[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wolf vs Tula vs Golden Tiger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMAG0483.jpg (2MB, 4224x2368px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0483.jpg
2MB, 4224x2368px
I am looking for a couple thousand rounds of 7.62x39 for just range shooting. I found Wolf for $0.20/rd, Tula for $0.22/rd, and Golden Tiger for $0.23/rd. Is the Golden Tiger better than the other brands for the 5%-15% more cost per round? Or is Wolf good enough?
>>
>>33125421
They're all equally terrible, in my experience Tula is the least dirty of the three. Though I've ripped through many lips and cases of Tula.
>>
>>33125436
I don't mind terrible. I'm just looking for the cheapest reliable boom.
>>
>>33125421
Just get whatever's cheapest, so in this case the Wolf. There won't be any appreciable difference between them.
>>
>>33125421
Have you thought about loading your own? That's what I would do if I owned a gun
>>
>>33125465

So then buy the cheapest reliable boom. What exactly is your question here?
>>
>>33125487
Meh, I don't mind buying it. Honestly I'm not sure I could reload much cheaper than $0.20 a round. Even if I could, I'm not sure it'd be worth my time. I've reloaded shot shells before. Some people like doing it, it's a hobby for them. I wasn't a fan.
>>
>>33125421
I find GT to be loads better than the others. It doesn't make too much difference if you are just blasting away down at the gravel pit.
>>
>>33125502
Is Wolf reliable? is Tula? is Golden Tiger? are any less accurate?
>>
>>33125421
wolf is good for practice. Golden Tiger if you want to do something serious.

Fuck Tula.
>>
related question: if one can get hollow points for one cent more per round, is it worth it to get them over straight fmj?
>>
>>33125421
Golden Tiger is the best, followed by Wolf, followed by dont even buy Tula
>>33125436
is full of shit, every single youtube reviewer will tell you not to buy Tula. its really bad ammo.
>>
>>33125657
Tell me where I said it was good ammo?
>>
>>33125618
For paper? I mean sure if you intend to use them when carrying you need to at least know what it feels like to fire something with a bit more pomf.
>>
>>33125421
Tula is shit. Dirty as fuck, underpowered, and inconsistent. I've had more ammo-related malfunctions with Tula than any other 7.62x39

Wolf is an importer rather than a manufacturer, so its quality is highly variable and depends on the factory it came out of. Any reputable retailer will name the factory in a listing for Wolf ammo. The factories they use change pretty frequently but currently they're all pretty decent. Barnaul is the best factory Wolf is currently using, and the best Barnaul Wolf is the laquer-sealed FMJ.

Golden Tiger is the best commercially-available 7.62x39. Lacquer-sealed, extremely consistent, powerful loads, and a bullet shape that's as stable as the round can be and yaws like a motherfucker in soft tissue. It's functionally-identical to Yugo M67 (widely-considered the GOAT 7.62x39) though they act the same way with different bullet designs. The biggest differences being M67 is expensive as fuck these days and uses corrosive primers.

Last time I bought x39, GT was 1cpr more than laquer-sealed Barnaul Wolf. The laquer-seal is gonna store better than polymer-sealed, which is what I'm assuming the 20cpr Wolf has if anything.

Minimum I'd buy 1 case of GT to have it. Wolf is fine fuck-around ammo and depending on what Wolf you buy it can be similar (but still ultimately inferior) to GT.

Don't fucking touch the Tula. Tula's fucking garbage.

>>33125618
7.62x39 hollow points are pretty worthless honestly. Extremely minimal expansion and the way most good x39 FMJ tumbles in soft tissue actually causes more damage. HP also has inferior ballistics.

>>33125673
Not him but (You) said Tula wasn't worse than GT or Wolf. Which it absolutely is.

Go load a mag up at random with all three. I guaran-goddamn-tee your shoulder will be able to feel, and your nose will be able to smell which shots are Tula.
>>
since this seems to be a general 7.62x39 thread, are hollow points or soft points better for deer?
>>
>>33128136
SP or FMJ that will yaw reliably
HP 7.62x39 a shit
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.