[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting an ammo factory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (361KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
361KB, 1920x1080px
Entertain the thought /k/. How viable would it be to start up a company to manufacture ammunition?

Is there a demand that's not being met?
>>
>>33109494
Not really no.

The only way I could see success is if you hopped on the lead-free train early and became a leader in the race to phase lead out.

But other, prominent companies likely wouldn't have much trouble just undercutting you.
>>
>>33109494
Easy way to go broke
>>
>>33109494
you'd need a considerable amount of start up capital to compete with other well-established companies. unless you are loading some niche, obscure cartridges, the market is pretty saturated as it stands
>>
>>33109494
Make a deal with those guys selling those two-piece cases that cheaper to mfgr.

it's like an aluminum base with a steel or aluminum wall friction welded to it.

ofc they probably have a patent, convince them to let you put it into mass production and rake in the shekels undercutting traditional producers
>>
>>33109701
>>33109494
or if you are Chinese scum you just obtain the secret through corporate/industrial espionage and give zero fucks about rewarding the innovators holding the patent.

Filthy fucking Chinese scum.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/24/fox-news-investigation-dod-funded-school-at-center-federal-probes-over-suspected-chinese-military-ties.html
>>
did that atf ruling on wet powder being transported get reversed
>>
>>33109494
Cheap 5.45
>>
>>33109701
You had me at shekels.
>>
>>33109526
This, Slidefire is struggling, partly because the owner isn't that great of a business man, and mostly because he spent a ton of money on that BFR crap and at the same time bought a big ass warehouse and industrial loading equipment from some euro country (Swiss I think?).

Although this is the same guy that bought a GT 500 Mustang just because the dealer wouldn't let him test drive it.
>>
>>33109494
Getting into anything in mass production requires a lot of starting money. Millions. I doubt you have that unless you won the lottery or some shit.

What you should do if you have the money is get the license and equipment to make guns then build guns as products for other start up companies that have new or redesigns of old weapons or established companies that for whatever reason want their shit made there.

Maybe have a fall back plan in making so you can easily change your factory over to making tactical sex toys or something just in case.
>>
>>33109494
>how viable would it be to start up a company to manufacture ammunition?
Not very, unless you're dong the cheapest of cheapshit reman, have the capability to procure millions of pallets' worth of components a year, and could get labor cheaply enough to make it profitable without being a humongous liability.
>is there a demand that's not being met?
A few, but they're extremely niche and unprofitable, which is why they're not being met.
-new production ammo for "obsolete" milsurp like .303, 7mm mauser, 7.5x55, etc.
-actually jacketed subsonic ammunition for the suppressor market, especially cheap .300blk and .22lr.

>>33109751
No

>>33109805
It's already cheap, I doubt you could make it any cheaper without grenading guns.
>>
>>33109494
Just make steel case 9mm fmj exclusively.
>>
>>33109994
>cheap .300blk and .22lr.
Maybe focusing on .22 production alongside the more common ammo variants (9mm, .223, etc) would work?
>>
>>33109494

There's money in niche manufacturing. That's about it.
>>
>>33109494
Even if you could find a viable market, the metric ass-ton ( the technical term ) of regulation on not only small business but firearm related businesses will make in nearly impossible for you to turn a profit.
>>
>itt, people with no experience in manufacturing, marketing, or production line equipment make up some bullshit about something or other
>>
>>33109494
cheap .25 ACP because it's currently 50 goddam cents/round
(if you really want you can bundle a case with a Raven Arms Sat. Night Special for $50)
>>
File: beowulf.jpg (29KB, 700x317px)
beowulf.jpg
29KB, 700x317px
I would get a big bore ar upper if .458 socom or.50 beowulf ammo was more common and reasonably priced
>>
>>33109494
You would have to start by making special snowflake loads.
>>
>>33109494
Just be like Buffalo Bore. Come up with a cool name and charge $175 for 150 rounds of standard pressure 115 grain 9mm ball.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.