[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one draw guns good.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: Detective_Comics_575.jpg (51KB, 400x601px) Image search: [Google]
Detective_Comics_575.jpg
51KB, 400x601px
Fuck /ic/
>>
File: draw-sequence-3.jpg (53KB, 480x426px)
draw-sequence-3.jpg
53KB, 480x426px
>>33128405
I got you famlam, it really depends where you're carrying. Is it an appendix carry? A side holster? Ankle holster? Thigh? Assuming you're just using a normal belt holster the trick is grab the weapon by wrap the grip with your palm of your shooting hand middle, ring and pinky fingers. Keep the index finger (trigger finger) straight and pointing down the same direction of the barrel. Wrap your thumb around the grip but make sure it is not above where the slide is (good way to get Berreta bite ouch!). Raise the weapon and make sure it's pointed in the direction of the target. Important to remember that it is better to draw smoothly than quickly. As you raise the weapon wrap your non dominant hand around the shooting hand making sure to place the non dominant thumb over the other to create stability (again making sure to go above the slide). Once the weapon is completely pointing, take aim, remove any safeties( if there is any) and begin shooting.
>>
>>33128691
>ask for art tips
>instructed on how to properly unholster a firearm
>>
>>33128405
I don't really think there's much to say about drawing guns that doesn't apply to everything else as well. If anything, as a mediocre artist my problem is more of having the character holding/using the weapon naturally rather than drawing the weapon itself.

Just look at references of actual guns, how they're carried by people, and what kind of gear is carried with weapons, that kind of stuff. Don't be the guy who draws a man with an AKM and a chest rig full of AR mags. I very often use picture references from threads on /k/ that post pictures of operators and weapons.
>>
>>33128831
Oh dont worry, im a stickler for accuracy and logic when it comes to function and shit like that.

I can draw people good its just, i dont know, need to teach myself more about guns. Though to be fair, the human form is easier to remember and draw than the intricate details of most firearms.

Perhaps part of it is i want to be adept at drawing them without rulers, as i want to rely on as few tools as possible.
>>
>>33128937
Get some airsoft models and try sketching them out from different angles?
>>
>>33129416
This, desu BUT
If you decide to draw a sawed off shotgun, don't draw the little box magazine thing that every cartoonist in the world draws on their sawed off shotguns because they looked at that one airsoft shotgun.
>>
Is this a thread about Batman carrying a gun?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.