[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What knives does /k/ trust?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_8610.jpg (53KB, 800x587px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8610.jpg
53KB, 800x587px
Hi /k/, I've got a question for you. I'm sorry if there is a knife general already, please direct me if so. I want to know what types of knives are best for fending off a mugger attacking me with a knife (switchblade??) or shank. Say it's late at night, I live in the city and I'm walking home alone back from fun times and I walk past an alleyway and I mugger tries to to mug me. Now, I know a gun is the best way to protect yourself from these types but for whatever reason (maybe it's the country I'm in) I've only got my knife on me. What do you trust to protect yourself? Must be concealable and at least mostly convenient
>>pic semi related
>>
File: CRwcMg3XIAAiLQS.jpg (55KB, 598x469px) Image search: [Google]
CRwcMg3XIAAiLQS.jpg
55KB, 598x469px
>>33105959
I suggest ballistic knives.
>>
Get in a knife fight, you're both gonna get cut.

Enjoy your AIDS if you survive.
>>
File: 2017-02-24 15.50.40.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-24 15.50.40.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>33105959
>>
>>33105980
Not the point of the thread but k thanks
>>33105971
Kek
>>33105986
Can you tell me why you trust this knife in a knife fight?
>>
File: ECO082_0.png (248KB, 900x660px) Image search: [Google]
ECO082_0.png
248KB, 900x660px
>>33105959
>Must be concealable and at least mostly convenient
It's called a pocket knife. Really if you expect to be mugged, pack a gun and a stab vest.

If you really must shank the fucker, bring along some pepper spray or pocket sand. He'll be temporally blinded, giving you some time to shank him.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3021x2914px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3021x2914px
It's not a fighting knife but I'd trust my life to it. I carry it scout style behind my hip
>>
>>33106006
>knife fight
you already lost.
>>
>>33106069
You want an x26 taser. That way he'll be immobile while you stab him.
>>
>>33106069
So you advise when not carrying a gun to have other implements on you? Kek I guess I could've thought of that. I'm kinda just curious about what I should have if I absolutely have to knife fight >>33106121
Yeah yeah
>>
>>33106069
What pocket knives would give me the best advantage?
>>
The biggest fucking one you can find
There two rules to a knife fight:
1. You're going to cut
2. Don't get into a knife fight
>>
>>33106600
Get cut**
>>
>>33106600
Uh ok
>>
find a self defense school ran by exmilitary/ex-police in your area and complete the course.
>>
>>33106600
In fact don't even draw a knife, because even if you win you are fucked for the rest of your life.
>>
>armchair philosophers spewing fudd logic about knife fighting
Your not supposed to fight other people with knives, you're supposed to attack the unarmed.
>>
>>33107359
Kek it's hypothetical
>>33107351
Talking about knives
>>33107588
Good point, but I want advice in case it happens
>>
>>33109968
so you'd rather get advice on a good self defense knife from a 12 y/o on 4ch rather than from a pro who will also teach you how to use it?
>>
I carry a knife or two on me everyday, but in the event of conflict, I don't think I would go for a knife, unless it was truly life or death. At 6'2" 190lbs I think I can wrestle a motherfucker or two to the ground and get away, kick some chins and stomp some heads.
>>
>>33110621
He didn't exactly elaborate on his point. Like yeah I get it they could teach me but I was asking y'all because holy shit wait for it.....
Wait
Wait...

This is /k/ faggot!!
>>
>>33107359
Also this. So let's say you get arrested for kicking in someone's teeth. That's a lot better than using a KNIFE.
>>
>>33110667
Stick with the scenario in op faggot. Not asking about your manwild fantasies asking about what knife you trust to protect you against a mugger.
>>
>>33110697
Ok, the knife would HAVE to have a hand guard for stabbing then. Like a flipper. I had a Gerber Evo and it was almost a good defensive/ offensive WEAPON, but not a great knife. The hinge for the knife/handle would be too weak for a proper WEAPON.

I don't have any other suggestions, because a full on KA BAR would be the ultimate. Folding knives have limitations in their strength for stabbing. A Fixed blade KA BAR or big ass Ontario fixed blade would be what I'd want against a thug with a kitchen knife or .38 spl if I cannot have a gun.

To my knowledge a lot of counties have laws against folding knives with blades over 3.5" And blade isn't the same measurement as the manufacturer's edge, but what can stab, the whole metal piece that could reach the heart.
>>
>>33110679
OK faggot. so here's my answer to your super intriguing discussion:
there are professional trainers who will give you a children's discount at their school (since you are still under 13). they can answer every question you could possibly have about the "best" knife to carry for self defense. not only that they'd probably give you a knife for free. not only that they'd teach you how to kill with it. cool stuff huh?
>>
>>33110682
Using a knife is a lot better than getting beat up.
>>
>>33105959
>What do you trust to protect yourself?
Your fucking legs. Run your ass away from that fight because this isn't 70's gangland New York. You will get your shit fucked up with dozens of stitches, blood loss, bloodborne diseases and permanent motherfucking nerve damage.

I got into a knife fight when I was 22, thought I was sneaky reaching for my knife instead of my wallet. He stabbed me in the arm twice before I could even draw, I stabbed him in the shoulder, we both went to the ground and he carved a good 2 inches out of my fucking leg. Now I can't feel or move 2 fingers on my left arm and my left leg has a constant low-level tingle over the numbness and aching pain. He had the drop on me and still lost, suffering major blood loss and far more serious nerve damage.

You run the fuck away or carry a bat. I now carry a steel-core walking stick with a large bludgeoning head at the bottom for self defence and to lean on when I have to stand up for long periods because the cunt took a chunk of muscle out of my leg with one stab.

DO NOT GET INTO A KNIFE FIGHT.
>>
>>33106006
Multiple uses for many situations.
>>
>>33111311
That said, your only chance with a knife is a fixed blade, easily accessible, sheathed behind the back or on the hip. it honestly doesn't matter unless you're carrying something longer than a machete. The longer the better, built for slashing.
>>
>>33111311
>he didn't preemptivly strike
Fucking scrub
>>33111354
>built for slashing
Wouldn't he want a dagger like a silver trident or a mark 2?
>>
>>33111414
Jesus no. You want to build distance from your attacker, not get close and wind up with 8 stab wounds to the ribs because you momentarily lost concentration,
>>
You're not going to need a knife in a "knife fight". The only thing you can trust in that scenario is a shirt of good quality chain mail.
>>
>>33105959
>Walking alone in a sketch part of the city
Try your best to look like you're on meth.
Have good shoes for running
If all else fails empty your pockets

If you NEED to stab this guy whilst yourself getting stabbed, i dunno a sharp one with a pointy end will probably do.
>>
>self defense
>wants a knife

Wrong. That being said, benchmade 810. Just under 4 inch blade means you get around some knife laws, and it's jimping for a forward thrust is perfect for people that can't hold on to anything.
>>
>>33110847

>Gerber
>good weapon

Kek, nice chink cutout knife. I'd rather have a letter opener
>>
>>33113057
I've had the same fold out gerber for about 6-7 years, still holds up....I'd rather take that letter opener instead too, sharpened they are a great throwaway dagger
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.