[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does it feel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Mossberg-MMR.jpg (73KB, 1400x432px) Image search: [Google]
Mossberg-MMR.jpg
73KB, 1400x432px
How does it make you feel that one day your grandchildren will look at this "antique gun" the same way we look at mosins?

Also how much do you think weapon platforms with have changed 50-100 years down the line
>>
>>33124907
>tfw my grandchilluns won't know what a weapon is thanks to HRC
>>
>How does it make you feel that one day your grandchildren will look at this "antique gun" the same way we look at mosins?
No, they'll look at them the same way we look at 80s era M16s and Colt Commandos. The AR will change, but its not going anywhere for a long time yet. My descendants may have rifles that shoot ferrous slugs with superconductive barrels, but those rifles will be using AR lowers.
>>
>>33124907
I strongly suspect that AR15-looking rifles will still be in widespread production and that it will have assumed a place in the firearms pantheon like the 1911: something everyone makes, always has, and always will. No one looks at a 1911 and says "wow what an old gun" unless it actually is old.
>>
>>33124937
So the AR will stick around like the AK
>>
>>33124987
Another good example.
>>
File: IMG_9168.png (862KB, 1200x751px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9168.png
862KB, 1200x751px
How does it make you feel that one day your grandchildren will look at this "antique gun" the same way we look at Patersons?

Also how much do you think weapon platforms with have changed 50-100 years down the line

t. man from 1915
>>
I honestly think we may have peaked in guns in terms of ballistic weapons I mean what else is there to improve at this point
>>
>>33124907

If they have any appreciation for firearms, they'd probably consider it a classic. Advances in propellants and materials will result in a slimmer and lighter class of weapons, but there will always be a place for that "loud dirty motherfucker" in a collection.
>>
>>33125007
Underrated kek
>>
>>33124907
>your grandchildren
>implying I'll ever reproduce
>>
>>33124937
Actually, an original blued steel 1911 with wood grips would quite definitely look old to anyone who's grown up with black polymer and aluminium guns.
>>
>>33124907
I don't think they will look at it that way at all.

Unless we have a huge breakthrough in laser weapons or some other futuristic tech. I just don't there is much more room to improve.
>>
Firearms development now is nowhere near how it was in the late 19th-early 20th Century. Short of a drastic revolution in ammunition design, what you see now is essentially what we're going to get for the next several decades, at least. The modern-day assault rifle is the culmination of the long-sought desire for a light, reliable weapon that is modular, has limited recoil, shoots a small but devastating round, and is cheap to manufacture. The Mosin was introduced at a time when all of that wasn't even conceptualized, and the centerfire-shooting infantry rifle still had so much more optimization.
>>
The AR-15 platform was designed in 1956 and so it's been around for 61 years at this point. Is there any other weapon (besides the AK I suppose) that has been in production for that long? It's kind of a new thing in the world of firearms. Before the AR, we used to cycle through military weapons kind of frequently. The US went through krags (and whatever came before that), then to springfields, then to M1 Garands, then M14s, the to the M16 platform but I don't think we've ever stuck with one gun for as long as we've stuck with the AR (we've developed new models and improvements, but fundamentally the AR platform is the same. you can stick an M4 upper on an A1 lower and it'll work just fine).
>>
>>33124907
Do you think they'll go back to calling it a rifle, or go further into calling it a weapon system platform object item?
>>
>>33124907
The ar15 is the new flintlock. we will have to wait 300 years for the next major development in small arms.
>>
>>33125969

>the AR only has a few more years to go before it will have had a longer service life than the M14, M1, and Springfield 1903 put together

Really gets the ol' gears a-grindin'
>>
>>33125992
I think that's a gross exaggeration, but until we develop power sources that are small enough, cheap enough, and reliable enough to supply handheld energy weapons that are battlefield ready, the AR isn't going anywhere.
>>
>>33125989
It identifies as a platform, its pronouns are plat/plit, respect its pronouns.
>>
File: 1486138639092.jpg (9KB, 240x157px) Image search: [Google]
1486138639092.jpg
9KB, 240x157px
>>33124907
>How does it feel that stuff will be old one day?
No shit faggit.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.