[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NoFun Refugee, Please Advise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

Just moved to Nevada from Cuckifornia, Stacking my Charter internet bills for proof of residence so I can buy something 6 months from now.

I will have $1500 to blow when the time comes, not sure what to do.

Do I buy a decent handgun and decent rifle? One high-quality rifle? Shotgun and rifle?

I have been leaning toward getting a M&P Shield and decent AR.

I wanna hear what you all think. Great moves, keep it up, proud of ya.
>>
>>33128636
Move back to California
>>
>>33128636
https://youtu.be/9rGhfhifok8
>>
>>33128636
Typically you need a copy of your water bill because that's tied to the city/government.

>M&P Shield and decent AR
Shit taste in guns, I can't help you. I can say it depends on how set your are on the platform. If you know for a fact if SHTF you'd run an AR then get a good AR.
>>
File: You_Doodle_2017-02-18T03_41_22Z.jpg (4MB, 2877x1563px) Image search: [Google]
You_Doodle_2017-02-18T03_41_22Z.jpg
4MB, 2877x1563px
>>33128749
>AR
>Shit Taste

No
>>
>>33128689
Reason?
>>
>>33128749
Good I've been saving those too.

Why is that shit taste? M&P is the only 9mm that felt good in my hands in the shop.

I don't like AKs, don't want bolt action, can't really afford any other semi auto I would want.

Instead of shitting on me how about you make a recommendation. Im 6 months out still have time to learn
>>
>>33128636
welcome to the silver state homie! legalized weed and barely any gun laws- the best of both worlds! where in nevada did u move to?
>>
>>33128636
What do you currently have?
If nothing, I'd get a handgun as a #1 priority since it will do 90% of the serious work (CC/HD/more likely to be valuable in SHTF if that happened).
I'd get something like a Glock 19 or smaller. M&P Shield would be a fine choice if that's what you like. Definitely recommend testing out some options first.

This will leave plenty of money for a shotgun or rifle. Shotguns are cheap. Get a Mossberg or Maverick 88, I definitely recommend the combo with 18" and 28" barrels. The 18" with 5+1 cap is perfectly fine for HD while the 28" will come in handy for entry-level skeet/trap/bird hunting. Definitely recommend shooting trap/skeet in addition to stationary target. It's a useful skill.

Rifles? AR-15 is the obvious answer. It's such a dominant force in the American weapons market that it's very tough to beat value-wise. You can build a PSA AR-15 for $400 if you wanted to. I'd definitely recommend spending more than that, but even an el-cheapo PSA build is surprisingly good.
Alternatively, PSA also acquired DDI and they sell AKs now. Hopefully they can match their pricing/quality with what they're doing with ARs and we can have $300-400 AKs again. In 6 months, who knows but I do know they're already selling blems for $650 with polymer furniture and optic mounts. That's really cheap considering how expensive AKs have been getting. Jury is out on quality, but in 6 months we should have some definitive answers.

You could also get a battle rifle like an AR-10 or PTR-91 but it would eat up your shotgun budget.
>>
>>33128973
Incline Village. Family still in Ca so want to be close, plus recreation around here is good. Snow is shitting on us right now tho. Thanks for the welcome, cant wait to run-n-gun in the high desert.
>>
>>33128975
Really appreciate your advice. I always thought Glock 19 would be my go to but when I held it the palm swell just doesn't fit my hand that well. Any 9's besides the Shield or 19 that you suggest I look into?

AR-10 is really interesting to me but I know nothing about them. Is the .308 cartridge the only difference between the two platforms? Is there one you personally prefer?
>>
>>33128975
Sorry didn't answer your question. I have nothing right now. I figured the handgun would be my first step.
>>
>>33128973
Does having a med card affect your ability to purchase a gun?
>>
>>33128860
I have a ton of experience with Californian expats.

Particularly in Texas.

>hey guys, I just moved to your state, because fuck those liberals in California LOL
>what do you mean you don't like abortion?
>what do you mean you're unironically Christian? LOL
>wait you guys actually do believe there should be no restrictions on guns? What about the gunshow loophole?

*takes 3 of them shooting*

>start off on .22
>wow this is fun
>give them AR
>lol is that full auto?
>how did you buy that? And why do you have it?
>you Texans are crazy :))))))

They all, all of them, despite moving from California to escape taxes, government bullshit etc... voted for Hillary.

FUCKING DROPPED

Unless you are 100% conservative and republican, go the fuck back. We don't want you. YOU are the reason states go to shit and we lose more gun rights.

Rant over. You may not be like that, but many, many are and you ruin entire cities with your faggotry.
>>
>>33129620
Nevada just went recreational, he won't need anything but his ID once the dispensaries get up and going
>>
>>33130037
What's this "we" shit, Nigger?
>>
File: Rtc.gif (68KB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
Rtc.gif
68KB, 300x226px
>>33130037
Not him, but take a relaxative. Just look at how much carry laws have improved in the US as a whole.
>>
>>33129493
308 is the main difference and the only one that matters to most shooters. Controls are identical to an AR-15 and the magazine is of course different too. Aside from that, many AR-15 parts drop right in--including the most commonly replaced like grips, stocks, triggers, and safeties. Other aspects are essentially incompatible--like handguards and many internal parts (complete bolt carrier assembly, action spring, buffer, magazine release, bolt catch, and muzzle devices). For the purposes of an average shooter, it's really all about the bigger cartridge.

Personally, I've got two AR's in 308. One in 16" and one in 20". The 16" is probably the most functional overall--it's lighter and lethal to almost everything within about 500 yards--which is also the functional limit of the red dot I have on it. The 20" has a bipod and bigger scope on it--but it's also a pig. I've got half a mind to swap out for some lighter components (Aero scope mount and an ultralight scope) and swap for a muzzle brake instead.
>>
>>33130140
You want more people opposed to gun rights in your state? Okay

>>33130171
Gun rights in California and other cuck states have been raped the past few years.
>>
>>33130037
Texas is fuckin trash.
>>
>>33130280
I want more people educated than you do, apparently. You just seem them second-class citizens and write them off without a moment's notice.
>>
>>33130399
Deem*
Fuck you, phone.
>>
>>33130171

>may issue in Maryland

It's a complete joke. Nobody ever gets it.
>>
>>33129398
>Incline Village.
How is that sinkhole doing on Kingsbury?
>>
>>33130399
They are second class citizens in my eyes.

Absolutely.

Why do you have a problem with this?
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1555x941px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1555x941px
>>33128636
FFL here

Your internet bill does not satisfy Brady. You need a combination of documents that proves photo, name, and address, all of which must be government-issued.
>Just moved to Nevada
Remember to get a Nevada DL within 10 days.

Any questions?
>>
>>33128636
>>33130870
There are many documents that can be used in combination with the drivers license of another state to prove residence:
hunting license
fishing license
CCW license
vehicle registration
tax bill
non-tax municipal fee
other municipal permits

As long as you have photo ID with your name and another ID with your name and your in-state address you can use them to satisfy Brady.
If that other document is a photo ID, i.e. a CCW, then you can use that document alone in place of a DL.
>>
>>33128883
Not the rude anon

Buy the best AR you can afford and get a used m&p.
Personally I'd go for a .308 but whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>33130037
Fuck off mate. I lived in the Bay Area and voted for Trump. I've been shooting since I was 13. And I'm not and egotistical FUCK like you. I don't even want your advice so fuck right off my thread faggot. Go secede and fuck a donkey you lone star wannabe cocksucker.
>>
>>33131199
>I'm right

Topkek
>>
>>33128636
I remember that painting from humanities, good choice.

Anyways, for 1500 I'd reccomend a mid range ar, then slapping a good optic on, then the rest for ammo and mags.
>>
>>33130870
Why 10 days?
>>
>>33131244
Thanks for the input. I'll prob end up putting down 300 for a used handgun and the rest on an ar
>>
File: Henry.jpg (90KB, 1260x266px) Image search: [Google]
Henry.jpg
90KB, 1260x266px
Get a good old fashioned Henry.

Can't go wrong with a .45-70, other than being hard to get.

Also look at the colors mate
>>
>>33128828
The literal lego set for adults.

>too easy
>>
>>33131289
That's fair. If anything I'd go on gunbroker and shopping used handguns there.
>>
>>33131199
Same fucking here dude. Fucking last white guys in California.

And this nigger >>33130037 could give a fuck less about his ancestors or his future.
>>
File: IMG_20170225_195327.jpg (256KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170225_195327.jpg
256KB, 1280x720px
>>33131310
With enough alcohol, nicotine and anger, you and your friends can put together an ar lower using only a hammer (with a few ugly roll pins after)
>>
>>33131289
Personally, I'd get a Springfield XD-S 3.3" for an all-purpose gun. That or a Glock. 19's an easy choice, though you could get a 23 and a 9mm conversion barrel. I'd spend the remainder on a half-decent AR-15 ($600-750), then stocking up to about 5 magazines for the handgun and 5 for the rifle. The remainder still for ammo--at least enough to fill the magazines, preferably with effective stuff (self defense HP's and hunting SP's). Then my next gun-related purchases would be FMJ and another brand or two of more effective ammo.
>>
>>33131393
What the actual fuck do you mean?

I do care about my states future, which is why I don't want a bunch of numales from California shitting up my state, which isn't even Texas, by the way.

I even said that y'all might not be like that, and that it was a rant. But you've proven to be such pussies that it doesn't matter.

So please stay unless you are going to stop acting like Californians.
>>
>>33131579
Holy fuck! Try driving to another state some time. California is FULL of illegals and leftovers doves from the 60's. There is a huge population of conservatives in California pretty much white people. You don't care for white culture or other conservatives please continue to tighten your gay tight farmer pants until you have no sperm and brain cells left.
>>
>>33131269
>>33130870
It's not 10 days, I just guessed. It's actually 30 days.

Hint: all 50 states require you to transfer your drivers license within a set time of becoming a resident.
>>
>>33131406
>bad lever
*pukes*

Try the EBRv2 instead
http://phase5wsi.com/extended-bolt-release-v2.html
>>
>>33131873
Thanks for the tip I appreciate it. Looking at DMV page now.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.