[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many kills do you think the average soldier in WW2 got?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

How many kills do you think the average soldier in WW2 got?
>>
>>33118134
<1
>>
Just do the Maths :

Number of Combatants involved
>all casualties were inflicted by infantry grunt
no
>>
>>33118166
Nobody fucking implied that? Stop being a turboautist
>>
>>33118166
It's right tho, average soldier including all members of all branches of all countries involved, a bit unfair if you involve things like deaths from famine and sickness though
>>
>>33118186
>>33118175
The "average soldier" is an infantry grunt.

>>33118134
>How many kills do you think the average soldier in WW2 got?
>>
>>33118166
Regardless of who it was done by, infantry or artillery, the larger amount of kills that the artillery got would still average out among all soldiers.
>>

Your chances of survival were good. Very good, even during the worst actions. HE got the most. I read somewhere that small arms fire was something like 5 percent of combat deaths.
>>
>>33118134
Only a fraction of the soldiers actually fired their weapons in ww2 (something around 40% at best). There's a much bigger number of kills per person in the Iraq Invasion, but that's also why so many soldiers suicided afterwards.

Source: That one black mirror episode from season 3 with the neural implanted soldiers.
>>
>>33118134
Depends on if they camped spawns or not

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_Severloh
>>
>>33118206
No, he's not. A soldier refers to anyone in the army or more generally anyone in the military. If you're the OP you're a fucking faggot who sucks cocks. If not you're just another sperglord.
>>
>>33118253
That guy is full of shit. It says right on the article that total US casualties were like 3000 at Omaha. There's no fucking way that dickhead was responsible for 2000 of them alone. He's just another tryhard like that Werner faggot who made up a bunch of stories about his U-boat exploits to sell a more exciting memoirs rather than the truth (which would most likely have to focus on how absolutely boring 99% of naval combat is)
>>
>>33118291
nice blog faget
>>
>>33118134

I've never served, and it makes me feel beta as fuk. My wife gets mad whenever I bring it up, because I told her I was going to be 100% honest with her son that not serving was my biggest regret. I actually got talked OUT of serving. Not sure if that's a common tactic to see how bad you wanted it or not, but it happened to me. I submitted on my own, and went in to see my designated recruiter. He had my grades and my acceptance letter from Michigan State sitting on his desk. He put his hands on the documents and said "what the hell are you doing?" That set the tone for the rest of the meeting. I decided not to serve, and have regretted it ever since.
>>
>>33118308
You should make vlogs XDDDD
>>
File: 1487556429453.jpg (31KB, 622x626px) Image search: [Google]
1487556429453.jpg
31KB, 622x626px
>>33118308
>my wife's son

Be more subtle next time
>>
>>33118134
Somewhere between 0 and 1, many didn't fire their guns in anger at all.
>>
>>33118386
this.

look at the number of men involved, then look at casualty numbers. Then take into account artillery and air power.

The mean number is less than one for every participant, but the number goes well above one when you control for artillery crewmen and aircraft crewmen.
>>
>>33118134
Questions asked by children and idiots, the thread.
>>
>>33118134

Can't tell if this is dumb or a troll
>>
>>33118134

At least 10 if camping.

0 if you play the objective.

Also at least 15 average if you play on steam sales or free weekends.
>>
>>33118134
Obviously the majority of WW2 casualties were by artillery, tank, mechanized vehicle, or plane.

But I think that the amount of kills a soldier got depended on the theater. Europe was pretty much full blown mechanized warfare for the powers involved so the average soldier there probably wouldn't have gotten much if any kills. But for the Pacific, I think they might have a higher average where mechanized warfare wasn't as prominent. For example, it seemed like the Marines had more chances to kill soldiers personally since they had to scour through an island to hunt down the Japanese that won't surrender that are bunkered up in tunnels that naval artillery/air support can't hit.
>>
>>33118134

the kills where spread between a surprisingly small, random group of men. I mean, think about it. One well placed bomb or artillery shell could take out a whole squad(or 100 civies), but every other shell/ bomb drop that men dropped might not hit anything but goats for the rest of the war.

Most infantry men didnt hit anyone if thats what you mean. the vast majority of kills where arty or airstrikes
>>
>>33119819
>tfw you get voluntold to go mop up after the weekly banzai attack with Billy
>tfw you fucking hate Billy, he always takes his time going through the japs shit
>tfw you barely make it back in time for chow and some sleep before watch
>tfw your trying to get some sleep but Smitty keeps bashing in jap skulls to get the gold teeth
>>
>>33118134
If 5 people shoot at a kraut in a hole, and later they found him dead in that hole shot to death, did each person that shot at him count as having killed him?
>>
>>33120315
I would rather go to war than work a straight job nine to five.
>>
>>33121952
If Fritz gets shot at in the woods and no other krauts are around does he still say "scheisse"?
>>
Only a small fraction of soldiers in WW2 personally killed enemy soldiers. I read somewhere that between 80 and 90% percent of all casualties in WW2 were killed by artillery shell fragments.
>>
>>33118308

Same. My mom was inna Navy. We toured the Great Lakes Naval Base and I watched a graduation. Been obsessed with the military and guns my entire life.

I have a good career and a nice cushy civvy job, right now.

But fuck. I wish I had joined.
>>
File: fortunateson.jpg (101KB, 540x314px) Image search: [Google]
fortunateson.jpg
101KB, 540x314px
>>33122276
>tfw got out 6 months ago
>tfw fucked up school application so ahve to wait till March to apply for classes
>VA says it'll be 6 months before they see me
>renting a room and working minimum wage and burning through my savings
>tfw sitting around waiting secretly waiting for an excuse to reenlist

My only issue is that I was homeless before I enlisted and will have no where to store my guns, the battalion armory is not an option and I want to go through the college experience
>>
>>33123290
You got family you can store them at while you're in?
>>
>>33118215
>>
>>33123290
I feel you senpai. I'd say see if you could try and leave them with a friend but I know I couldn't trust most of mine with my funs for months at a time so I could see why you wouldn't want to. If they're nothing too rare your only option probably is to sell them and make sure they find a good home.
>>
>>33118134
Less than 10% of soliders fires with intent to kill on the western front
>>
Average soldier in ww2 didn't even fire in the direction of the enemy.
>>
>>33124897
>>33124906
Stop spreading this bullshit myth. SLA Marshall's "research" has long been debunked as fabrication.
>>
>>33118282

Welcome to German military memoirs, SS kill claims and pretty much everything about the Nazi war machine.

The only place where the Germans could not lie their ass off was in the ETO Air War, were they got eaten alive by the Western Allies and everyone had data. On the Eastern Front the bullshit machine between Soviets and Germans was huge, but for all the Cold War we believed Nazi propaganda (muh 300-1 tank kill ratios) while the Eastern Block believed Soviet propaganda (muh 300-1 last stands).

Thank God that's over.
>>
>>33122394

90% of the losses suffered by infantry, 60% of the losses given by artillery.

At least for the post-1944 Western front.
>>
>>33118282
Obama is shit
>>
>>33123528
I love reading too far into graphs and charts

>"Take the house"
>walks inside and trips
>decades later
>Sir I'm honored to talk to a real veteran. What was it like?
>"n-nonbattle injury"
>>
>>33123528
For a split second it looked like one of those nutritional fact side-panels and I kek'd really hard.
>>
My grandfather have comfirmed kills of 9 bf109 and 12 ju87 so im pretty sure he killed more than 1 german
>>
>>33118243
This was debunked. Stop spreading #fakenews
>>
My great grandpa didn't really keep track, but probably half a dozen to a dozen kills to his name, all in one whirlwind tour in '45 at age 18 going on 19. He was the guy with the BAR. Most of it was him and his buddies shooting some distance at them and their buddies, so who the fuck knows who killed who? But there was one incident in particular I heard about second hand from my dad. Great Grandpa didn't like telling me the gory stuff at my age. When I asked how he got his Luger, he said he got it from someone "that didn't need it anymore." Dad said he kicked the door in on four Wehrmacht soldiers and killed them all point blank. Thinking about it much later and what it would take to actually do that, I don't know if all (or any) of those poor German bastards actually had their weapon in hand when he kicked in the door. And what are the chances they all just died outright? He probably went over some of them again... War is hell.

>>33126870
That makes him an ace. Let's see his Wikipedia article. Or was he an AA gunner?
>>
File: 1418355237379.jpg (62KB, 347x340px) Image search: [Google]
1418355237379.jpg
62KB, 347x340px
>>33123528

>Disease was still the overwhelming majority of 'casualties' (in the sense of noneffective, not kill) in WW2, Korea, Vietnam.

I'm surprised. I figured that was largely solved outside of colonial bushwars since the start of the 20th century and all the medicine that was available.
>>
File: Muh Gats and Wrench.jpg (244KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Muh Gats and Wrench.jpg
244KB, 1280x960px
>>33123342
>>33124543

My family is in commiefornia and I'd have to cuck my AR, that has no serial numbers because its made out of a 80%, and I don't want my guns around my shithead little brother.

I have the AR and a nugget, the nugget I'd sell but I put a lot of time into putting the AR together and its my first gun so it has a lot of sentimental value for me
>>
>>33128143
A storage unit is an option if you could afford it.
>>
>>33127075
If he kicked in the door then just hipfired and lit up a squad of krauts with the BAR it mustn't have been a pretty sight. Sounds like something that would happen in Band of Brothers or some cheesy movie from the 70s. Not to disrespect your great grandfather if that actually happened.
>>
>>33121952
No, four of them will get assists.
>>
>>33128543
I feel like 'kicked in the door' is just a little exaggeration for flavor. I would completely believe if Gramps stumbled into some distracted Krauts and was just a hair faster than the poor bastards.
>>
>>33128543
If it actually happened, I'm sure my great grandpa, fresh faced replacement that he was, did more terrified pants shitting and screaming than the average, squinty eyed, 70s action hero. Your line of thinking is what led me to believe that he caught the enemy with their pants down. Had it been four prepared German soldiers, helmets on, rifles at the ready, taking cover in a structure, there's no fucking way he would've got out alive. I'm prepared to believe he would be cold blooded enough to murder a room full of unarmed Huns. After the war, he got transferred to occupied Japan where he almost threw a hatchet through the forehead of a Japanese POW. The Jap's sin: not wanting to clean the barracks.
>>
>>33128609
Wonder who he fished the Luger off of? Maybe an officer?
>>
>>33128646
You gotta do what you gotta do. They would've done the same.
>>
>>33123528
Is this why artillerymen get all the pussy?
>>
>>33128738
Nah, it's because they don't have crippling PTSD from frontline combat.
>>
>>33118206
The "average soldier" is a clerical worker.

For every ten beach stormers you'll have 100 pencil pushers.
>>
>>33118186
The jews did it, why can't anon?
>>
>>33128780
Not him but I think given the context the "Average Soldier" is obviously the grunt.
>>
>>33124897
nice meme
>>
>>33123290
the college experience will not give you what you want it to. Finish it quickly and enjoy your major as best you can, just know that the best of your life waits outside of the university's walls.
>>
>>33123290

Keep your mind focused on the next step and what to do to take it man. I got out and loved life only for it to go to total dog shit exactly one year later. I was a cunt hair away from getting a divorce, totaled my car and lost my job without finding a new one for months. I gave reenlisting a real long thought but it's not like when you were 18/19 and could put life on hold. Shit is on the upswing now and much better. Just don't buy into the meme that life is better on the outside. It's more bullshit but no one forces you to wake up early for PT.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.