[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retarded Middle Eastern Army Stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 13

I feel like we should put together a comprehensive list of stories describing past experiences interacting with the Iraqi/Afghani/Sandpeople """armies"""" I've seen posted on and off.

Pic related are some of Allah's greatest warriors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja5Q75hf6QI

Also related.
>>
Speaking of which, off the top of my noodle I remember an anon recalling the tards they got paired up with constantly removing the caps from their rpg rounds, with the oorahs babysitting them constantly having to recap them so they don't snackbar themselves dropping them / doing stupid shit playing with them.
>>
>>33112540
>>33112561
Not everyone can be babyboobmer product like yourself with big IQ and tactical gear.
These people fight to survive you fight for money you fucking scum.
>>
>>33112902
More pussy for me, chai boi
>>
>>33112540
Oh great, a thread for stale copypasta. A thread died for this.
>>
>>33112976
SSHHHH dont say that you will trigger the american heroes.
>>
>>33112561

>EVENT: 2DLAR REPORTED THAT AN ANA SOLDIER CONDUCTED A NEGLIGENT DISCHARGE OF AN RPG, THE RPG LANDED APPROX 400M SOUTH OF A POLLING STATION. SHRAPNEL FROM THE ROUND CASUED MINOR (FACE) INJURIES TO ANOTHER ANA SOLDIER. THE SOLDIER WAS TREATED ON SITE.

simply one of many rpg related accidents.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MrwJM1_kw8

At 4:00

Apparently a lot of Middle Easterners have no concept about safety at all and would peel off the plastic safety cap from RPG-7 warheads regardless of the situation (they should only be pulled off when preparing to fire as the rockets have impact-fusing operation; meaning a knock to the tip would detonate it).

An actual eyewitness saw an irregular combatant running at full speed with a 'armed' RPG-7, tripped, the tip of the rocket hitting the curb and blowing himself up.
>>
>>33112561
>>33113623
My brother went to Iraq for research for a few years around 2011-12. He said riding in a taxi with an Iraqi driver was the most terrifying thing because they didn't worry about their safety. They would just say "Allah will protect me," and those dumbfucks actually believed they never had to worry about safety because Allah would take care of them. The worst one was when he got a taxi in a sandstorm and the driver still drove at 80 mph. The first time my brother legitimately thought he would die.

Another time some of his students took him on a hike up a mountain. Not until they reached the top did they mention that the mountain was used in the Iran-Iraq war and there were still live mines around.

He stayed in Irbil in Kurdistan so it was relatively safe. But one night one of the Kurdistan leaders successfully had heart surgery in France. The entire city went out into the streets to celebrate by firing into the sky. The university my bro was at sat a ways out of the city on a hill, so he went to the roof to record it all. In the video you can hear a round whizz by his head and hit an ac vent in the background. He found the round the next day and brought it home with him I think.

TLDR; snack bars don't care about safety at all because they think Allah will do everything for them.
>>
American soldiers in Afghanistan have to put up with their afghan """allies""" having harems of little boys on base
They have to stand by and watch and do nothing as mothers and old men from the boys villages come and plead and beg for their children to be returned to them
>>
>>33113719
>snack bars don't care about safety at all because they think Allah will do everything for them.
Orthodox Jews are the same, always getting into car accidents in Williamsburg NYC
>>
>>33112561
That story you heard on FW from ian dude. Nice try though.

>>33112902
>These people fight to survive you fight for money you fucking scum.

These "people" fight to kill you and spread their moon cult political doctrine with religious undertones. Kys.
>>
>>33113719
>TLDR; snack bars don't care about safety at all because they think Allah will do everything for them.

These "people" are too lazy to even care for themselves. And then folks here try telling me they can "integrate" in the west. It's the most preposterous claim you can make.
>>
>>33113514
dare i say...
>MANY SUCH CASES
>>
>>33113792
Sure they do
>>
>>33112540
What do you want me to tell you about them?

They are horrible people.
>>
>>33112561
I remember hearing about one of those guys tripping while running across the street and blowing up when the rocket hit the ground
>>
>>33112540
The ANA guys would fuck little boys

For a culture that stones faggots, they're pretty fucking gay
>>
>>33112902
>These people fight to survive you fight for money you fucking scum.

They lose often because they don't culturally value professionalism. If you support them which is your right, then I suggest YOU help train them instead of talking shit. Being a trainer is difficult because while the indigenous forces are sometimes brave they frequently collapse due to discipline failure.

It's hard to help people who refuse to listen. ISIL manage to discipline THEIR forces made of the same people so it can be done. Fuck your butthurt.

Attitudes like yours are why the people you support keep taking casualties for nothing. You sound like a Burger redneck or a vatnik.

http://www.meforum.org/441/why-arabs-lose-wars

Channel your childish anger into self-discipline if you want to make something of your life. Go to war if you want, then post edifying vidyas of how YOU manage in your awesomeness to produce an effective force.
>>
>>33113820
MURRICA FUCK YEA WE WILL SPREAD CAPITALISM EVERY WHERE HAHAHAH
>>
>>33113992
tldr
Dont intend to argue with Gen Z teenagers.
>>
>>33113972
They get REALLY fucking offended if you point out how gay that is though.
>>
Have any of you had any experience with the Afghan Commandos? I heard from someone who had served over there that while the ANA and ANP were worthless, the Afghan Commandos he encountered were both competent and highly motivated.
>>
>>33114179
This is true, they're as close to a properly disciplined fighting force out there
Do remember, these are the guys who get trained by our "advisors", they know to aim, unlike the ANA that just allahu ackbars all the god damn time
>>
Safety.

Safety is something you get when you live in a society that enforces it. When there are cops who deal with the criminally insane or stop the cars with 14 ladders tied to the top with a string. When there are courts who can do something about the guy pissing in the coffee maker in his shop. When there are regulations that force people to keep their large untamed pets in check. Safety doesn't stop shit from happening, it is the consequences being costly that stops shit from happening all the time.

I don't blame these guys for trusting in Allah. What else is there for them to trust in?
>>
>>33114179

Are these the same as the Afghan Crisis Response Unit?
>>
>>33113972
Women for reproduction only, men and children for pleasure
>>
>>33114114
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdggP7rw0mg
golden old one
>>
>>33112902
But if they dont have an equal or higher IQ, why should they be worth protecting? earth has only limited resources, shouldnt the intelligent be bred, and the stupid be reused as fertilizers?
>>
>>33114731
Isnt fine motoric of people damaged by incest?
>>
>>33112540

Nice cherry picking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkzCVX4ynrI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrtKKgZ_DR4

The main reason why middle eastern armies are so bad is because they are mainly composed of popular milicias who never touched a rifle in their life

Imagine your father forced to grab a gun and shoot to professionnal soldiers ? He wouldnt survive for long

The second reason is that the official """armies""" are supported by foreign powers to defend their interests and dont have as much motivation as rebels, which appears to be good fighters
>>
>>33114813
The funniest thing about how stupid your response was to that obvious troll, is that you both would be fertilizer.
>>
>>33114973
This. The only people dumb enough to suggest genocidal eugenics are the ones that would get gassed
>>
>>33112540
>Do big push into mari dasht area of afghan in 2014 because pakistani gun smugglers are up to shit there
>get into 3 day firefight
>400 marines, 2 cobra gunships, harvest hawk, 2 f-18's and an appache are needed
>have like, 8 ANA along for the ride cuz command said we had to.
>they mostly chill in the shade at the PB and smoke heroin anyways so atleast they arent getting in the way while we actually fight
>have MSNBC reporter along for some reason. He mostly hides inside the MRAP shitting himself and crying
>says "wow! Obama said the war was over! That was horrific! People need to know about this!"
>week later the story is only very briefley reported
>according MSNBC it was a "raid by afghan national that was a stunning success"
>the video shows a few seconds of blown up gun-runner trucks our cobras took out, and 45 seconds of the 8 ANA guys posing menacingly with AK-47's back at the PB 5 miles away from the actual fighting.
>very dramatic, cuz you can hear all of OUR gunfire and explosions in the distance
>pretty much 99% of the "STUNNING VICTORY BY LOCAL NATIONAL MILITARY!" stories from 2013-2014 were us and a british commando battalion, sometimes army would link up with us when the bothered to operate that far south
>there was never more than 15 local national military personnel present at any given time but the news made it seem like they were handling everything and we could just pack up and leave

Pretty sure obama was having his media pets do damage control so his "the war will be over by 2014" bit didnt turn into another "mission success" gaffe like bush had.
>>
File: priorities.gif (592KB, 192x276px) Image search: [Google]
priorities.gif
592KB, 192x276px
>>33117414
Are you calling the U.S. armed a middle eastern army?
>>
>>33117512
No, he's saying US forces were doing 90% of the work, Brits 10%, and the locals were totally useless, whilst the media was portraying ANA as totally awesome and dealing with everything itself.
>>
>>33117703
Yeah, the kind hearted liberal presses giving credit to the underdogs didnt do those hajis any favors though.

America got the idea into their head from it that our part was done and allowed obama to pull us out, pretty much all of those useless ANA fucks are dead now.
>>
>>33113972
>>33113972
sleeping with men= gay.
boys are not men
check
fucking
m8
>>
>>33113931
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacha_bazi

common throughout persia and arabia
>>
>>33118409
Take that back, islamophobe. That's their rightful culture
>>
>>33114841
fun fact a recent study of the middle east shows over 50% of the people are inbred and 70% of pakis are inbred.
>>
>>33113992
>http://www.meforum.org
>"Middle East Forum: Promoting American Interests"
>"Is Judaism a Good Model for Islamic Reform ? by Alexander H. Joffe"
>"Were the Arabs Indigenous to Mandatory Palestine? by Sheree Roth"
Not the faggot you're replying to, or a /pol/cuck, but your website is absolute biaised cancer, and you should feel ashamed for shilling that kind of pathetic cuntery
>>
>>33114930
>Mid East Army
>Malhama Tactical

Both of those vids are of a Russian PMC, not middle eastern fighters.
>>
>>33114973
>>33115219
[sides status: really painful]
thanks for the banter guys, can't get enough of edgelords getting BTFO
>>
>>33118686
>>33118701
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacha_bazi
>During the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (Taliban's rule) (1994-2001), bacha bazi officially carried the death penalty.
>A controversy arose after allegations surfaced that US government forces in Afghanistan after the Invasion of Afghanistan deliberately ignored bacha bazi. The US military justified this by claiming the abuse was largely the responsibility of the “local Afghan government.
Well I kinda feel like the Talibans had the right attitude regarding degeneracy.
>>
File: 1488000669354.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1488000669354.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>33119264
>In 2011, an Afghan mother in the Konduz province reported that her 12-year-old son had been chained to a bed and raped for two weeks by an Afghan Local Police (ALP) commander Abdul Rahman. When confronted, Rahman laughed and confessed. He was subsequently severely beaten by two US Special Forces soldiers and physically thrown off the base.[32] The soldiers were involuntarily separated from the military, but later reinstated after a lengthy legal case.[33] As a direct result of this incident, legislation was created called the "Mandating America's Responsibility to Limit Abuse, Negligence and Depravity", or "Martland Act" named after Special Forces Sgt. 1st Class Charles Martland.
>>
File: 1474943052036.jpg (32KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1474943052036.jpg
32KB, 480x480px
>>33119382

The funny thing is that the people who sleep with men/boys are doing it in the name of Islam. According to them, it's un-Islamic to have females dance, wear skimpy outfits or otherwise perform perverse acts with them. So instead they do it with men as that's 'okay and within Islamic standards'. Although, I suspect they didn't finish reading the quran about homosexuality.
>>
>>33119264
The taliban do it too, they just give a lot of lip service to high morals. They're the same heroine smoking boy-fondlers that the ANA are.
>>
>>33112561
believe ian mentioned it in the rpg video
>>
>>33119681
Burn them all.
>>
File: Marine enjoying chow.jpg (18KB, 583x435px) Image search: [Google]
Marine enjoying chow.jpg
18KB, 583x435px
>be innadessert
>training with the Saudi Army
>NCO Corps is almost none existent, its a bunch of kids or old conscripts
>time to do a CMP range, Saudis bring in these crates, the Saudis didn't come with rifles
>inside are pristine, brand new G36s, luckily get to fondle one
>Saudis get their rifles, fuck around by pointing it at each other and constantly flagging people
>hand rounds out, see Saudis drop their rifles on the deck to load their mags
>me and the other NCOs have given up bitching them out, it has no affect on them
>range start, they can't hit the broadside of a barn but miraculously no safety violators
>suddenly hear two shots go off behind us, RSOs lose their shit
>I look behind and see some gap-tooth Saudi giggling to himself as he fires another round in the dirt
>turns out he found some loose rounds and thought it was a good idea to fire them into the ground since everyone was firing in the range
>they burn hash and sit around it to get stoned, don't stand any watch
>stop to take smoke break in the middle of O-Courses

Why can't hajis into unit cohesion, NCOs and the military in general?
>>
>>33117414

Why the fuck are we in Afghanistan, holy shit, it's one gigantic embarrassment.
>>
File: eruobeat intensifies2.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
eruobeat intensifies2.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
>2011
>ANA on base found a monkey
>they teach it tricks and to drink tea out of a glass
>everyone loves the monkey
>it likes to jump all over people
>several days later ANA dudes don't feel well
>go see the medics
>they have some sort of deadly monkey herpes
>what the fuck
>everyone thinks these faggots buttfucked this poor monkey
>turns out they just didn't clean the glass of tea after then monkey drank some
>all soldiers who came in contact with the monkey called to see the medic immediately
>people freaking out in line thinking they are gonna die

no one else got it luckily.

>on patrol
>someone spots what looks like a possible ied in garbage bag
>iraqi decides he's gonna check it out
>walks over
>fucking kicks it into the air
>turns around
>yells "NO BOOM!?"
>everyones face when
>>
>>33119871
Also forgot to mention that it was a common trend with the Saudis to use the front sight post to aim when in the prone.

Yes you read that right, they actually brought the rifles front sight post in front of their eye, completely disregarding the built in optic that we took the time to help them zero, and reached back to the trigger to fire it.

I wish I took a picture of it, it was to most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.
>>
>>33119264
Child rape led to the rise of the Taliban in the first place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammed_Omar#Forming_the_Taliban

>The practice of bacha bazi by warlords was one of the key factors in Mullah Omar mobilizing the Taliban.[42] Reportedly, in early 1994, Omar led 30 men armed with 16 rifles to free two young girls who had been kidnapped and raped by a warlord, hanging him from a tank gun barrel.[43] Another instance arose when in 1994, a few months before the Taliban took control of Kandahar, two militia commanders confronted each other over a young boy whom they both wanted to sodomize. In the ensuing fight, Omar's group freed the boy; appeals soon flooded in for Omar to intercede in other disputes.[44]
>>
>>33119871
>live in a tribal society
>don't respect any kind of authority that isn't either family or tribe
>>
>>33112540
I heard a story from a KC-135 boom operator about a Turkish F-16 almost crashing into the tail of the plane because they apparently don't both to learn any English at all. The boom guy was shouting "No" and "Break" which are pretty much the two most important words to know, but the pilot just kept coming at the KC. They had to do some kind of emergency maneuver to get the jackass off their tail.
>>
>>33119871

That would explain their (((performance))) in Yemen.
>>
>>33113514
kek
>Negligent Discharge
>RPG
How the fuck do you manage that?
>>
>>33119920

>deadly monkey herpes

>walks over
>fucking kicks it into the air
>turns around
>yells "NO BOOM!?"

Sometimes I wonder if it is a blessing to have at least one or two guys like that at your disposal so you can just make them do stupid shit like that.
>>
>>33120043
They're cheap and expendable. We should use them for all of our cannon fodder needs.
>>
>>33120007
Rpg's are hammer fired, it has a saftey almost identical to a rifle.

When you have a rocket loaded you are supposed to leave the hammer uncocked and the saftey on.

ANA like to fingerfuck shit and just generally fidget with crap they shouldnt, im guessing he had the saftey off and was thumbing and fidgeting with the hammer.
>>
>>33120281
You'd get more bang for your buck with Colombians or Sri Lankans.

They're used to getting shot at, but they got fed more growing up, so they're not as brain damaged.
>>
>>33120473
I dunno, I'm going for quantity over quality. If I can get a bunch of inbred sand-downies for 20 bucks a head, I'll take it. I don't want soldiers, I want bodies.
>>
>>33120527
The shipping and handling might be high.

You have to get them on the plane without getting shot at, and you have to pack them with enough hay and opium that they don't start pecking each other or eating their own shit.
>>
>>33119663

No they just dont think its gay. Being overtly homosexual like in the west is frowned upon but buggery isn't as long as you also like girls.

Thats the whole story, there isn't any real nuance to it.
>>
>>33119382
Jesus Christ, I wonder how much time the guy who came up with that acronym had to spend on figuring it out so it matched the soldier's name.
>>
>>33112902
found you, antifa
>>
File: 1486793207725.gif (2MB, 315x275px) Image search: [Google]
1486793207725.gif
2MB, 315x275px
anyone hear about the iraqi sub caught on fire?

their sailors wanted to let it burn, "it is allah's will"
>>
>>33119871

The entire government and society is only propped up by oil money and the ability to just throw money at everything to solve the problem

They keep unrest low by just giving everybody government jobs that don't require any work.

So no one really takes anything seriously. Once the oil's gone or the need for oil disappears Saudi Arabia's gonna be an interesting place,
>>
>>33119920
Oh god the IEDs in afghanistan. There must be some rule that at least five ANA must stand directly on top of it on the road when talking about how to handle it.
>>
>>33119663
>118°F
Jesus fucking christ no wonder everyone there is pissed off and crazy as fuck.
>>
>>33119927
Wait so.... we're the bad guys?
>>
>>33114587
>What else is there for them to trust in
Dude wtf. The mddle easterners don't lve n caves. They have nternet vdya eypods and sht too.
How arrogant...
>>
>>33115219
Liberals would be pig food
>>
>>33119203

There's also ibn khattab and his katiba, talibans, al qaida in Iraq, hayat tahrir al sham...
>>
>>33123604
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacha_bazi

Cellphones are in use in mud huts and stone cottages all over the world. Doesn't mean they are texting much.
And as for the intelligence inherent in wearing a uniform.... quoting Wikipedia:
"Police officers in Afghanistan are largely illiterate. Approximately 17 percent of them tested positive for illegal drugs in 2010. They were widely accused of demanding bribes.[3] Attempts to build a credible Afghan police force were faltering badly, according to NATO officials.[4] A quarter of the officers quit every year, making the Afghan government's goals of substantially building up the police force even harder to achieve.[4]"
>>
>>33113719
There are no universities or trade schools with exchange programs anywhere in Iraq, Syria or Afghanistan.

You are lying.
>>
>>33119871
They basically ignored all military lessons of the past hundred years in favour of shiny Russian, European and American toys.
>>
>>33124356

Well, there is the "American International School" right there on the map beside Erbil Airport in Kurdistan. Along with dozens of other schools. Apparently they are a high school but that's where you learn many trades.

So I'm not sure it is that guy who is lying.
>>
>>33124390

What military lessons would this be? Saudi Arabia has not committed serious military force into anything, ever. Any conflict where your total military losses are counted as dozens of men, is not a war.
>>
>>33117414

What's an ANA dude ?
>>
>>33124540

Not him, but anyway: ANA=Afghanistan National Army
>>
>>33119917
the original reason was "9/11." the reason we're still there is an attempt to bring the arabs up to a level where they are a functioning first world (or developing) nation.
the reasoning is either to repair the massive amounts of damage we did during the war, or to ensure another attack does not happen again. we can expect to be there for another ten years thanks to the rise of ISIS.
>>
>>33123042
>The entire government and society is only propped up by oil money and the ability to just throw money at everything to solve the problem
>They keep unrest low by just giving everybody government jobs that don't require any work.
>So no one really takes anything seriously. Once the oil's gone or the need for oil disappears Saudi Arabia's gonna be an interesting place,

It's just ripe to be bigger than Syria. Saudi has modern weaponry, Shia people could up-rise, not to mention an entire population that like you say completely lives off oil money.

I think it will happen quickly. The money will drop. The oil wells will stop producing. So everyone who works in oil will lose their jobs. Their might be lines of people trying to get money out of the banks. That could lead to Saudis unable to feed their families. The government might start returning Indians and Bangladeshis back to their countries. The army might mobilize. But the shit will with the fan during the annual Haj when foreigners come to visit. They just might close the borders.

It will be interesting to see
>>
>>33124555

However. The (obligatory) religions of Saudi are Sunni and Wahabism, with Shia being kept away. That is going to make it a lot harder for any outsiders to meddle. Strict sharia laws enables a police state seen in few if any other wealthy country. And being wealthy, they are insulated more than most from a period of say low oil prices.
>>
>>33124587
Wahhabis are sunnis, it's a sect within Sunni branch of Islam and they are some of the absolute worst people on the face of the earth. SA has spent billions of dollars spreading Wahhabism.
>>
>>33124587
Yes. But. what could happen if the government can`t pay their soldiers and police to keep order?
>>
>>33124609

We are talking about one of the richest countries on the planet, where the elite have world wide investments, multinational companies and top level international political contacts. They aren't going to run out of cash any time soon. Shitty weather in Riyad this week? Ok they'll go to Paris for the weekend. Or Washington, or Moscow.

I am not saying that the SA's can't fall apart. But it won't be for money reasons. If oil loses its value, the whole world will be in a recession unlike anything we have seen since 1929.
>>
>>33124356
It wasn't a direct exchange program. My brother's graduate advisor travels a lot and had been to Kurdistan many times. Got my brother interested in studying local plants in the area. They worked with people from the American University over there, and after a couple years got asked to teach a botany class in the summer.

Americans were really popular in Kurdistan since we had gotten rid of Saddam. One summer one of their students wanted to show off that he knew some Americans to his village. So he asked them to go to his village with him and they went. Part way driving up the mountain his village was on they came across a PKK road block. My brother and his advisor naturally had their cameras on them to take pictures of any interesting local plants. The PKK thought they were spies and detained them. Once they figured out who they really were they were glad to have them, giving them tea and other such things. Definitely scary though, that's a story he never told my parents.

Last time my brother was there and it was just him teaching was when the Syrian civil war was really heating up and the sectarian violence was spilling back into Iraq. One of his students came to my brother and told him that he was leaving the class because he needed to go fight for his people. Mom sure is glad he doesn't go over anymore.
>>
>>33124398
Forgot to link you in >>33124670. It was one of the American Universities over there. Not sure what bug is up that guy's ass that he automatically assumes the story is bull.
>>
>>33124678

Since I was peeking anyway I noticed there were a lot of schools in the area. What is the general education level of the area? I've gotten used to seeing nothing but ruins, slums, elite enclaves and military bases all over the ME. This looked different.
>>
why is there no syria general thread?

is /k/ only meme? is this is why the /pol/dullheads took over the middle east thread?
>>
>>33124549
>we're there to help them rebuild
bahahahaha
>>
>>33124746
I only know what I've heard from my brother as I've never been myself. The Kurds with their strict borders and security keep their area very safe. From what I heard from him, it's fairly developed but still has a way to go. On his first trip over he stayed with a PhD graduate they were working with (totally separate note, this guy came to visit a year after that because he wanted to experience a real American 4th of July, it was great). The electrical system sucked, lots of connections people would just splice themselves into the line. Caused the power to go out a lot. For some reason the fuse box was a communal one on a pole at the end of the street for all the neighbors to share. Don't know about education, but they did have quite a few universities with local students. Not all of them were well qualified to be there (nepotism is still strong in ME) but they did have good students. Cities and roads were pretty good. My brother really liked the street markets and locals. He wanted to live there for a few years and teach at the universities once he got his PhD, but not with all the ISIS troubles going down.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (33KB, 336x188px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
33KB, 336x188px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMmhmWcMpUE
>>
>>33125040

Sounds like they are making headway with basic infastructure and internal safety then. How much of this was achieved through buying foreign contractors with oil money?

Also, since this is /k/- were there military academies, officer schools, training areas for artillery and such? Much as I like seeing the kurd mentality in the field, their military infrastructure has not seemed too advanced.
>>
>>33125093
No idea honestly. I just know what I've seen and heard from my brother. Haven't researched the area myself. I don't think there's much military schooling. I would assume their security forces are more of a militia using what weapons they can get their hands on, given the persecution during Saddam times. Although now they've been getting quite a few arms from foreign governments to fight ISIS.
>>
>>33125123

Well. Their army is the Peshmerga. While my impression of them - half a world away - is good when it comes to morale and honor, I only know what I can read on Wiki. And I have a feeling that source is badly out of date.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peshmerga
>>
>>33123361
Try not to think to much patriot.
>>
>>33120669
This. In islam fucking a guy in the ass is just seen like masterbation. Islam places more taboo on getting fucked in the ass. according to muslims its the catcher who is gay, the pitcher is just horny.
>>
>>33113820
>>33113820

as opposed to our brave boys fighting with absolutely zero ideological motivation and political neutrality
>>
>>33112902
They don't do a very good job at it
>>
>>33124640
He's saying the country will decend into chaos, not the elites will suffer much. Of course anyone with the wherewithal or family to get ahead in life will just leave (not many places to run to now thier offloading of thier rapefugees fucked most of the hemisphere but whatever) but the vast majority will decend into Afghan teir poverty and infighting.
>>
>>33123361
It's starting to look that way
>>
>>33123361
You are thinking in black and white, anon.. Its not as simple as that. There were a lot of corrupt warlords... but a lot of good ones too.. Ahmed Shah Massoud(Tajik) was a real decent guy. There was another Pashtun warlord who fought Taliban to a standstill. The talibs invited him citing islamic parley codes... cheated him, captured and threw him off a helicopter. Dont believe every piece of propaganda
> The trope that the taliban came to the rescue is pure ISI fiction. The talibs were initially recruited to protect pakistani trade convoys to the north and to iran from bandits.

Later the ISI deemed they could be used to undermine Afghanistan as a strong state because no self respecting Afghan will accept the Durand Line.
>>
>>33123361
Also the Tajiks make really good Soldiers.
>>
>>33123361
America committed a deal with the devil when it allowed military aid to the Mujahideen to be channeled through ISI... They pretty much set up the training and infra and oil money did the financing. But Ironically Sher-e-Panjshir and his army were the most successful against the sovietss.
>>
>>33123321
It's Arizona with more brown people
>>
>>33126016

It is an interesting line of thought. One I feel insufficiently informed to answer. Because refugee camps are common all over ME but not in Saudi Arabia, where they do not allow refugees at all. Zero. According to some sources anyway. Would SA refugees be welcome anywhere as a result?
>>
>>33119871
>NCO Corps is almost none existent, its a bunch of kids or old conscripts

fairly sure that the lack of decent NCO corps is one of the major points in that 'why Arabs lose wars' article but yeah not actually knowing how to fire your own guns is also quite a big disadvantage
>>
>>33126457
The oil barons of saudi arabia woul uproot and move to switzerland where they have their millions and billions stashed anyways, they'd just leave their leaderless people to starve in the desert.

Just as ours, or anyone elses billionaires would if their own country collapsed. Once you get so rich borders, governments, and laws quit mattering.
>>
>>33126477
Funny way of "performing present arms" I saw in kuwait, the guy puts the muzzle of the gun under his chin and presents the officer with the trigger facing outward.

So imagine pic related only muzzle directly under the chin. To them present arms is literally "you're an officer, you can kill me if you want."
>>
>>33113719
Lmfao Kurdistan isn't real like call it what it really is. Like lmfaoo
>>
>>33124587
>The (obligatory) religions of Saudi are Sunni and Wahabism, with Shia being kept away

There's a sizable Shia minority in Saudi, with a history of unrest and opposition to the government.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979_Qatif_Uprising

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9312_Saudi_Arabian_protests#2014_Qatif_protests
>>
>>33126231

Dostum khan was a nice guy if you didn't oppose him. He loves bollywood, whiskey, pretty women with makeup, wants women to have jobs and shit.

He also massacred something like 2,000 Taliban prisoners by suffocating them in cargo containers left out in the desert.

>Durrand line
Kind of blows your mind when you realize more pashtuns live in pakistan than in Afghanistan. Not "oh 13 million + 5 vs 13 million" but 13 million in Afghanistan vs 30 million in pakistan.
>>
>>33125956
That's the Mexican Rule... Pitchers are cool, catchers are not
>>
>>33124548

right after asking this I googled ANA and found what it was

Crazy uh

Thx anyway
>>
File: thedudejpg.jpg (861KB, 1221x1711px) Image search: [Google]
thedudejpg.jpg
861KB, 1221x1711px
>>33112540
afghanistan...
>>
>>33126619
>Lmfao Kurdistan isn't real like call it what it really is. Like lmfaoo
What is it really then?
Because the independent government and all the Kurdish people seem to have their heart set on Kurdistan. My brother even brought back a big Kurdistan flag (they have their own flag they fly) and has it covering one of his living room walls.
>>
File: 1487179641855.jpg (80KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1487179641855.jpg
80KB, 766x960px
>>33119921
What in the fuck
>>
>>33113931
Nah that's real shit man spend about 5 seconds on google
>>
>>33115219
>Hitler got gassed
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.