[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OICW

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: OICW.jpg (83KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
OICW.jpg
83KB, 800x600px
What went wrong?
>>
>>33101924
>women in combat
>women in combat, in control over automatic grenade launchers

too risky for 2020's army
>>
>>33101924
Everything. It was a bad idea to begin with.
>>
>>33101930
>medic sees woman soldier covered in blood
>Where're you hit?
>No. It's alright. I'm fine.
>You're not! What's wrong?
>I'm fine.
>Seriously, you have to tell me what's wrong!
>I'm fine.
>I don't have time for this. Just use your IFAK.
>I just think it's funny how...
>medic commits Harakiri with his bayonet
>>
>>33101972
Kek.

I got out as they were letting female officers into artillery units (13P) and our female oficer just made us rearrange furniture in the poc the entire time in field problems. I shit you not the steriotype "no let's move this here... no let's try here... no I think it would look better over here". Every field problem. We finally had to take it to our BC due to no training ever getting done.
>>
military put completely unrealistic goals, "we want everything and the kitchen sink and light as a feather", just like with the SPIW project.
>>
>>33101924
Whole program was retarded.

To put it in perspective it was if you ask someone to make axe and knife into single tool and they gave you spear.
>>
Semi auto. As both the Chinks and South Koreans have demonstrated, the concept is workable if the GL component is bolt action, the army was insistent on semi auto. As evidenced by the later stage prototypes before the program was cut, the final outcome wouldn't have been near as stupidhuge and awkward as the better known earlier examples.

All that said, the whole idea of combi-guns is dumb. Its just that you can definitely make it work if you force it.
>>
>>33101924
The military always fucks up any opportunity to get something cool and always will. Also, that project was retarded and that thing is huge.
>>
>>33102812
Whats the point of a combined gun/grenade launcher, when you can just fire grenades at anything you would shoot a gun at?
>>
>>33101989
Welcome to the fucking armed forces
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 472x197px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 472x197px
>>33101924
It's fucking huge and autistic looking.
>>
>>33101924
Someone thought of it and had it made.
>>
File: XM25_July_2009.jpg (381KB, 1920x1275px) Image search: [Google]
XM25_July_2009.jpg
381KB, 1920x1275px
>>33102949
That's why we eventually got this out of it. And even then the program has run into issues.
>>
>>33103014
>flattireindetroit.gif
>>
>>33103704
why's it gotta be so boxy
>>
>>33103884
Because its a 25mm grenade launcher? How would you make it smaller?
>>
>>33103910
get rid of all the unnecessary covering?
>>
>>33105096
hmm yes why didn't the engineers think of this
you're hired
>>
>>33101924
More like, what didn't go wrong?

Amiritethough? Ba dun tsss, be here all week.
>>
File: ---.png (212KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
---.png
212KB, 400x400px
>>33101924
Look at it

Just fucking look at it

Do you think that thing would be practical or tactical in anything resembling conditions of austerity and hardship?

99% of war is dealing with living in shit conditions, and that thing would make those shit conditions even more shit by an order of magnitude
>>
>>33102949
Because you can't throw or shoot grenades at people, it's intentional law. No shit look it up. If you have directly line of sight you need to shoot them with the gun.
>>
>>33106167
Haha wow this is not true
>>
>>33106199
I want day/k/are to go. Educate yourself, faggot.

http://www.loc.gov/rr/frd/Military_Law/pdf/RC-Weapons.pdf
>>
>>33103783
>>/pol/
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.