[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rock Island M206

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5685.jpg (386KB, 2944x1656px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5685.jpg
386KB, 2944x1656px
I'm thinking of getting a new gun for self defense.

I'm on a tight budget (less than $250) and I'm looking for a concealed carry gun that won't fail me or blow up in my hand, and will be reliable.

I have a small frame so concealing anything much bigger than a .38 snub concealed would be difficult.

I was doing some research and a place near where I live sells these Rock Island M206 6 shot revolvers. I've read they're reliable if a bit simplistic, and they're inexpensive.

Today I did some searches at local pawn shops and gun stores for used pistols of this type and didn't see any, but a place nearby carries these new for about $220.

Anyone got experience with these or know anything? Do I severly need to spend more or find a better brand or will this little fucker do just fine for what I need it for?
>>
>>33101256
>reliable if a bit simplistic,
thats not a bad thing, and they're fine, nothing fancy hence the low cost, and technically can handle +p rounds
>>
>>33101266

OP here, Thanks for the input.

It always helps to know at least other people aren't telling stories of how a certain gun blew up and took two of their fingers off online.

It doesn't look like any "Saturday night special" I've ever seen and I know revolvers are generally more reliable than automatics (at the very least in the low price range) but every now and then a gun gets made that just has something wrong with it like a certain part that breaks too easily or a tendency to shoot loose after 400~500 rounds.
>>
check out that zastava 9mm that was around 200 recently
I wouldn't trust a cheap revolver.
>>
File: image.jpg (492KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
492KB, 1536x2048px
>>
>>33101378

I'll take a look.
First review I saw looks passable. Aside from him complaining about the magazine getting stuck.
>>
>>33101407

What's this? It says Bulgaria. Got a model ID?
>>
>>33101378
Ehhhhh come on now, cheap revolvers like these may be ugly, they may be gritty to shoot but they are also reliable, rugged and small. Don't try to act like your Tok clone is any better (or worse) for what OP wants than a <$300 revolver.

>>33101256
Now OP, let me offer some food for thought. Do you really want a gun so badly right now that you couldn't possibly wait a few months? If you were able to get by with a lock in a sock or a hammer (I carried a 12oz ball peen with the handle cut down some my first year of college) could you make if for anothet few months to save up to a used S&W J-frame? I see them pop up now and then on armslist for around $350. The best thing about it is if you get one around $300, you'll be able to sell it for that much or more basically until you die. The revolver you're looking at will dramatically depreciate in value as soon as you take it home. If you were to get a nice little Smith, you'll have something to sell/trade in later or a solid first gun that will last many lifetimes.

>>33101438
That's a Bulgarian Makarov. Look up Makarov pistol on Google and you'll get more than you can read. Classic has them for $300 right now. Maks are reliable, compact and fun little guns to shoot and carry. Bigger than the revolvers we've mentioned but only by a little bit.
>>
>>33101492

I'll look into smiths a bit more at least. I'm not in a huge hurry, no.
I'll peek at the makarov, too but the size may be an issue. Every little bit counts with me, believe it or not.

Thanks for the input.
>>
>>33101378
whats up with people shilling this shit so hard for a cheap ccw lately?

DO NOT CARRY A FULLSIZE SINGLE STACK SLAV ABORTION.

its like you want to die....
>>
File: IMG_7894.jpg (60KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7894.jpg
60KB, 800x600px
>>33101492

If I can get a little extra money I may be able to upgrade to a S&W "chief's special" from the looks of it based on the local gun store's online list of stock.

It only holds 5 shots instead of 6 but the difference in quality does look perceivable. I could live with one less round for the quality improvement. This isn't about taking on a gang like Mel Gibson in Payback, it's like if one guy with a knife tries to mug me. And the name Smith and Wesson is certainly more well known.
>>
>>33101589

Not sure if serious.

Yes I've looked, it's not a concern. I have enough income to allow me to not have a problem with ammo. If I was going to be shooting every single day it might be an issue but going to a range once every 4 months or so and shooting off maybe a box or two at most isn't going to break my bank.
>>
>>33101521
comrade, pistol is of steel maker
when magazine empty, throw pistol as final blow to enemy
>>
>>33101577
Id probably save the the SW but the RA would work fine.
>>
>>33101407
Find a makarov for less than 250.

It's not 05 anymore.
>>
OP, there is a reason those guns are $220.

Compared to a Smith and Wesson Airweight, they are over 10 oz. heavier, aren't rated for +P despite the fact that they are 10 oz. heavier, have significantly worse factory support (S&W's CS is not Ruger's CS, but they're far better than almost all of their other competitors), and the double action trigger on them absolutely sucks by comparison.

If at all possible, you should consider saving a little longer and getting one of the aforementioned Airweights instead. They are far better guns for concealed carry than an Armscor M206. If your priority is, as you say, "a concealed carry gun that won't fail me or blow up in my hand, and will be reliable," then the marginal increase in price you pay for a S&W is absolutely worth it.

https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/ss-2953

That's $330 shipped, for example.
>>
>>33102798
Drop your mag and end him rightly
>>
New 442 Pro on Gunbroker for less than $400.

Thar RIA gun will work OK. But save your money and get the S&W.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.