[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homebuilt Guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

i have a decent shop at my disposal, and want to build a semiautomatic gun in 9mm, akin to a Sten gun or similar. i have several "Practical Scrap Metal Arms" pdfs which for legal purposes dont show the firing pin. I'm from burgerland and have no criminal record, so building a semiautomatic gun is completely legal if i follow the firearm laws, correct? Then why is it that no plans available show how to fully build the bolt with a firing pin, and what resources can i use to learn how to make a working gun?
>>
Remember that it can't be open bolt or your dog is going to get shot.
>>
>>33121779
Or if you do make an open bolt sub gun you might as well make it full auto and never tell anyone. Not like the ATF are telepaths, they just go after dumbasses that advertise that they have unregistered automatic weapons.
>>
>>33121793
i definitely want to keep it legal. odds are i'd never get caught but nothing is worth risking my sweet ass in federal prison
>>
>>33121793
Hi ATF
>>
Just curious, do those plans include a rifled bore? That would seem to require special tooling (which maybe you could build in your shop?).
>>
>>33122552
i'd most likely buy a rifled barrel blank
>>
>>33122617

Huh, didn't realize that was an option. Neat.

On a slight tanget, I've always wondered why US law considers the receiver to be "the gun" and not the barrel + chamber, which seems much harder for just anyone to fabricate.
>>
Ian just did a video on an elegant and simple blowback design from 1896.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F1ElpucXu6A
>>
>>33122654
Because the receiver can't plausibly be anything but a receiver. If they regulated barrels, they'd be regulating pipes.
>>
>>33122941

Makes sense. I suppose the current law works well enough in practice.
>>
File: 7883567946822.jpg (436KB, 1764x1323px) Image search: [Google]
7883567946822.jpg
436KB, 1764x1323px
>>33121766

Someone is building the semi auto one in this thread.

http://weaponeer.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=25535&PN=1
>>
>>33122941
>If they regulated barrels, they'd be regulating pipes.
Because rifling is so common on water or gas pipes?
>>
>>33124593
You can make a rifling machine fairly easily.

https://youtu.be/ihPFjuxBjPo
>>
>>33124675
Point: missed
>>
>>33122654
>>33124593
>>33124834
because not every firearm is rifled?
>>
>>33122654
because that would wreck firearms culture as it exists and has existed in the u.s. since the 1800's.

the dedicated shooter can easily shoot out the bore on a centerfire rifle a couple of times during his ownership of said rifle. if he rebarrels it now, he is still understood to own the same firearm. he he can purchase the barrel just like any other replaceable part.

if, however, barrels were considered the firearm, he would have to purchase a new "gun" every time the old one wore out. this would destroy the current paradigm of gun ownership in the u.s. as well as several business which exist to serve the gun industry, i.e. gunsmiths.

in the 1930's, when these laws were originally passed, destroying established commerce by government fiat was not in fashion. we can at least be thankful that nancy pelosi wasn't the speaker of the house in the 1930's.
>>
>>33122654
Just got one off eBay last week.
>>
>>33124863
Regardless, to say you can't create a law or regulations that can distinguish a barrel from a regular pipe is fucking stupid.
>>
File: AR works like a boss2.jpg (134KB, 1266x711px) Image search: [Google]
AR works like a boss2.jpg
134KB, 1266x711px
>>33128082
There is no reason to do so.

The American government has no business deciding who may or may not own firearms as it is a significant conflict of interest.
>>
>>33124995
Come 2020 if the economy keeps up we'll be set to further cement GOP control over congress too ;)
>>
>>33128174
Sorry, 2018.
>>
>>33128160
>There is no reason to do so.
Not the point I'm trying to make. Governments could easily regulate barrels in the same way as receivers, if they so desired. They're not simply 'metal pipes,' and other countries do regulate and restrict them in a variety of ways.

That'd be like saying the government couldn't regulate road tunnels, because they're just big pipes!
>>
>>33129874
>>33128160
>>33128082

It would be interesting for the government to make drill bits that are the size of 9mm, 45cal and others illegal.

Imagine the ATF shooting dogs over drill bits.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.