[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Bill Introduced: Contact

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/38/cosponsors

>This bill amends the federal criminal code to allow a qualified individual to carry a concealed handgun into or possess a concealed handgun in another state that allows individuals to carry concealed firearms.

>A qualified individual must: (1) be eligible to possess, transport, or receive a firearm under federal law; (2) carry a valid photo identification document; and (3) carry a valid concealed carry permit issued by, or be eligible to carry a concealed firearm in, his or her state of residence.

>Additionally, the bill allows a qualified individual to carry or possess a concealed handgun in a school zone and in federally owned lands that are open to the public.

Get the word out, faglords!
>>
>“(a) Notwithstanding any provision of the law of any State or political subdivision thereof (except as provided in subsection (b)) and subject only to the requirements of this section, a person who is not prohibited by Federal law from possessing, transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm, who is carrying a valid identification document containing a photograph of the person, and who is carrying a valid license or permit which is issued pursuant to the law of a State and which permits the person to carry a concealed firearm or is entitled to carry a concealed firearm in the State in which the person resides, may possess or carry a concealed handgun (other than a machinegun or destructive device) that has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce, in any State that—

OPs text seems to indicate someone from a no funs state couldnt get an out-of-state CCW,, say like a poor Californian like myself getting an AZ CCW, and carrying in my home state. But the actual text of the bill clearly states that the only thing that is necessary is a CCW issued by "a" state, what gives?

Where did OPs text come from?
>>
>>33120318

Sounds like a way for the federal government to require everyone to take a training course to get their "permit"

So, no thanks. I choose to not travel to States that don't respect my rights. Why the fuck would I want to go to California?
>>
File: Can't_read.jpg (37KB, 795x597px) Image search: [Google]
Can't_read.jpg
37KB, 795x597px
wtf this thread isnt about anime
>>
>>33120820

There is no federal permit and this bill doesnt create a new federal permit, what are you smoking?
>>
>>33120809
The CCW permit has to be from "a" state but also has to allow them to carry a gun in the state in which you reside. So if Cali honored AZ permits you'd be fine, but if Cali doesn't honor your permit from another state it won't work.
>>
>>33120809
you can get a NV CCW
CA still won't acknowledge it but fuck it, you have a CCW
>>
>>33120912
>>33120921

Thats completely wrong, if that was true then this wouldn't be a reciprocity bill and nothing would change than the system we currently have where states like CA, NY, and NJ reject most if not all CCWs
>>
>>33120877
Yea, and at one time there wasn't a federal drinking age until they tied it to highway funding. ;)

State's Rights needs to apply to everything, even shit like this.
>>
>(3) carry a valid concealed carry permit issued by, or be eligible to carry a concealed firearm in, his or her state of residence

>or be eligible to carry a concealed firearm in
i think this is referring to constitutional carry states who don't require permitting.
>>
>>33120318
It's a great bill.

It's just unconstitutional.
>>
File: 1487582821650.png (428KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1487582821650.png
428KB, 640x480px
What we really need is nationwide constitutional carry
>>
>>33121014
unfuck the drinking age, then we'll talk.
>>
>>33121029
in time, anon.
>>
>>33121019
>>33121014

Wrong again, this bill is tied to the authority of Congress to control interstate commerce, which includes interstate travel and transportation, see Gibbons v Ogden (1824)

Much like that case where a state licensing for ferrys collided with the federal license because a monopoly was attempting to control all ferry travel through a particular state, national reciprocity is the federal government asserting control over blue states ability to restrict travel of gun owners while they travel or visit other states
>>
>>33121075
It's quite the stretch to go from licensing of businesses to concealed carry. And the Commerce Clause has already been stretched far beyond it's original intent, contributing to the behemoth of a Federal Government we're now stuck with. We shouldn't abandon our small government principles just because it benefits us in this case.
>>
>>33120318
>it's ok for to trample on states rights when we do it!
Fuuuck off
>>
>>33121110

No its not, blue states intentionally restrict CCW licensing to prevent gun owners from travelling throughout the state

Much like how the federal government has taken control of reciprocity for drivers licenses to prevent states from controlling interstate travel and business, so too will Congress be able to control reciprocity of CCWs to prevent faggotry patchwork systems that we currently use
>>
Speaking from a place of mostly ignorance, considering 2A is a constitutional right, I don't understand how states' rights have come as far as they have to convolute things as they are today regarding firearms restrictions, ccw, et al.

It'd be like CA requiring a license to visit certain websites.
>>
>>33121240

Because there are too many leftist judges who believe in "keep and bear arms in a militia", so they let CA get away with it because of their ideology over what the Constitution actually says, to them any restriction on gun ownership by the people is ok and "reasonable"
>>
>>33120966
No, it's not "competently wrong", it's right there in the text of the bill, you fucking retard.
>this wouldn't be a recoprocity bill
Except it fucking is, retard, because it still allows a person who lives in XX state with an XX license to carry anywhere in the country, it just doesn't allow a person from XX state with a YY state license to carry anywhere in the country, you fucking imbecile.
>>
File: 1486442268796.jpg (101KB, 1024x831px) Image search: [Google]
1486442268796.jpg
101KB, 1024x831px
>>33121559

I see I triggered you, stop being a thin skinned faggot, read the text

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/38/text

The bill clearly states you need a clean record(no felonies or misdemeanors that would restrict you from carrying), a valid photo ID, and a valid CCW issued by A STATE, nowhere in the text of the bill does it state that you are restricted from using an out of state license, it even mentions that if you are entitled to carry in your state(constitutional carry) you can carry without a CCW

The only restriction is that the state must have a CCW policy, and the only state I'm unsure of is Hawaii, so Californians would be able to carry with an Arizona license
>>
>>33120820
>>33121014
>>33120966

Kys with this cancer

>>33121029
This

and this >>33121749
>>
>>33121019

This desu sempai.

>muh states' rights
>but actually though
>>
>>33122068

>muh states rights are more important than the bill of rights

No anon, you are the cancer
>>
>>33121749
>>>33121559 (You)
>I see I triggered you
You're clearly the triggered one
>read the text
I did, you didn't or are too retarded to understand it
>nowhere in the text of the bill does it state that you are restricted from using an out of state license
"which is issued pursuant to the law of a State (((and which permits the person to carry a concealed firearm or is entitled to carry a concealed firearm in the State in which the person resides)))"
So the license itself has to allow you to carry in the state you reside in in the first place to be valid nationwide. Therfore if you live in CA and the license you got doesn't alway work in CA it doesn't work under this law.
>>33122068
>and this >>33121749
I don't know which is worse, the idea that you're really samefagging this hard, or that you're actually a different person shilling this hard for an anonymous poster on a Polynesian Island Dragging Forum who tells others to read the text of a law but can't do it themselves
>>
>>33125786
Disregard this, I suck cocks.
There should be a comma between "to carry a concealed firearm" and "or is entitled to carry". (When I say should be a comma I don't mean I copied it wrong, that is the original text and there should be a comma there).
Or better yet have the license part and the entitled to carry part he separate a,b subsections.
>>
>>33125839

I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, the word "or" is incredibly important to the reciprocity of this bill, if "or" in that particular section was changed to "and" then there would be trouble
>>
>Additionally, the bill allows a qualified individual to carry or possess a concealed handgun in a school zone and in federally owned lands that are open to the public.

people are going to throw a huge shitfit about this part and it probably won't pass.
>>
>>33121014
>Constitution
>State Rights
>>
>>33121148
>states' rights to infringe on constitutionally guaranteed individual rights
Fuck off.
>>
>>33126111
Dubs of truth.
>>
>>33124372
>the bill of rights is more important than the bill of rights
Nigga wat
>>
>>33126111
The solution to an unconstitutional law is not more unconstitutional laws.

Now, if you wanted to withhold federal funding to states that didn't offer reciprocity with the rest of the nation, that would be fine, because the Federal Government IS allowed to tax and spend. But mandating state policy on carry isn't within the constitutional scope of federal powers.
>>
File: 1484868020074.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1484868020074.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>33126111
Trips of... what the fuck are you even saying?
>>
>>33121110
>we need to allow states to take away constitutionally guaranteed freedoms because muh states rights

Go fuck yourself, neocon
>>
>>33127323
>neocon
HAHAHAHAHA

Do you like, not understand how separation of powers works? States doing unconstitutional things is the domain of the Courts, not Congress or the Executive. I don't want states to restrict carry of firearms. But I also don't want to give branches powers they shouldn't have just because it's politically expedient to do so. You know, the exact shitty behavior that defines Neocons?
>>
so i will still have to apply to the bullshit laws of my home state to get this?
>>
>>33126210
How is this law unconstitutional? The federal government has the right and responsibility to protect and encore the constitution as the law of the land, yes?
States like CA and NY have been trampling on the constitution for decades, and finally, the fed is going to do something to defend the rights of the people.
>>
>>33126111
this, the 10th amendment only applies to powers not granted in the constitution.
>>
>>33127389

Not according to the text of the bill, the CCW need only be issued by a state and the state must have a CCW policy, and all states have a CCW policy

This is according to my reading and what the bills author Congressman Hudson has stated publicly, so it looks like you can apply for an easy one like Arizona, Utah, or Florida
>>
>>33129165

And the 14th amendment applies the bill of rights limitations to the states and their policing agencies
>>
So who would I write to urge support of this?
>>
File: 1463700083657.png (113KB, 208x232px) Image search: [Google]
1463700083657.png
113KB, 208x232px
so how long should it be expected for this to reach Trumps desk?

The part about making it legal to carry in schools and public federal property will probably make the democrats kick and scream until its removed
>>
>>33132404

Both of your senators and your congressman
>>
>>33132481

Where in the text does it say you can carry in schools? i just reread the text of the bill and it seems to allow you to carry on public land and parks, but I didnt see anything about allowing it in school zones
>>
>>33134733
Whoever mentioned that earlier was probably referencing an old version of this bill, which usually included a thing about schools. I'm pretty sure that, now that there is a more than an ice cube's chance in hell this can pass, the guns at school part was removed to make this easier for liberals to swallow. Don't worry, they'll be swallowing our whole load by the end of the 2024, when barron takes over.
>>
I bet the people complaining on /k/ are either shitposters or people who didn't complain when it happened to gays
>>
>>33135971
>2024
>Barron takes over
You have high hopes for the minimum age to be lowered to seven-fucking-teen, don't you? Everyone knows it'll be Donald Jr., then Ivanka as first female president, then Barron. Eric won't be president but that's okay because he'll remain the leader of the Trump empire's corporate side.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.