[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A 17 year old kid says Kimbers will blow up in my hand is this true?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3277.jpg (20KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3277.jpg
20KB, 500x332px
A 17 year old kid says Kimbers will blow up in my hand is this true?
>>
>>33128071
no
>>
>>33128071
some of them might
>>
>>33128071
yes
>>
File: HMCj4if.jpg (677KB, 3000x1989px) Image search: [Google]
HMCj4if.jpg
677KB, 3000x1989px
>>
>>33128071
>Listening to a 17 year old kid
that's your problem
>>
File: 411550867.jpg (530KB, 1000x635px) Image search: [Google]
411550867.jpg
530KB, 1000x635px
>>33128071
They're not gonna explode, but a lot of specimens will perform pretty poorly across the board.

They make them look pretty, and give them real nice trigger, but basically any Kimber made after 2000 is near guaranteed to be shit because the company gutted it's QC to make more money.
It's a shame, really, because they used to be pretty good, while being competitively priced with Colt.

Known problems include: everything in this >>33128101 image and more.
If you want an expensive 1911 that is actually WORTH it's pricetag, check out Dan Wesson (pic related), Wilson Combat, Les Baer or Ed Brown.
Of course you'll pay a fair bit for most of these people's models, but they're all generally quite good.

>>33128107
On the other hand this.
>>
>>33128179
the specific model I'm thinking of getting is the one pictured
>>
>>33128071
Why would you take advice from a high school kid?
>>
>>33128071
I have a stainless kimber raptor II in 45 and a micro stainless kimber raptor in 380

they are awesome
>>
>>33128179
>Tfw I got one in '92
>>
>>33128201
Buying a Kimber is a lottery, dude, no matter the model, they just don't kind of give a shit.

Here's what's very likely to happen:
>you buy your Kimber
>it looks sexy
>the trigger is crisper than fucking Pringles, oh Jesus it feels so good!
>the slide feels like it's running on gla-
>oh wait, it actually kind of doesn't, something catches/grinds halfway back, only slightly, but enough to ruin the smooth feel
>maybe it'll wear down with some break-in
>you go and shoot it
>it fails to go back into battery quite a lot of times, or the extractor doesn't extract
>you think maybe you need to replace the recoil spring o extractor, and try it
>it doesn't really help, or it makes things worse
>so you send it in to Kimber for warranty work
>but by replacing the recoil spring or extractor, you've voided your warranty and you have to pay like $500 if you want them to work on the gun for you
>you decide you pay just because the trigger is so nice and you'd really want that slide movement to be smoothed out, there's something really good here, you want this to work
>you get it back and it has a factory recoil spring or extractor now
>it still exhibits the same problem
>customer service says it's probably the ammo's fault, or you need to break it in
>shooting it, and just dealing with the intermittent malfunctions, you notice every now and then that bullets are keyholing
>you call up customer service...
Etc etc

The odds of you NOT being satisfied with a Kimber is ultimately pretty high.
It wouldn't even be nearly as awful if they didn't overcharge like shit and treat you like scum through customer service.

>>33128336
Many would envy you.
>>
>>33128071
Kimber makes more 1911s than everyone except RIA combined.

They are generallying decent, however they are also overpriced and they don't have the best customer service, quality control, or the premium materials used by other makes in the same price range (for the high end guns, the low end guns compete with everyone else's cheapies).
So a higher than average number of lemons make it into the wild, and then people get mad because the customer sup port for the $1100 lemon is shit by the standards of other gun companies.
Which means the Internet is full of shifty anecdotes about the company.

There biggest problem source is their drop safety, the Schwartz Saftey, which is what makes a "Series II" a series ii. I have a Warrior in the 27x,xxx serial number range and it is spectacular. My buddy bought one because he liked mine, and his is in the 2,00x,xxxx serial range, and his is also spectacular.

The Warriors are the last of the Series 1 guns for sale.

I don't know that I would recommend someone buy a new Kimber off the shelf insread of a used one you can inspect and test fire, but I'm not afraid of them.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.