[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Optic Problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (4KB, 276x176px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 276x176px
Has anyone ever had problems with their glass fogging up as soon as you walk outside in humid weather? I want an MRO with some good BUIS, but with my experience so far my glass has always fogged up immediately. That isn't too good for SHTF, have you /k/ommandos ever had a problem with this as well?
>>
>>33100005

Never had this problem, be careful what you use to clean your optics. Always use a proper lens cloth, anything harsher will murder the anti-fog coating.
>>
>>33100213
I'm assuming I must have done something like that to my old optic then, For context the old optic was a Strike Eagle. I didn't know if the anti-fog thing was strictly the gas purging for the internal or if it was external as well.
>>
>>33100246
when it says sealed and gas purged it means the inside of the sight has been filled with nitrogen and permanently sealed

This keeps fog from forming up on the internals of the optic, which would be particularly bad.

Anti fog coating keeps fog from forming up on the outside surfaces of the lenses.
>>
>>33100005
Yeah, but I had a shit optic. With optics, you should only be buying quality.
>>
>>33100005

Are you talking about fog inside out outside of the optic

if it's inside your sight is fucked and needs to be repaired
>>
>>33100266
So, I can clean the optic with the provided cloth pretty easily. But if cleaning it with anything else will get rid of the coating it sounds pretty sensitive. Does it ever get taken off in the field? and if so, is there a way to re-apply?

>>33100303
It was outside, I was able to remove it pretty easily but it would just fog right back up.
>>
>>33100316
What were the atmospheric conditions? There's only so much a lense coating can do before thermodynamics overrule it.
>>
>>33100340
I really noticed it after it rained and it was very humid.
>>
>>33100369
Hot out? Cold?

I live in a very cold dry climate so I can't comment much on your experience, but I can say that taking a rifle from a 95 degree cabin (blazing fire in the woodstove) to -40 outside causes problems that I've never known any coating to defeat.
>>
>>33100428
And this is why I'm thinking about investing in some Troy tritium iron sights. As much as I want a nice piece of glass, for SHTF I need something that will work day or night no matter the weather.
>>
>>33100481
Or you could not rapidly transition the gun between extreme environments, which is the root of the problem. Leave your gun in a case outside, or a room with the windows open.

Incidentally this is something musicians have to deal with with instruments as well.
>>
>>33100511
>or a room with the windows open
and the interior door closed, I meant to add.
>>
>>33100511
I mean that's fine in idea but in practicality I can't always make either of those happen and still be able to get to my weapon as quickly as I'd like. I would be more likely to add some canted iron sights to work if my optic does fog.
>>
>>33100005

I just want to point out that in your SHTF situation, you'll likely not have cold air conditioning and hot heated buildings causing vast temperature differences where your optics fog.

If the electricity is on and the air-conditioning is working, people will be watching TV, not SHTFing.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.