[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Open Carry to Armslist Deal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 9

File: gril ccw.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
gril ccw.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
So I am selling something on Armslist for the first time tomorrow. We're going to meet in a fast food parking lot and i'm going to have him sign a bill of sale.

The thing is that I am selling my carry piece with the holster because I got a new carry gun, my new holster for it is in the mail though.

How autistic would it be to OC my glock 19 so I don't get robbed? Is this asking for trouble of some sort?
>>
>would it be autistic to...
If you have to ask this question, the answer is always yes.
>>
>>33117639
Why not cc like a grown up?
>>
>>33117639
Most local police departments have online sales safe spaces in their parking lots. Go there. Post pictures.
>>
>>33117770
Don't take your dog.
>>
>>33117639
Probably a decent idea. No doubt that someone from Armslist would be equally armed or skidish.

>be me
>be doing craigslist deal
>motherfucking free table
>he could pull some shit so I'm paranoid as fuck, gotta keep staring him down so I don;t get raped

>be me
>be selling shit on craigslist
>tacky as fuck fiberboard teal table, glad to get rid of it
>damn this shit is shady
>better keep an eye on this fucker

>two grown men, in a staring contest in the Burger King parking lot, both muttering about getting raped
>>
>>33117639

Do you autists really have this much trouble with meeting people? I don't use armslist often for buying/selling but the times I have have gone well.

>setup meeting in a fairly busy part of town in a parking lot somewhere
>CC because why not
>everyone is always friendly
>hand off the cash and inspect firearm
>shake hands and leave
>>
File: tintin.png (302KB, 497x434px) Image search: [Google]
tintin.png
302KB, 497x434px
>>33117825
>Do you autists really have this much trouble with meeting people?
>>
File: scruffythejanitor.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
scruffythejanitor.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>33117639
Pocket carry or mexicarry or OWB with a coat to cover your gun. That's just common courtesy and social gun norm.

The most autistic part of your plan, though, is making someone sign a bill of sale for something that doesn't need to be tracked. It's a private sale you fucking bootlicker. Would you make someone sign a bill of sale for a hammer or an axe? Then don't enforce your own unnecessary pseudo gun control on people.
>>
>>33117751
>>33117751
Because I don't have a holster for my CC weapon. I don't have a cc holster for my glock either
>>
>>33118042
Do you have clothes? Because most of those have pockets that can be filled with your firearm. Guns function without holsters, you know.
>>
File: index.png (7KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
7KB, 190x265px
>>33117825
Also I am making him sign this. Is this a good idea? I am going to sign one and give him a copy too
>>
>>33117639
Carry if you want if he's not a retard should be no problem.

Don't sell guns to blacks or government workers tho.
>>
>>33118063
what is that? a BOS for ants? as long as he's okay with doing that it seems fine to me. you did make sure to mention the BOS when arranging the meet, right? that can be a dealbreaker for a lot of people
>>
>>33118037
Keep it for personal records in case he or anyone else down the line commits a crime with it
>>
>>33118078
Right, autism, like I said. That's why gun control works, people like you are scared of big brother. You might as well take him to a gun store for an ffl transfer and a background check. Maybe tell him you need some notarized letters of recomendation?

You are selling a chunk of metal for cash. You have no responsibility to "keep records" on the people you deal with, that's autistic.
>>
>>33117825
>Do you autists really have this much trouble with meeting people?
Well, yeah.
>>
>>33118130
If you were the original purchase of record from a FFL and filled out a 4473 then a BOS could help you if the new buyer uses and looses the gun in a commission of a crime. You have a record of private sale and date. Otherwise your dog might die.
>>
File: texas-firearm-bill-of-sale.png (78KB, 728x918px) Image search: [Google]
texas-firearm-bill-of-sale.png
78KB, 728x918px
>>33118075

>saved the thumbnail

Here it is. And I will mention it, I don't know why he wouldn't want a copy for himself either, if i was buying i sure would.
>>
>>33118063
>Is this a good idea?
I would tell you to fuck off.
>>
>>33118174
Many people will flat out walk away if you pull that out. I sure would.
>>
>>33118177

If the BoS was mentioned in the listing there is nothing wrong with it. If OP springs it on the guy when he gets there, he can eat shit. I usually avoid anyone asking me to sign a BoS/show CC license, etc etc. They tend to be a pain in the ass to deal with anyway
>>
>>33117639
As long as you don't act like a fucking sperg you are fine. My only Armslist sale went like this.

>Mini 14 is collecting dust so I throw it on Armslist
> 40 minutes later guy asks the normal shit
> How many rounds, previous owners, why are you selling, etc. . .
>Says he wants it and and doesn't try and haggle me, just meet him 1/2 way.
>1/2 way is a 30-45 min drive.
>Tell him that if he drives to me I'll knock off a few bucks to cover gas and throw in a box of .223 I had.
>Hour later I meet him in gander mountain parking lot and the entire thing is over in less then 10 min.
>>
>>33118174
so you haven't agree on a time yet? mention the BOS as soon as possible because you might be wasting both your time and his if he isn't cool with it
>>
>>33118169
Nope, that's just paranoia. Saying "I sold the gun, officer" coupled with the fact that you clearly had nothing to do with Jamal in Cincinnati getting shot over $30 worth of crack is more than enough.

What you are doing is literally gun control that isn't legally required. You are fudd.
>>
>>33118216
>If OP springs it on the guy when he gets there, he can eat shit.
From OP's comments, it seems like this is the case.
>>
>>33118216
I told him there will be BoS in the listing.

Should I just have him sign a paper that has the date, our signitures, the name of the item and the price. Instead of doing the addresss and DL# and shit like that?
>>
>>33117639
>>33118063
>>33118265
You are a coward. A bill of sale for a firearm is a ridiculous notion, get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>33118265
How about you just move to California and everyone will be happy?
>>
>>33118240
>could
I wouldn't make an issue out of it but if the buyer was willing to do a BOS, why not? I would never walk away from a sale if he refused.
>>
>>33117639
Just pull your shirt over it. Fucking Glock owners I swear, you cannot be this dumb...
>>
>>33118245
This. He'll also get told off, and walk away feeling like he was in the right and avoided dealing with a criminal. What a fucking tool.
>>
>>33118294
>>33118292
>>33118286
So what happens if I don't make them sign anything and don't look at their DL and they end up being somebody who shouldn't have a gun?
>>
>>33118309
nothing happens

you wouldn't even be able to tell if he was not supposed to have a gun from his DL
>>
>>33118286
>could
wut

I'm saying that the idea of complacent shitbags defaulting to a bill of sale for private property out of fear is one of the fuddy reasons that gun control is alive and well in this country.

>I would never walk away from a sale if he refused.
Then why ask for one in the first place? Try taking a step to be a free human being, instead of a sheep.
>>
>>33118309
see>>33118332
>>
>>33118309
Just don't sell it to a shitskin.

Honestly this whole selling guns in parking lots stuff is sketchy as hell, maybe private sales should go through an FFL. Why are we supporting a system that lets guns get in the hands of prohibited possessors? It's only adding fuel to the left's anti-gun fire.
>>
>>33118309
Nothing happens, other than we stop calling you a communist bootlicker.
>>
>>33118371
>maybe private sales should go through an FFL
Maybe you don't belong here.
>>
>>33118063
Seems fine by me. CYA legal wise is always a good idea.
>>
>>33118403
>bootlicking is always a good idea
ftfy
>>
if possible whenever I do stuff on armslist or craigslist I

>do it in broad daylight, public place, in view of security cameras if i can
>try to have someone with me who is armed and paying attention
>>
>>33118371
Thanks for correcting the record, shareblue.
>>
>>33118278
You are autistic. A recipt of sale for something of value isn't a bad idea.
>inb4 its just a tool
Id do the same with a vehicle, an expensive piece of machinery like a lathe, or something similar
>but muh FuddControl
He's not the govt, you Oathkeeper mongoloid. Recipts are NOT registration, nor should they EVER be used as such.
>>
>>33118478
>Id do the same with a vehicle, an expensive piece of machinery like a lathe, or something similar
>You are autistic.
I have bad news, anon.
>>
>>33118407
Okay cool
>>
>>33118478
>A receipt to protect something of value
>ATF Firearm Bill of Sale
Wow rely maeks me think.
>>
>>33118174
>double negative
>>
>>33118478
No, fuck off. Trying to create a paper trail for a firearm is the dumbest thing you could possibly do. If you can't that then turn your guns in.
>Recipts are NOT registration
Nigger, requiring serial numbers alone is a registry in being, disabled only by FOPA.
>>
>>33118499
Perhaps, but I maintain there isnt anything wrong with it for PURELY bookkeeping reasons.
Its probably a non-issue, since I'd never sell to some sketchy fuck in the first place/I cant imagine Dayquan robbing a store with an SMLE/ the adults are in charge of Washington now.

Tldr, maybe yes, maybe no, maybe go fuck yourself.
>>
>>33118535
>worried about the ATF
>Post-Obama
Neck yourself, Antifa piece of communist garbage.
>>
>>33118606
>Neck yourself, Antifa piece of communist garbage.
Your computer monitor must really be high-gloss.
>>
File: jeans.jpg (35KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
jeans.jpg
35KB, 400x400px
>>33117639
Why in the ever living fuck would you sell that gun?
Buying a new carry iron means you now have a backup fun.
Fucking Disgraceful.
>>
>>33117639
I recently sold a stevens 350 on backpage and the buyer open carried. He had. Saggy pants that some how held a belt with a gun holster securely attached while hanging off his knees. He looked at my gun paid $190 for it and left. I always try to meet in the parking lot of a big sporting goods store since it's an ffl and has cameras. But if I'm going somewhere in don't know if bring a friend.
>>
>>33118214
what? every time ive sold a gun ive used that exact bill of sale and ive never had anyone be weird about it.

bill of sale and cwp required or i aint selling shit.

>bootlicker!

fuck off, faggots. im covering my own ass if you or some other asshat down the line does something stupid with it.
>>
File: fudd.jpg (183KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fudd.jpg
183KB, 1920x1080px
>>33118717
>fuck off, faggots. im covering my own ass if you or some other asshat down the line does something stupid with it.
No you aren't covering anything. The thing protecting you if someone commits a crime with their own gun, is that it is not your gun and you did not commit a crime. See how that works?

Beside that, when you are doing something unnecessary that the left suggests but isn't required at all under the premise of "it makes me safer" you have drank the koolaid. Pic related (it's you)
>>
I'm going to use this autistic thread as a chance to ask an equally autistic answer.

I'm 19 and currently working military police. I've been looking into buying a handgun for myself but nearly every private seller denies me, even if I tell them my background and training.

Is this normal or am I just in an incredibly faggy area
>>
>>33118717
>-t bootlicker
>>
>>33118823
>am I just in an incredibly faggy area
This is the correct answer. Which state are you living in?
>>
>>33118823
What state
>>
>>33118823
Yes and yes. I've seen a lot of people on here between 18 and 21 rant about people not wanting to sell them handguns in private party sales. What state?
>>
>>33118309
There's no reason to make him sign anything but looking over his dl isn't a bad idea. Just make sure he's 18 or over and a resident of your state if he's buying a pistol.
>>
>>33118392
>>33118463
I'm fucking serious. Maybe an Arby's parking lot isn't the best place to sell a gun. Maybe a random person you met on backpage that you're unable to background check isn't the best person to sell a gun to. Is this seriously unreasonable to you guys?
>>
>>33117825
Right? I've never had an issue and typically haven't carried when selling a gun. I only meet with people that I speak with on the phone. Everyone has been genuine hobbyist without the slightest hint of shadyness. Never deal with someone who will refuse to call you and only go over text/email. Just gotta make sure they are white before proceeding. Only meet in the daytime at a sporting goods store parking lot. Nothing wrong with showing off a gun in the parking lot.
>>
>>33118847
>>33118858
Washington
>>
>>33118895
Yes.
>>>/california/
>>
>>33118063
Some people like to do that. I Just take a quick look at their lisence and take down their name and address mentally. When the deal is done I also take down license plate for good measure. They dont know any of this is going on but its my own way to "CYA" without pulling out some official looking form. If someone ever suggested I do a bill of sale I will offer them to see my ccw permit or do the transfer at a gun dealer if they wanna pay the fee. Nothing to hide.
>>
File: Helen-Lovejoy.jpg (7KB, 194x250px) Image search: [Google]
Helen-Lovejoy.jpg
7KB, 194x250px
>>33118895
Do you not see what a liberal you are? Are you really sure that the average American is responsible enough to own a machine that can cause so much death and destruction? Isn't it obviously unreasonable that you can just walk into a store and fill out a 4477, get an fbi background check and walk out with a 30 caliber clipazine-15? I mean it's current year, can't we have some common sense?

Fuck off, buddy. Because you don't like the way other people do things, doesn't mean it's wrong for them to do it.
>>
>>33118895
Who gives a toss?
Worst case scenario you're right there for Beef'Cheddars and some curly fries.
Don't forget the Horsey sauce.
>>
>>33118221
I like meeting at gander. Their parking lots are always empty and the employees can watch the company lose money from their windows.
>>
>>33118915
That's tricky. Aren't universal background checks a thing there?
>>
>>33118915
That would explain it then.
>>
>>33118915
You can't buy a pistol under the age of 21 period. Even private sales.
>>
>>33117639
honestly, the few times I sold guns on armslist, what I would do is tell them I'm going to ask to see their ID and look up their name on the Court website of the district where their address is. If they have a felony, I back out of the sale. Its pretty easy, as long as I don't see a felony in the county we're in, I'll sell it.
>>
>>33119122
>I don't understand the law but I'm gonna post anyways: The Post
>>
>>33118265
I would 100% tell you fuck off if you ask for my DL # OR my address.
>>
>>33119151
You're a piece of shit.
>>
>>33119224
I'm a piece of shit because I used to be a firearm dealer and old habits die hard?
>>
>>33119224
>>33119234
my gun, my rules, until I decide it becomes their gun, if they don't like the way I do things, they can buy from someone else
>>
>>33119234
If those habits are shitty and unnessecary invasions of peoples' privacy (whether they consent or not, I'm speaking objectively) then yes.

>>33119250
What happens between consenting adults is their own business. But since we're talking about it, my opinion of what those adults are doing is that it is fuddery and ruining America.
>>
>>33119273
>>33119273
the main reason I do it is to make sure I don't get shot in the back getting into my vehicle. I live near Columbia, SC where A LOT of criminals reside and attempt to purchase guns illegally
>>
>>33118265

How long have you had your FFL, anon?

>you know, since you like to play pretend dealer on Armslist with your Bill of Faggotry.
>>
>>33118309

in most states, nothing. You aren't a dealer so you aren't obligated to do shit. Just as long as you don't KNOW FOR CERTAIN that the person shouldn't have the gun and that the person is a resident of your state.

Only way the ATF gets people on illegal gun sales? Has some fucking CI explicitly mention he's a felon.
>>
File: 2284801.jpg (30KB, 492x341px) Image search: [Google]
2284801.jpg
30KB, 492x341px
>>33118063
Let me tell you a story.

I straw purchased an AR15 for a buddy, he ended up killing himself.

The detective was being a huge cunt (trying to steal his guns from his family since he had no will)

So I pulled a receipt from the original online purchase and submitted that with some photos (no serial # mind you) and the detective returned the AR15 to me.

So if the governments own paperwork on selling guns is non existent, why go through the bother of making your own?
>>
>>33117639
you are in a public place are you retarded, just conduct business like a normal person without looking like an autist
>>
>>33117639
>armslist
$10 says he shows up with half the money agreed upon and tries to jew you down to your bottom dollar

>thinking protecting yourself is autistic
stay home and keep posting on reddit

>>33117751
why not learn to read like a grown up?
>>
>>33118063
if you tried to make me sign that shit i would just calmly put my money in my pocket, turn around without saying a word, and get in my car and drive away. because you are such a massive faggot you arent even worth the air to talk to again
>>
>>33118174
gay, would probably shoot you on the spot for showing me something so obscenely gay
>>
>>33118265
if you were buying a gun from a stranger on the internet, would you want to give them your address?
>>
>>33118309
>>33118309
then they break the law and go to jail the next time they have a probation officer search their shit. and looking at their drivers license or address is not going to tell you if they are a felon or not you idiot
>>
>>33119598
I'll just have him sign his name and confirm the money transaction happened then, and then peek at his ID
>>
>>33119740
I'll just have him sign his name, verify his bank account, list the names/addresses/contact info of three family members and three character references, go through a 31 day waiting period, put images of both sides of his ID and SSN on file, and make regular checks to the department of justice after the sale that he's not commited any crimes. That'll ensure I'm doing my part to end gun violence!

Or you could trade an item for cash like a normal person.
>>
>>33117780
kek
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.