[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Carrying a Fixed Blade in Cali

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: s-l225.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
s-l225.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
California fag here

Its illegal to conceal a fixed blade in california, and id like to carry my 140 without getting a bunch of dirty looks. What can I do?
>>
>>33105851
get a sheath wear it on a belt or something
>>
>>33105916

Well of course.

That's where all my fellow califags get scared and call the police or whatever those fucks would do
>>
>>33105930
most calmmunist faggots would give you a dirty look for even knowing this forum exists, I wouldn't be surprised if they do call the cops for you having a knife in a sheath, but you need to decide if you're willing to deal with that in exchange for having a method to defend yourself. Cali sucks, but get a sheath for your knife on your belt is the best you can get, open carry is a way of dissuading you from carrying one in the first place
>>
>>33105851
Leather sheath.
Too tacticool and you get looks. And of course too long a blade and you catch attention as well.
Most people I know just go with a solid folder.
>>
>>33106230

I do have the sheath for it. I can comfortably carry it vertically on my side and horizontal on my back - which I find to be the most discreet and comfortable for this issue. I could just carry my large folders, but i want to carry this fixed blade.
>>
>>33106291
I usually have a problem if I do a horizontal carry on my back (getting caught on a chair arm when sitting down) but if that's what you find most discreet I say go for it
>>
>>33105851
What part of California do you live in?

If it's in a major city, you'll probably get some dirty looks. If it's a rural part or even a smaller city, you can probably get away with it.

Matt Freeman, a knifemaker who lives in Fresno, open carries the fixed blades he makes all the time. But then again, it's Fresno. Your mileage may vary.
>>
>>33109275
Yea Charlie Mike that shit.
>>
>>33109275

Central. Most of the people here are sheep, so I'll get dirty looks. I get dirty looks if i use my folder...
>>
boot knife
>>
File: 1478462305333.png (1MB, 5760x3456px) Image search: [Google]
1478462305333.png
1MB, 5760x3456px
Conceal a fixed blade.
>>
>>33105851
It's fine. I actually carry an all black Nimravus in this state.
>>
>>33110836
>>33110612

Illegal
>>
>>33110879

I'm going to start. But im also underage, so that might go against my cause. How do you carry yours?
>>
>>33105851
I used to carry a full sized Ka Bar everywhere, nobody did a damn thing, then I moved to AZ and now have a 357 on me. Get over it man, if you're not being a jackass, cops won't do anything
>>
>>33111135
Usually I carry it on the belt in the front while /out/. I have a folding Benchmade for around town duty.
>>
>>33111135
If you're under 18, you gonna get banned. And you'll probably have legal issues regarding carrying/buying knives.

So, buy cheap gas station fixed blades. Have a couple in reserve. One gets confiscated, pull the next one out of the lineup.

Also consider carrying some nontraditional weapons. A Duncan yo-yo can do some grievous damage if you use it right.
>>
>>33107107
Why is your back where your arms go?
>>
>>33110436
CM it?
>>
File: 1454797767350.gif (436KB, 182x179px) Image search: [Google]
1454797767350.gif
436KB, 182x179px
>>33111115

How is anyone going to find out?... It's concealed
>>
>>33112235
>legal issues buying knives when under 18
Are Amerifats actually this cucked? Jesus Christ
>>
>>33105851
>Its illegal to conceal a fixed blade in california, and id like to carry my 140 without getting a bunch of dirty looks. What can I do?

Buy a nice folder and carry that instead. Big 5 has those H&K by Benchmade knives on sale for $20 all the time. In fact, the Unsub and the Citation are on sale right this minute. Nice knives. I carry mine around Oakland and Hayward all the time. Totally legal.
>>
>>33105851
>Its illegal to conceal a fixed blade in california, and id like to carry my 140 without getting a bunch of dirty looks. What can I do?

Move to Arizona
>>
>>33105851
As in carrying it in public? That's just stupid.
>>
>>33112402

Kek, i have a large collection of folders. It's about carrying my 140 because I spent 230$ on it and I don't carry it around nearly as much as I'd like to.
>>
>can carry a fixed blade the size of my arm on my belt
>can't carry a cheapass switchblade because "muh auto"
state laws are strange...you can carry a sword in most states but if you have a dinky 3 incher that is automatic the fuzz with rape you in the butt with his gun
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 700x457px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 700x457px
How do cooks bring their knives to work? Concealed?
>>
>>33109275
Was not expecting to see the Fresno Felon's name on this board
>>
>>33111111
>>
>>33113268
>state laws are strange...you can carry a sword in most states but if you have a dinky 3 incher that is automatic the fuzz with rape you in the butt with his gun

Also, full-auto switchblades are a felony in CA, but spring-assisted folders (like the abovementioned Benchmade H&K knives) are perfectly legal.

Also, you can't have an AR-15 because scary pistol grip. But you can have a Mini 14 that does exactly the same thing because no scary pistol grip. And you can have a scary pistol grip on an M&P 15-22 because our assault weapons law specifically exempts rimfire. Which all makes sense because... uhm...
>>
>>33112987
>Kek, i have a large collection of folders. It's about carrying my 140 because I spent 230$ on it and I don't carry it around nearly as much as I'd like to.

Go innawoods. Nobody will care.
>>
>>33105851
Get a life, bin that knife!
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.