[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nuggetish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: wz48.jpg (78KB, 800x388px) Image search: [Google]
wz48.jpg
78KB, 800x388px
So yeah, I fell for the Mosin-Nagant meme, and decided I wanted one, especially a carbine. Then I looked at the prices, and read about the bruising recoil (fine for my home defense gun, but maybe not so much for a day of shooting for fun). Then I heard about the WZ-48, the single-shot .22lr Mosin trainer developed by Poland during the Cold War. It sure looks like a nice fun little plinker. What does /k/ know about them? Nice? Reliable? About how much should I pay for one, and where would be a good place to look?
>>
>>33109906
>Buying a mosin in .22
That's like playing stalker on easy mode. Everybody knows master difficulty is only difficulty
>>
>>33109906
bruising recoil?
People really think this about nuggie carbines?
>>
The prices last I checked a year or two ago was 275-350.

They are generally very accurate guns, but they are trainers after all, so some have been abused. You'll see squib rings in quite a few of the bores since they shot them with shorts apparently.

The biggest issue is that the split chamber, it also being an extractor, design means if it's out of spec, it'll split the case during firing, meaning gas all over your face. A guy use to make replacement, but he stopped selling them since they were a two piece design that would eventually fail under heavy use. This isn't an issue if you have one in spec, so make sure to confirm that it is.

If you can find one in that price range with all parts in spec, then go for it. Only place to find them nowadays are in the secondary market. You can try contacting the dude who made the new extractors, but he store of doesn't have an actual store anymore. Google enmsports (I tried linking the FB page, 4chan thinks it's spam). He is legit though, you can look him up on gunboards

and no, carbines do not have brusing recoil if you shoulder them properly. You might get tired, but only way to get bruised is with improper form. Even if recoil is an issue, you can just use a pussypad. I do sometimes when I want to shoot a whole fucking lot and don't want to get sore.
>>
>>33109906
Why bother? Just man up and shoot the real one.
>>
>>33109906
>and read about the bruising recoil

I am a skeleton that weighs 130 pounds at most. I fire either my full size 91/30 or my M44 with no recoil pads or anything like that at all whenever I go out in the desert with buddies for the day. My shoulder has never looked like a drunken husband's wife who forgot to have dinner ready when he got home.

Shoulder it properly, don't be a bitch and your shoulder won't look like that and you won't feel it.
>>
>>33109906

oh my god the mosin has fine recoil if you hold the damn gun correctly
>>
>>33110447
/thread
>>
>mfw someone tells me tells me they're concerned about the Mosin's """""""bruising""""""" recoil

Truth be told, it's not as bad as people make it out to be. Man up and get a real one.
>>
>>33109906
I have a wz 48, dad gave it to me when I was 10. Really fun little rifle and the bolt is fun to work. Plus the action it has really chucks those little bastards.

You can get them for $200 at Bud's gunshop, no idea what condition they are though.
>>
>>33109906
dont listen to these fags. im an average sized man and any full sized 30 cal rifle cartridge an a gun with a metal buttplate will bruise your shoulder after a few boxes of ammo.

that said, you should just buy the real thing and get used to it or buy one of the many very nice and affordable bolt action .22s for the same price and they will perform better in every way.
>>
>le mosin recoil maymay

Literally every single person that complains about the recoil on anything short of an anti-materiel rifle just doesn't know how to shoulder their fucking gun. There's nothing at all bad about a Mosin's recoil. It's just a .308 for fuck's sake. You people act like it shoots 30mm
>>
File: 1404309885983.gif (3MB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
1404309885983.gif
3MB, 384x288px
>>33110706
No, it won't you fucking mouth breathing mongoloid. Maybe try shouldering your fucking rifle properly.
>>
>>33110746
>t. i can only afford to shoot a box of ammo at a time
youre right, getting hit by a piece of metal with ~15 ft-lbs of energy totally isnt going to bruise after a few dozen rounds.
>>
>>33110103
Hey, if you manage to survive the Zone with a .22, that's a big enough achievement.
>>
>>33110837
>getting hit by a piece of metal with ~15 ft-lbs of energy totally isnt going to bruise after a few dozen rounds.

Except if you shoulder it properly it doesn't hit you; it pushes you. You are bruising because the buttplate is not tight against your shoulder; this allows it room to move; gaining momentum before it meets the resistance of your muscle and bone, causing bruising.
>>
i once shot a mosin and it broke both my shoulders

DONT DO IT ANON its not worth it
>>
>>33111033
>fuddscience
it is above the maximum allowable recoil for many countries service rifles, even those during ww2. its only 15% less energy than a 12g except with a metal buttplate instead of a rubber pad. no amount of "just hold it tighter bro" is going to stop the energy from being transferred into your shoulder.
>>
Protip: Stop drinking the Kool-Aid and don't bother with shitty Eastern Bloc milsurp when it's priced in the same price point as modern guns of higher quality.

For the price a Mosin runs today, you can buy a new Savage that will do 1 MOA right from the factory.

For the price you will likely have to pay for this single shot .22 that's likely been misused by Communist boots for decades, you could get a 10/22 that is better in every single way.

>but muh historical/collector value!

Eastern Bloc milsurp that was made in the millions has no collector value, barring extremely rare variants. It does have some historical value but only to the people that buy it. Whether this historical value is worth paying equal to or more than a modern firearm of objectively higher quality and capability is questionable.
>>
>>33111228
>you could get a marlin 60 thats better in every single way
ftfy
>>
>>33110731

this

i just push the stock into my shoulder really tight with my elbow down like pic related and its fine.

>tfw sold my nugget
>>
>>33111228
>For the price you will likely have to pay for this single shot .22 that's likely been misused by Communist boots for decades, you could get a 10/22 that is better in every single way.

I'm not looking for one because I need a .22 - I already have a 10/22 Takedown for that. I just want one because it's cool-looking and unusual, and the kind of gun I could bring to the range with friends to let them punch holes in paper.
>>
>>33109906
desu a .22 mosin sounds like a blast.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.