[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Had a car broken into a few months back. Several thousands of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

Had a car broken into a few months back. Several thousands of dollars in gear stolen, included was an ar15. I wasn't taking any security measures to prevent this, and I wanna change that. What are some ways you secure long guns in your vehicle? I'm looking at using steel cable and pad locks, but I'm open to other ideas. Some sort of container or box that I could secure other gear in would be great as well.
>>
>>33115086
you could just take the guns and gear out of the car when you get home. Stop being lazy
>>
>>33115086
Don't keep anything in a car other than your carry piece in a locked and cabled safe. Retard.
>>
>>33115086
>he keeps pile of cash and his gun in the VEEHHCLE at all times
You had it coming,I pray to god you are robbed once again or you die defending your stuff.
>>
>>33115101
Hunting for 4 days. Left another rifle in the car in case I cracked my scope. It's 3.5 hours from where I live so I don't wanna have to drive home in case something happened.

>>33115136
No cash was taken. Just my ar, a spare sleeping bag, jacket, shoes, and clothing. I was hunting in freezing temps up to 70F, as well as rain. That's why I had extra stuff in my vehicle.

Do any of you leave you home and travel elsewhere? Sounds like basement dwelling is still the thing for the majority of /k/.
>>
>>33115086
>muh truck/trunk gun!

Once again you stupid fucks will never learn
>>
>>33115270
they will jump to conclusions all day, you have to give them a complete detailed description of what happened in the OP or not at all, because none of them will read the thread. Just shit post and move on to the next thread.

there are car safes but they are expensive as hell. What I would recommend is having a steel box be welded up for you by a local welder, and then bolt it into your car, make sure you have a decent amount of locks or maybe even some kind of internal lock like a real safe, for that you may look at a home security front door lock, it's god a big bolt and a number pad.
>ideas I've had

or do what I do, and never leave gear or guns in the car. I live in a decent place, and I don't even let my neighbors see my guns, I think they've seen my carry gun on me but I'm super fast and secret about any guns or gear I have.
>>
>>33115366
something something about sucking OPs dick
whatever gay man
>>
>>33115086
Even a 1000 lb safe bolted to your concrete floor in your house can be broken into in minutes by someone who knows what they're doing.
>>
>>33115425
Yea, but you don't have to know what you're doing to flatbed a car away.
>>
>>33115366
Most of these threads are some idiot wanting to keep a gun in the car in case the habbening starts while they are buying frozen dinners at Wal-Mart, so yes, details are nice if that's not your case.

Likewise, details on what kind of vehicle you drive would also be nice. Welding up a steel box may not be the greatest idea if you have a Primus.

The first two steps are generally going to be locking the doors, even if you are on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere (OP said he did NOTHING to prevent this, and I had a friend get a backpack). Second step is to make sure nothing is visible or obvious (an AR shaped lump under a strategically placed blanket for instance).

Anything after that depends on what type of car you have.
>>
>>33115746
When I said nothing I meant I didn't have any gun locks or anything. I was parked on a dirt road, with nothing visible except a sleeping bag in my back seat. I drive an altima BTW. So the idea of welding a box isn't practical. The doors were obviously locked. They cracked a window to gain entry.

I'm not some crazy end of the world guy wanting to be always prepared. Just a guy that enjoys spending a few days inna woods and keeps some spare stuff in the vehicle since I'm so far away. When I'm home or traveling and it's possible I bring the guns indoors, however this isn't always possible.
>>
I also understand no security is full proof and it's mostly just a way to delay the would be thieves or make it so difficult they give up.
>>
>>33115086
Those locks (as are most) are useless against even an unskilled lockpicker. Same could be said for bolt cutters, but a full set of lockpicks fits in your pocket.
>>
>>33115425
>in minutes by someone who knows what they're doing.
yeah you beat the owner with a pipe wrench until he opens the safe
>>
>>33115916
a lock is only a deterrent, son.

this is why grown-ups send pictures of things to their insurance agent
>>
>>33115952
Sure, and having a lock is better than not having a lock. Just pointing out that a lock isnt going to stop something from getting stolen.
>>
>>33115086
>having thousands of dollars of property inside a car in an unsecured place
>keeping an AR in your fucking car

>>33115270
>Hunting for 4 days
>I don't wanna have to drive home in case something happened
The fuck is "something"? Stop being paranoid, hunting is supposed to be fun.

My only advice is buy one of those trucks with a lockable box under the rear seats, one which is secured to the body.
>>
>>33115270
>Left another rifle in the car in case I cracked my scope.

Does not compute. If you want a backup optic, bring a backup optic instead of a rifle+optic. It takes 5 minutes and 5 rounds to zero it.
>>
>>33116093
Target shooting isn't allowed. Hunting is fun, that's why I don't want a shattered scope to ruin my hunt.
>>
File: dafuck bob.jpg (27KB, 480x259px) Image search: [Google]
dafuck bob.jpg
27KB, 480x259px
>>33116167
>Target shooting isn't allowed.
>>
>>33115086
Instead of cable use a chain. Thick chain. Negroes don't even have bolt cutters big enough to cut a thick chain.
>>
>>33115086
So you have a pelican case chained to your truck? Weak point is the case.

Maybe keep a quality steel locker or toolbox in your truck that is hard to enter without the key?

Then they might steel the whole box but it's better than only needing to carry a pelican case.
>>
>>33115086
Why in the hell did you have that much valuable shit in your car?

I want to give you advice, but nigger you can't fix stupid.
>>
File: 1428644627021.jpg (79KB, 345x343px) Image search: [Google]
1428644627021.jpg
79KB, 345x343px
>>33115086
>break into car
>see op's pic
>steal aimpoint
>steal trigger group and magazine release with the small punch set I carry in my rectum
>steal foregrip, buttstock,back up sights,sling,forend ect
>take a shit into the open action
>hide in the bushes and wait for owner to come back
>mfw when he comes back to a skeleton of a rifle
>>
>>33115086
What a fucking idiot.
>>
>>33115086

Just pack the damn rifle in to your camp. Dont leave expensive crap somewhere easily accessible. Kinda sounds like you brought a lot of extra stuff and left a honeypot for a thief.

That being said you would probably end up leaving it unattended in your camp. It contradicts my first statement but I think you would have better luck hiding it somewhere near your camp. It could still get stolen but at least it would be more difficult to find and you would be around at least part of the time.

People break into cars that are parked in secluded areas. It just happens. Don't leave thousands of dollars worth of gear there.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.