[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun Store General - How to act normal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

File: wrong way.webm (2MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
wrong way.webm
2MB, 720x1280px
How do you buy a gun at your local gun store? I tried in 2016 but I felt like everyone was looking at me and a Chad and his gf were standing in front of the counter where the M&P Shield I wanted was. I just walked out before anyone could tell I don't know anything about guns.
>>
>>33124765
I found that if I leave my daki at home people are more likely to talk to me like a regular person.
>>
I got contact autism from looking at this thread, thanks OP
>>
>>33124765

>walk in store
>find clerk
>"excuse me, sir. I'd like to buy this <insert gun here>. What is the best price you can give me on it?"
>negotiate (optional, you can just pay the price on the tag)
>fill out 4473
>pay clerk
>take gun
>go home
>>
>>33124833
But there are sooooo many guns behind the counter...
>>
>guy at counter asks "is there anything I can help you with today? "
>respond with the reason why you came into store

Alternatively, you approach him and tell him the reason you're at the store in order to be serviced. Sometimes they're busy and you have to wait. Window shop or stand in front of the product you want while you wait to be served.

Only on 4chan do normal social cues need to be spelled out.
>>
>ITT, the reason so many on here are worried about mental health check for gun purchases
>>
>>33124765
I get you OP I tend to spill my spaghetti more often in gun stores than anywhere else
>walk into lgs
>it's really busy for early afternoon
>wait for a clerk to come over to me at the far end of the counter by the HK pistols
>more and more people walk into store
>get nervous just standing there
>girl clerk comes from out of the back
>sees me
>comes over and ask if she can help me with anything
>ask to see one of the vp9's because I don't like my my xds
>she hands it to me and asks why I don't like my xds
>say I'm just not very good with it because I don't want to ramble on about it
>she asks me if I want to go shooting and practice with her
>great now she thinks I can't even shoot good
>tell her no because I don't want to spend the money on the ammo
>she asks if I want to get dinner
>now she thinks I'm poor and malnourished
>say no and walk out the store
Sometimes it's hard just going for simple things without spilling my spaghetti OP you are not alone
>>
File: 1456642462032.jpg (245KB, 1901x2601px) Image search: [Google]
1456642462032.jpg
245KB, 1901x2601px
I kinda hate my local gunstore, I usually just buy my guns at outdoor farm stores if I dont do it online

>pesters me about buying something at every turn they get
>crate of nagants on display with cobwebs filling the box
>ask about a cheap shot gun, they say there isnt one below 500 ......
>take offense if I question about an FFL fee

I take any of my other business to my local gunsmith, love them, easy to work with, great to chat with
>>
Did you all get homeschooled or something?
>go into store
>start looking at guns on wall/in displays
>clerk asks if you need any help
Pick one:
>I'm just browsing right now, thanks
>Can I take a look at <specific gun>
When looking at a gun, the clerk may or may not talk to you about it.
>talk about gun
>talk about needs/wants for having gun
>talk price
or
>return gun
>thank clerk
>continue browsing or leave
>>
>>33124771
>le google daki
>not getting le good answers
Is it le bodypillow?
>>
File: 1406224573630.jpg (9KB, 302x225px) Image search: [Google]
1406224573630.jpg
9KB, 302x225px
>>33126085

>tfw they give you the biggest stink eye after fingering 1-3 guns and dont buy shit
>>
>>33124833
>live in the US
>haggling with business owners

Are you indian or something? Who does that? Either pay the asking price or shop somewhere else. Haggling is demeaning and wrong.
>>
>>33124942
>go to gun store
>it's just for some papers and stuff nothing bad really
>proceed to buy a gun instead
>stay for at least 1 hour talking with everyone
>do that all the time
>do that for so long they eventually let me walk everywhere around the store and the gunsmith let me walk in is workshop so he has an excuse to stop working for a bit

i think i need help
>>
>>33126115
That's why you always end the last fingerfucking session with "it's a little out of my price range at the moment."
>>
>>33126134
YOU HAGGLE TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE GIVING YOU ALL THE SHIT THAT IS SUPPOSED TO COME WITH THE GUN.

S&W gives hats, shirts, coupons for mags, pins and all kinds of shit with NEW M&P's that gunshops take out and sell separate like greedy arabs.
>>
>>33126134
Haggling is perfectly acceptable to attempt in a store that sets its own prices and when haggling will not hold up other customers.
>>
>>33126067
I dont even care if this is fake I had a sensible chuckle
>>
>>33126134
Are you a fucking communist? Or do you just not know how capitalism works?
>>
File: 1481002741661.png (152KB, 360x444px) Image search: [Google]
1481002741661.png
152KB, 360x444px
>>33126067
made me laugh
>>
>>33124765
>that webm
WHITE PRIVILEGE AT WORK
>>
>>33126180

>S&W gives hats, shirts, coupons for mags, pins and all kinds of shit with NEW M&P's that gunshops take out and sell separate like greedy arabs.

No they don't. A brand new M&P 2.0 comes with 2 mags, 4 back straps, cable lock, chamber flag and literature.
>>
>>33126093
>le
>>
>>33126492
she might be trying to lose weight
>>
>buying guns from stores
>not buying guns online for reasonable prices without having to pay tax
>>
>>33126792
Sounds like this dude got fucked. No hat, no shirt, no patches, no stickers. If a gunshop does this to me I won't complete the sale.
>>
>>33126093
Daki is short for Dakimakura, bodypillow but not necessary with waifu on in.

Also don't forget to neck yourself for all those
>le
>>
File: kek~04.png (651KB, 604x531px) Image search: [Google]
kek~04.png
651KB, 604x531px
>>33126921
>I WANT MY HAT GOD DAMMIT
>but sir we don't have any hats
>I KNOW THEY GAVE YOU A HAT WITH THIS GUN GIVE ME THE FUCKING HAT
>if you need a Smith & Wesson hat so badly we can order you one
>FUCK YOU BITCH I KNOW YOU HAVE THEM HIDING SOMEWHERE
>anon proceeds to storm into the inventory room and flip over shelves and desks in rage
>store employees restrain anon while he cries in anger over not getting his apparel
>>
>>33124765
>be polish
>want into guns, but need licence for anything other than cap&ball
>choose Pietta's Remington and store
>about 2 hours of public transit one way
>take full day leave from job, because shop closes at 4 pm
>epicjourney.jpg
>half hour of walk
>turns out that it's more of storage+call center
>stand for 20min in middle of call center waiting for guy to bring different variants form storage
>pretty stressed
>eventually choose 5 inch blued
>as I'm ready to pay "payment card machine" (or what ever it's called) breaks
>"If you want this gun today you have to go to ATM for cash near that bus stop"
>half hour of walk
>half hour of walk back
>buy gun with cash
>can't buy powder because it requires registration

fast forward few weeks
>>
>>33127179
cont.
>pain it teeth
>turns out it's root canal
>turns out that unlike most people I have five of them
>sell revolver to cover threatment
>>
>>33127002

>meanwhile the store manager is in the secret back-room laughing maniacially as he does snow-angles in a giant pile of promotional hats and t-shirts
>>
>>33126134
You don't know how to haggle.
You do not understand what constitutes the price of an item.
>>
>>33127195
:/
>>
>>33126067
What a condescending bitch
>>
>>33127259
Shut the fuck up dude you don't know fucking shit about what you're talking about
But since you caught me on a good day I will give you a taste of how fucking good I can haggle, trust me I've learned from some of the best
The easiest way to get to the best price of some dickhead without taking the long way and bickering back and fucking forth over and over again until one can settle on a decent price is just one little trick away
My personal favorite method of skipping the bullshit and getting the best deal is just to give a firm "what's your bottom dollar?" Before anyone says anything that way he knows I'm being very serious and not to fuck around with me.
>>
>>33127205

>reminds me of when i worked at gamestop in college. I never threw away promotional materials and broken stuff like I was supposed to. I took everything home and resold it.
>>
>>33127331
>"what's your bottom dollar?"

lmao what a dadcore strategy.
>>
>Order gun online and have it sent to lgs.
>It arrives, fill out FFL and of course being my first gun I have a waiting period.
>The guy handling my paperwork managed to bleed on the papers, comments that his dog bit him earlier.
>Tells me it will be three weeks and gives me the stink eye as I leave the store.
>Three days later get a call saying I cleared, go back to lgs to get my gun.
>The same dude at the counter, same paperwork ready to go, with the same blood mark.
>He looks at it like I did it.
>Asks me for ID again, I can see the box right behind him.
>He takes five minutes taping at a computer and takes my ID and looks at the mailing address on the box.
>"I guess this is your gun."
>He almost sounds mad that I was able to purchase it.
>>
>>33127331
>a firm "what's your bottom dollar?"

Whenever someone starts out with this I tell them a price higher than what I listed. If you're too lazy to haggle, so am I.
>>
>>33126067
Underrated kek
>>
>Go into LGS
>Having problem with PSA build
>Guy behind the counter takes time to look at it
>Can't find anything wrong, but offers suggestions
>Talks about stuff behind the counter
>No pressure to buy
>End up getting some AR accessories and a new lower

I've been to a few LGSs and there are good ones and bad ones. Now that I found a good one I'm going to patronize the fuck out of it.
>>
>>33128010
Oh, the problem with the rifle turned out to be a couple of shitty mags. When both wouldn't work, I got worried, but I should have tried some of my other ones
>>
>>33124765
I relate, OP, but you just gotta force some perspective on that anxiety. You want a gun. They want to sell you a gun. That means, for the purpose of your visit, they're your people.

If you know what you want, it'd probably help to do some online research first. You don't have to haggle, but it's only prudent to know what it would cost to buy online and have it shipped to an FFL vs. the convenience of getting it off the shelf.
>>
>Customers wanting free ammo when they buy guns
>Customers wanting to haggle on expensive brand new guns at a retail store.
>Customers bitching about how they can't buy a gun when their ID isn't up to date.
>Popular item on sale sold out. Customer wants a rain check or similar item for sale price.
>Customer gets angry for driving multiple hours to get to the store, and what they want is sold out.

99% of the time my customers are awesome to deal with and I enjoy talking to them. That 1% makes my day interesting.
>>
>>33126921
What companies give out hats and shirts? Honestly? I sell guns for a living, and the coolest swag I've seen is the rubber dog tag that comes with the Ruger Mk IV. Normally you just get a sticker from most companies.
>>
>>33127205
>once every 2 weeks a sales representative drops literal fucktons of promotional weihrauch crap at the lgs I work at
>boss had absolutely no idea where to cram all that shit and basically told every employee there to just take what they wanted
>mfw took half of the boxes that were there
I'm naughty like that.
>>
File: 1486869074466.jpg (98KB, 269x328px) Image search: [Google]
1486869074466.jpg
98KB, 269x328px
>>33126030
fuck off you liberal commie
>>
>>33128306
Bought an upper from BCM a year back. Got posters, stickers, patches, and a nice mesh hat I always wear when I go plinking
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>33128766
I'm talking guns. Yeah BCM and LaRue give out a ton of shit. Here is my MBT package from LaRue.

>Dillo Dust isn't all that good.
>>
>go to gun expo
>ask about the high points
>mention I'd like a 9mm
>says he only has the .45 in stock
>ask him how much
>???
>sold
>sit down, fill out clipboard of paper work
>they make a ring a ding to the background check people
>i hand over the feddy
>go over to another counter at the expo
>buy cheapest box of .45 ammo
>go directly to my school monday morning
>immediately dump my mag into a few kids
>also immediately regret not splurging for an extra clip or two since I'm dying today anyway
>get cover behind the lunch table for a bit while I fill up my 8 stack
>dump into a few other kids I find
>...fuck, gotta reload again

Never buy a highpoint, at least get a double stack 9mm or something, jesus christ.
>>
>>33126792
Shit son, at some shops you're lucky to even get all of the mag's if you don't bully them in to it. That's how I ended up spending 100 boonbucks on mags for my USP tac
>>
>>33128915
>eating armadillo

It's like you want leprosy
>>
>>33124942
do you not know how to talk to people....
>>
>>33124765
I've found the best approach is to enter the store with your own gun, and quickly draw it out and whip it around so that everyone can see that you are one of them, and that you're there to join their herd. It's also customary to then point your gun at the ceiling and fire off a few rounds while shouting "Allahu Akhbar." This demonstrates that you are comfortable with your gun and enjoy exercising both your first and second amendment rights, and everyone in the store will respect you for it.
>>
>>33126134
Haggling is perfectly normal in the firearms market
>>
>>33127195
I'm pretty sure people in Poland have cheap access to dental floss and toothbrush, why aren't you using them?
>>
>>33129428
DISCLAIMER: not made from actual Armadillo
>>
File: 1474062706641.jpg (10KB, 200x179px) Image search: [Google]
1474062706641.jpg
10KB, 200x179px
>>33126067
kek
>>
>>33126134

I only do it on used items where there is a little wiggle room. I once had the owner knock $50 off the price by asking if he could go lower.
>>
>>33129836
Not at a retail store.
>>
>>33127735
What did you get that you had to wait 3 days?
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.