[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First gun problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

File: 20170224_194350.jpg (748KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170224_194350.jpg
748KB, 2560x1440px
I just got my first gun this afternoon, a cheap ass WASR,
and it doesn't seem to be seating any of the ammunition I try to chamber, and when I eject the cartridges they either barely exit the gun, or are propelled across the room with enough force to put divots in the opposite wall 10 feet away.
I haven't gotten to fire it yet, I'm just on function checking so far, and I could use some help finding and fixing the problem.
Is my ejector just all kinds of fucked, or what?
>>
File: 20170224_194402.jpg (769KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170224_194402.jpg
769KB, 2560x1440px
>>33108536
Closeup of the chamber.
Not sure how that got flipped upside down.
>>
>>33108536
Can you wobble an inserted magazine from front to back?
>>
>>33108549
Is that as far as the bolt closes?
>>
>>33108554
No, there is almost no magwobble whatsoever.
>>33108569
The bolt closes further, but not typically when there is ammunition in the gun.
I have 20 rounds of steel case 7.62x39, and I've just been cycling them through the gun.
about 2 out of 20 will seat fully, but it doesn't seem to be the same ones every time.
The rounds that seat fully are also the ones that eject at ~warp 10.
I mean, one of them stuck nose first in my oak door 12 feet from the rifle.
>>
Post pic of ammo box and cartridge
>>
>>33108685
The super hard ejection is what you are supposed to get with an AK. Your recoil spring might be a shit causing the bolt to not be fully seating every time.
>>
>>33108536
Is there a date on the left side of the Rifle, or anything it might be made in 2015, or 16?

I had two WASR 10/63s a while back that both had dates like "1973" or something, so I guess they were using parts kits and then having their monkeys at Century make receivers for them.
Both of them required over 200-300 rounds for the rifles to end up working, and they had the same problem as your rifle. If you take it apart you might even be able to see where the bolt is hanging up (itll be a shiney spot), mine had to sheer off a little from the bolt and trunnion before it would work, which happened through lots of rounds and just cycling the rifle over and over again.

I have a new WASR that was made in 2015 (the serial number will have a -15 or something like that, and all the parts are new) and it works flawlessly.

Those early WASRs are garbage, but after you break them in they seem to start working.
>>
>>33108536
You posted this same thread like 2 days ago. How about you shoot it before complaining that it isn't working you fucking moron?

It's not """""cycling""""" because you're manually cycling it, and I'd bet $10 and my first blowjob that you're riding the bolt closed. Pull back, then release it you fucking child. If you can't figure that out, you shouldn't own a gun.
>>
File: gun_2_head.jpg (19KB, 539x300px) Image search: [Google]
gun_2_head.jpg
19KB, 539x300px
>>33108716
>>33108711
>>33108700
>>33108685
>>33108569
>>33108554
He is manually cycling the gun. He hasn't even shot it yet. Stop trying to help him because there is nothing wrong with his gun, he is just a mongoloid hand cycling it and riding the bolt back instead of letting it slam closed.
>>
>>33108685
just shoot it and worry if you have problems during live fire. your going to fuck up the few bullets you have now by repeatedly rechambering. i bet your doing stupid noob shit like riding the bolt and will probably end up nd like a dumbfuck if you keep playing with it
>>
>>33108728
This guy may not be subtle but he's probably right OP.
>>
>>33108536
Are you riding the bolt forward or are you letting it slam with full force?
>>
>>33108536
Stop riding the charging handle home you Mongoloid
>>
File: 1451932625006.png (21KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1451932625006.png
21KB, 900x900px
>>33108754
please tell me you're not riding the bolt forward OP....
>>
>>33108685

Well this fucking idiot is practically inviting a ND.

He's beyond helping.
>>
oh he's definitely riding the bolt forward. Everyone does this with their first AK. Welcome to hasguns OP now gtfo
>>
Sorry for the break
>>33108716
The date is 1964, and all the parts seem to be matching. I also can't find any excessively worn parts when I take it down.
>>33108728
I actually have not posted it before.
And the bolt sometimes sticks forward, too, even when unloaded.
Cycling it at all requires a rubber mallet 50% of the time.
>>33108754
No, I'm just letting it go.
>>33108739
It's a $5 box of lightly rusted wolf ammo from about the same period of manufacture as the rifle.
I doubt if this stuff can be made to function less well than it already would have.
>>
>>33109118
>lightly rusted wolf ammo
your a fucking idiot
>>
>>33109118
>It's a $5 box of lightly rusted wolf ammo

Kek. "lightly rusted" Go back to playing vidya, and toss the rifle, knucklehead.
>>
>>33109118
Someone posted an identical thread two days ago. 90% of threads are shit repeats. Pull all the way back and release. Maybe your gun needs to wear in a little. Have you cleaned and oiled your gun? Take the bolt carrier apart and lube it. Lube the outside of your barrel where the carrier rides on it. Find where it is catching; it should show wear marks where it is catching. Kill yourself. Put oil or grease on anywhere you think it is catching. On my new guns I always clean them and lube the shit out of them before I shoot them the first time. Then I clean them again and very lightly oil.
>>
>>33109118
>Cycling it at all requires a rubber mallet 50% of the time.

LMFAO!!1111!!!!!111!!!
>>
>>33109118
Well if I were you, I'd get some wd40 or something to just give it a tiny bit of lubricant, then put something on the TV to watch and just cycle it over and over and over again for like 30mins (pull the bolt all the way back and let it slam home). That's seriously what I had to do with both of my old WASRs, then go to the range and put 300rds through it.

And dont use rusted ammo you idiot.
>>
>be me
>have hard time in high school
>buy AK
>buy rusted ammo
>damn gun is broke plz help
>>
Who shat in your collective cornflakes?
>>33109172
>>33109184
It's a bit of surface rust, and I really don't intend to fire it.
I just got it with the rifle so I would know ahead of time if it would function so I could plan ahead for either a bayonet, or new components.
If you want to help, please be as abrasive as you want, but otherwise I'm sure you have better threads to shit up.

I'm also not entirely certain the ejector is supposed to be quite this violent.
I headed out to the sidewalk and measured out about 50 feet marked with strips of tape, and some of these things are ejecting more than 30 feet, which is kind of cool, but would probably be a detriment to more social types of shooting.
>>
File: 1484380032173.jpg (5KB, 222x220px)
1484380032173.jpg
5KB, 222x220px
>>33109287
>I headed out to the sidewalk
>>
>>33109197
>>33109224
I took it down first thing after I got it home, and I think that any more lubricant would start to impede functionality.
I'll just spend a few days with it first, I guess, then see if it starts to function normally.
>>
File: 1481158995562.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1481158995562.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>33109337
>I think that any more lubricant would start to impede functionality.

Alright, that's it, I'm out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9bOT_d60LM
>>
File: swag.jpg (82KB, 960x635px) Image search: [Google]
swag.jpg
82KB, 960x635px
>>33109287
>plan ahead for bayonet
Dude bayonets are $20, if you have to plan ahead for a $20 purchase then you shouldn't have spend the $600 for a Wasr. I'd have spent the money on moving out of mommy and daddies place.

It's an AK. It launches spent casings into the next town, did you do any research before you bought? Mine has put casings onto 2nd floor roof of my dads house from 30 feet away. My AK74 doesn't even do that. My 20" A2 deposits all the brass into a neat pile about 3 feet away. The wasr sends them into fucking space.
>>
>>33109336
It's basically a ghetto, so rent is really cheap here.
Also, in my experience, the extent to which people will fuck with you is inversely proportional to how crazy you happen to look at that particular time.
Ain't nobody going to screw with some guy in flip-flops and a field jacket playing with an AK and a roll of duct tape after dark.
>>
>>33109337
I'll take the bait.
>not functioning correctly
>offered solution
>na it might not function correctly
Aim that gun into the sky and place your head between the two.
>>
>>33108536
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/24/fox-news-investigation-dod-funded-school-at-center-federal-probes-over-suspected-chinese-military-ties.html

You ready to fight the Red Chinese menace?

If you spot Chicom corporate or industrial espionage, REPORT REPORT REPORT it.
>>
File: 1444785035554.jpg (10KB, 261x186px)
1444785035554.jpg
10KB, 261x186px
>>33109373
>Ain't nobody going to screw with some guy in flip-flops and a field jacket playing with an AK and a roll of duct tape after dark.
>>
>>33109355
>>33109374
Everything is fully lubed up, to put any more on I would basically need an oil bath.
I have also always been told to be very careful about over lubrication, I just figured to follow the fuddlore for the time being.
>>
>>33109373
How is Detroit?
>>
>>33109472
Actually it's a shitty college city called Eau Claire in Wisconsin.
Everyone here is either gay, black, or liberal, and the guns are massively overpriced.
Also it just snowed about a foot between 3 and 5 this morning.
Solid 7/10, we just got a new hardee's.
>>
>>33108536

The WASR is a Romanian import with a single stack mag. Century modifies the receivers to accept standard AK double stack mags with very mixed levels of success.

Your gas piston might be fucked up, as this apparently happens when the $8/hour window lickers at Century bang on the receivers with lug wrenches and chainsaws. The rounds aren't seating because a loose or bent gas piston is hanging up. Banging on your cocking handle/bolt carrier with a mallet to seat the round is not only dangerous, but could have fucked up your rifle to the point of gunsmith/factory repair. Plus, trying to cycle rusty, yet live, ammunition through a malfunctioning weapon is beyond foolish.

I recommend you get a new hobby.
>>
>>33110628
I absolutely did not seat the bolt forward with a mallet, I only tapped it lightly to unstick it from the front, and the ammunition in question really isn't that rusty.
I didn't see anything wrong with the gas piston, but I'll look into it again tomorrow.
The internals are also in good repair, it looks like it just came out of the crate (it even still had some cosmoline on the recoil spring), so there was no more chance of an ND than putting a few fresh out of the box .223 remington shells through the action of an AR.
I'm not quite that dumb.
>>
>>33108728
id like to hear more about this first blowjob
>>
>>33109373

>Dat cracka got an ak47 we shud steal it when he ain't home
>>
>>33110867
I'll be putting it in my trunk whenever I leave the house, and keeping it with me in the house.
I also plan to move out sometime next month.
>>
>>33110803
>there was no more chance of an ND than putting a few fresh out of the box .223 remington shells through the action of an AR.

That's still not the same thing as cycling rusty ammo through a malfunctioning weapon, fool.

You stated that you're a "first time gun owner" that has been smacking a fucked up rifle with a mallet to try to make it work like you think it should.

If you don't have the common sense to understand how fucked up wrong that is, there's really nothing more anyone could say to help you except leave the fucking thing alone until you get it in the hands of a knowledgeable person who has the skills to repair it or declare it junk and safely destroy it.
>>
>>33109197
yeah make sure to clean the wasr really well, when century mills out the magwell to take doublestack mags it gets metal chips everywhere inside the receiver. Somehow they even managed to get all the way to the gas block and piston head on my rifle. Also wear gloves when cleaning out the chips they tend to become really nasty hardened steel slivers that imbed into your palm or lie dormant after several hand washings and end up getting stuck in your dick hours later.
>>
>>33109671
dwarf craft guitar pedals are made there. love that dude.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.