[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Early /k/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

I've been thinking lately, /k/. There's not a ton of sources on history of ~2004 and ~2005 era /k/, and probably fewer posters around from that time. Is it possible we can compile significant events and store them somewhere?
>>
File: 1488047045383s.jpg (10KB, 196x248px) Image search: [Google]
1488047045383s.jpg
10KB, 196x248px
>>
Watching this shock and awe live on the TV in the high school library was pure 2003 kino
>>
>>33124440
I remember that shit a bit clearly, I was pretty young at the time. I regret not joining up in the mid-2000s and waiting until I missed all that shit. I bet there was a load of Iraq War vet /k/ posters in those early years.
>>
Don't think /k/ existed until late 2006
All the old archives are down so unless it was capped, its gone
>>
>>33124502
2004 By the wiki, it could be wrong, though. Do you know what the earliest archives of /k/ are?
>>
>>33124505
Earliest archives I could find was in 2012-2013, even then, the photos used in the posts are also long gone
>>
>>33124719
I forget the exact details, but the furry that ran the main archive site (I think it was .moe but I dont really use archives) had some issue with the /k/ userbase around 2013 and wiped their archive after offering it as a torrent for a week or two. So the pre-2012 stuff will still be out there on some neckbeards external drive, but that shit was several TB so I doubt many people saved it.
>>
>>33124483

Archaic era, extremely Early /k/ was actually nothing but nogunz weaaboos. /k/ started out as /k/ - katanas, but around 2006-2008 is when things actually started to get interesting because a lot of actual combat vets, adult gun owners and the like found 4chan as it was a growing "dark side" of the internet and not just an otaku joint.

/k/'s peak was around 2011, being at it's lowest in 2014 and recovering a bit last year. The Sandy shooting really did a number.
>>
I didnt start frequenting /k/ until 2006ish. There were a lot of moist nuggets and people taking their sks inna woods. Not much has changed.
>>
File: 1314313995408.jpg (138KB, 550x504px) Image search: [Google]
1314313995408.jpg
138KB, 550x504px
>>
>>33125306
while it mostly discussed swords and weapons from anime /k/ was not /k/atanas/ or /k/usanagi.
It was /k/engeki, same as the jap board.
>>
>>33125306
>/k/'s peak was around 2011
Those were good times, cheap SKSs, AKs averaged around $400 and had like two dozen different offerings you could choose from, the AR was really starting to hit its stride with the civilian aftermarket, cheap surplus ammo was still flowing, the community was productive, the worst normie-flood anyone could think of was the result of the exploding van report from four years prior, and it genuinely looked like the Dems actually had a lot more things on their mind than gun regulation. If only we knew what was about to happen...
>>
File: Bard.jpg (92KB, 538x406px) Image search: [Google]
Bard.jpg
92KB, 538x406px
>>
File: Philosoraptor puppy.jpg (93KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Philosoraptor puppy.jpg
93KB, 400x400px
>>
File: Feels.png (39KB, 800x950px) Image search: [Google]
Feels.png
39KB, 800x950px
>>
>>33125306
>2011

Fuckin feels man. Nuggets for $70, AKs for $300-400, ARs for $600-700. Actual good content on the board, tripfags that, while cancerous, were actually at least somewhat decent people and not just attention whoring traps. /k/ has really gone downhill.
>>
File: Flammenwerfer.jpg (31KB, 398x334px) Image search: [Google]
Flammenwerfer.jpg
31KB, 398x334px
>>
>>33124239
I've been here 10 years but I think there has been a decline in useful and interesting conversation and now I come through less frequently. What events are you trying to compile?
>>
End of 03 start of 04. Qaw an entirly different culture. Not like today. Nobosy had guns, we were all underage and using a trip usually meant you actually owned a gun and talked out it. ARs were rare, wasrs were high quality and nobody collected gear or anything else.
>>
2007 /k/ was best /k/.

We had Meplat, the AR market was finally coming into its own, Magpul was still being taken seriously, and nobody did that dumb thumbs-over-bore bullshit yet.

It were a good time.
>>
Why don't you think a little harder you stupid bitch
>>
>>33126240

because people who browse 4chan are broke af. every single hobby related board is full of people who are broke with a smattering of tripfags who are either rich or spend their money poorly.
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 226x223px
I'm getting a little nostalgic for the board about ten years ago. All the /k/ommandos from those days who went to Iraq went their own ways, probably. I'd really like to get my hands on the archive.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.