[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am looking to get a mosin sometime soon but I know near to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0214.jpg (28KB, 800x257px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0214.jpg
28KB, 800x257px
I am looking to get a mosin sometime soon but I know near to nothing about them. I would hope I could get some info on what I'm getting into. Also what is with the whole mosin obsession on /k/
>>
File: Baker-sensei_with_a_Mosin_91-30.jpg (148KB, 1200x1697px) Image search: [Google]
Baker-sensei_with_a_Mosin_91-30.jpg
148KB, 1200x1697px
>>33109851
>what is with the whole mosin obsession on /k/
They used to be super cheap .30-cal rifle with super-cheap ammunition. After the SKS and 7.62x39 prices started to rise poor /k/ommandos turned to the nugget for their plinking needs. Now the supply is drying up they're not much cheaper than a modern bolt-action rifle which is vastly superior.
>>
>>33109851
all you really need to know is that they work. they used to be good investments when you could snag a 91/30 for under a hundred but that is no longer the case. if you cant find one in decent condition with matching parts and all accessories for under 150, don't bother and get a mauser or go modern instead.
>>
In and of themselves, there's nothing all that special about them. They became a memegun because for a few years, they could be had dirt cheap because the Russians and Ukrainians were cleaning out their old supplies of them. A bunch of people bought them when $75-100 was the going price, which meant that lots of NEETs and poorfags were able to get their hands on them, which is why they became a thing on the chans. That changed when two things happened just about simultaneously: supplies of ones in decent condition started to dry up, and President Obongo signed an Executive Order banning imports of milsurp rifles from Russia. These days, the going price for one that's not totally trashed these days will be about $250, plus or minus a little. As a rifle, they're okay - not great, not horrible - but these days for the same price or less you can get a way nicer bolt-action milsurp - Turkish/Spanish Mausers, or a no-crest Arisaka, for example. That said, they now have a certain cachet as a memegun, and if you like them because you want to be /k/ool (and there's nothing wrong with that), then go ahead and get one.
>>
>>33110287
Sorry for the Department of Redundancy Department in that post - that's what I get for trying to edit in such a small window.
>>
>>33110068
Eh, given the current ammo and gun prices, I think the SKS is the way to go again.
>>
>>33109851
>I am looking to get a mosin

Don't. It's a piece of shit.
>>
>>33110287
>President Obongo signed an Executive Order banning imports of milsurp rifles from Russia.
He did no such thing.
>>
>>33109851
7.62x54r.net

Has tons of info on different types *(there are tons) and what all the markings need.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.