[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would /k/ construct a CANZUK military?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Lets say Britain, Australia, Canada and New Zealand confederate in to one country. Based on a GDP of 6.26 trillion dollars, lets assume the defence budget is 2.5% of GDP. This is approximately $157 billion a year.

What are the needs of what would be the largest country on earth? How would you structure a navy and air force to cover such a vast territory?

What about the army and marines?
>>
Would 4 carriers be enough? Base one in Britain. Two on the east & west coasts of Canada, and one in Aus?
>>
We need to make the empire great again /k/
>>
>Lets say Britain, Australia, Canada and New Zealand confederate in to one country.
I want this to happen, but the right sort of Canadians and Kiwis absolutely have to be in charge of politics.
>>
File: muslim-trudeau.jpg (67KB, 602x576px) Image search: [Google]
muslim-trudeau.jpg
67KB, 602x576px
>>33112170
no

>>33109878
Standardise on the SA80, MARS-L, F88 or C7?
>>
>>33109878
First off, you need more like double or quadtriple the budget.
>>
>>33110070
You can assume that 1/3 of the carriers would be undergoing maintenance or the like at any given time. I'd base two in the UK, two in Canada and two in Australia.
>>
>>33112560
Continuing on from there, the air force and navy would need to be vast to cover the amount of airspace and sea we'd be talking about. The army wouldn't need a huge amount of heavy brigades, as Australia, New Zealand and the UK are islands, and much of Canada isn't suitable terrains for MBTs. The bulk of the army would need to be easily deployable by air and sea, and capable of operating in more or less any climate and terrain.
>>
>>33112317
>the right sort of Canadians (Americans lite type) and Kiwis (chilled out bushbros type)
Simplified for you.
>>
>>33112317
C7 for sure
>>
>Lets say Britain, Australia, Canada and New Zealand confederate in to one country.

Canadian gun laws, Australian refugee laws, British treatment of the French, and New Zealand half-caste camwhores.

It would be perfect.
>>
File: 1484775265341.jpg (382KB, 1200x734px) Image search: [Google]
1484775265341.jpg
382KB, 1200x734px
>>33109878
My lord, I thought I was the only person sane enough to think of this. It would be a sight to behold
>>
>>33109878
Big Navy like last time
>>
>CANZKEK
>>
>>33109878
Bong here.

NZ basically doesn't have a military and wouldn't contribute. They'd be a leech to security in the area.

Aus and Canada are practically indefensible with that budget.

You wouldn't be able to share any real resources between Canada/UK and Aus/NZ just because of geography anyway, so I have no idea why you would do this
>>
>>33113814
>Xd

This
>>
>>33110070
No, 2 in britain, one for north sea and one for Europe/Med/North Africa.
2 for Canada, one on each coast.
2 for Australia, on in the Indian ocean, one for the South China Sea.
2 spares, one for training, one for use whilst one of the other's is in drydock's for repairs.
Surge capacity to have 7 operating at once.
>>
>>33113814
We had in the past, really the problem is that currently AUS, Can, NZ dont send much, if we did make them spend 2.5% then they wouldne be a leech, it would also help to bring the Royal Navy to a greater scale once again- we can have more together than individually if we commit to the 2.5`% instead of cutting, and really NZ can be defended alongside Australia so we could have the same battlegroup for both.
>>
>>33115288
Thats a lot of aircraft carriers, do we really need that many when we have such a great geographical range over the globe?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.