[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battle Rifles: FN SCAR 17S vs HK MR762

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2251.jpg (78KB, 1400x987px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2251.jpg
78KB, 1400x987px
Tax return came through and I want to add a nice battle rifle to my collection. Which would you recommend: HK MR762 or FN SCAR 17S? I can get the latter for $2,650 but the HK would be around $3,300
>>
>>33127868
you dont get the good HKs so dont bother
>>
>>33127868

I think the HK is more aesthetic, but the scar 17 seems to offer just as much functionality while being cheaper and lighter.
>>
>>33127887
How so?
>>
>>33127933
SCARs have a much better aftermarket as well
>>
SCAR
>Lighter
>Cheaper
>Larger aftermarket

Unless you're really fond of H&K, the SCAR is the more versatile choice.
>>
>>33128119
Germany has stupid laws about how they can't allow military weapons to be sold to civilians, so a bunch of changes were made to the HK417 to make it shittier for export as the MR762. I don't have a full list but H&K or Wikipedia should.
>>
>>33128119
the newer a3s arent imported to the us, and the us made ones have had some issues with low quality, especially the barrels. IDK if it was DD that made them or that DD took over after the barrel quality issues were discovered.

anyways because of us import laws the HKs arent proper HKs and might have some issues. The scars on the other hand are made in belgium due to some clever loophole use
>>
>>33127868
17S by far. The HK rifles are shit piston ARs.
>>
>>33128238
see
>>33128242
the mr308/mr223 doesnt have any issues, its becuase of asault weapons ban and the 922r or whatever its called.
leafs and fucking flips get the good guns, you dont
>>
>>33128242
The barrels aren't low quality, they're just unlined which ticks off a lot of people.
>>33128284
922(r) might have something to do with it, but the AWB has nothing to do with it. Nor does the 2005 barrel ban since the barrels were never attached to machine guns.
>>
>>33127868

Just get a SCAR 17s
>>
>>33128284
>>33128299
AWB inspired the ATF definition of "sporting purposes" for import, so it's kinda sorta the AWB.
>>
>>33128317
The 1989 assault weapon import ban existed for half a decade prior to the AWB, so no. It still has nothing to do with the barrels, companies import foreign barrels all the time.
>>
>>33128334
922r does, and it says that the gun has to be X% made in murrica.

FN solves it by pinning the magwell so its essentially a singleshot rifle, making it a sporting gun.
HK doesnt bother and 922r and awb applies
>>
>>33127868
The H&K is a great way to show off that you have more money than sense, the 17S does that to a lesser extent, but it's actually a great rifle. For my money I'd get a 17s and a conversion lower to use DPMS AR-10 magazines.
>>
>>33128774
>implying the HK isnt good too
tripfags being cancer as usual
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 342x147px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 342x147px
Why not keltec rfb? Bullpup 18 inch. Fal mags. Third of the price.
>>
>>33128931
>KelTec

I mean nigger please.
>>
>>33128931
Every video I see of this gun makes it look like it has an immense amount of recoil
>>
>>33128931
To be a battle rifle doesn't something have to...ya know...be used in battles. Not Nutfancy brokebacking through the desert escapades (where it still failed to function.)
>>
>>33128970
Don't forget the wood screws holding the frame together
>>
>>33127868
Just find a range (or two) which has both, and fire them. Then decide which one you like more.

Asking /k/ for opinions on which weapon you should buy is like asking a room full of druggies which is best, coke or heroin. Whatever answer you get, it's going to be personal preference and usually shit to boot.

Make up your own mind.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.