 450 is hard now, if youre patient youll find one
>>
>>33129390
> a rifle that isn't a .22
> budget is $450
nothing
500 rounds of steel 223/545/762 is $120
$450 - $30 transfer fee - $20 ammo shipping - $20 gun shipping = $260
You can't get a good semi auto rifle for $260 anymore.

An M&P Sport II and ammo will cost you about $800 shipped and transferred. If you can't afford bulk ammo you can't afford the gun.
>hurr sks
An SKS isn't even much cheaper anymore. You'll spend $400 and save nothing per round.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.