[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

p-pls n-no bully

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 1421858354455.jpg (184KB, 1100x1604px) Image search: [Google]
1421858354455.jpg
184KB, 1100x1604px
okay i live in a AWB state (CT)
yes i know move, im going to school here, after i will be.

what gun do i get if it cant be an AR or "Assault weapon variant"

Pre ban lowers here are 1200$...
>>
Who gives a shit.

CT shouldn't be a real state, you're a highway between the real New England and Jew York.
>>
File: IMG_3596.jpg (689KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3596.jpg
689KB, 2048x1536px
>>33097463
hi, my strong recommendation is a shotgun. you didn't really specify if you want something for defensive purposes, or for sporting recreation or hunting but.. a remington 870 is a very good choice among a strong field of contenders for all of the above stated purposes. they can be had for a very low price tag, and can be modified for many different use cases. you can grab additional barrels at various different lengths for hunting, recreation and defense. same with ammo, a wide variety is available everywhere at very low prices

.t gunshop employee
>>
>>33097774
Ill consider it. Im leaning toward a rifle first, didnt know about the additional barrels, def something ill look into, thanks

>>33097493
agreed but here i am
>>
>>33097826
>ill look into shotguns

yeah mang, do you want a long gun for hunting? or strictly defense? your original post was super vague man. what do you want a gun for?
>>
>>33097870
Looking for more of a SHTF meme gun. Aslong as it can be accurate at like 3-500m. I have a pistol for CC and HD. I have a few 80% paper weights too for when I move out of the state. But until then I cant even do anything AW related.

But I can legally buy a mini 14 or m1a still so i dont understand that.
>>
File: 1476582487299.jpg (1MB, 1653x2944px) Image search: [Google]
1476582487299.jpg
1MB, 1653x2944px
>>33097902
>500m

Alright thing is, you will probably need an optic for that kind of range mang. Quality glass costs money. If by "SHTF meme gun" you mean something to cover defense and hunting out to 500m, well..

There are cheap bolt gun options certainly, you can pick up a friggin mossberg with a cheap nikon 3-9 x 40 on it for under $400 in various calibers such as .223, 30-06 or .308 for instance.

Really though, why 500m? Do you have much experience shooting? I mean, pretty much anything you want to hunt you can get within 200m of, and defensively when will you ever have to take a shot out to 150m or more? Again I recommend a shotgun, you can take down anything from doves to fucking grizzly bears with them and they can reach 150m like any other long gun.

What is your budget?
>>
>>33098046
are you the anon with that sis or are you just reporting that pic haha

and I have plenty of budget, I just cant rightfully spend the dosh on the AR, cuase broken down it would be..

$1200 for the lower
$500-1000 for a good upper
$1000 optic

Im willing to buy a rifle for like 1000 give or take a few hundred. It just pains my heart too much to spend 1200$ on something I can get for 50$ in any other state.
>>
>>33098046
and yes im a fairly experienced shooter, I just prefer a rifle variant for shtf. Your right I probably wont be shooting people out at 500m but I just like having the ability.
>>
File: nothing personal.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
nothing personal.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>33098112
>are you that anon
just reposting the pic

>you have to spend $1200 alone on a lower
man, I really don't know who or what lead you to believe such nonsense... You can buy a lower from say Anderson under $100 that will give you absolutely no problems.

>$500-1000 on an upp
Literally what the fuck? Not trying to bully desu senpai, but do you have any experience with long guns? Why do you think you need to spent such exorbitant amounts of money on simple parts??

Thing about "milspec" parts, at least for shit like lowers is.. They are milspec, man. A fucking $100 Anderson will do the trick. Buy a pre-built rifle from whatever brand you like for $700-1000 would be my advice. Get an M&P Sport II or something dude. For an optic I would grab something like a 1-8 with a throw lever. Maybe go check out Frank Proctor's videos on youtube..

>>33098152
Alright.. If you are experienced you wouldn't be asking these questions - straight up. You would know anything you want to eat you can, and should shoot at 200m or less, and that "defensive" shooting past like.. 150m doesn't even make sense.

Further, in your experience what caliber would you want that would cover both defensive and hunting purposes out to 500m? Real talk..
>>
>>33097774
>pump action
>not recommending a glorious sawed down O/A 20ga
Pump actions are scum.
>>
>meme gun

it sounds like you're asking for a bolt action that looks like a SCARY BLACK RIFLE...

why!?
>>
>>33097463
I live in CT and I'm going all in for a shotgun
>>
>>33098228
You don't understand anon, only lowers allowed here are pre ban 1994 lowers. They sell for 1200+. You can't buy any lowers besides those. It's illegal.
>>
File: 1481513216668.jpg (109KB, 900x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1481513216668.jpg
109KB, 900x1152px
>>33098378
Oh right right I got you. Sorry, I'm from Arizona, that shit just didn't register for me lol.

Let me put my opinion this way desu:

Which caliber will allow you to do both of the following?

1. Defend yourself out to 500m
2. Kill creatures you can eat out to 500m

I mean, there really isn't a good answer for that. Maybe you could say .223 right? But that puts you over budget given your situation.

If we drop your requirement down (to a more realistic 200m) requirement we have more options.

1. A shotgun, fucking ridiculously inexpensive, does everything
2. An AR or AK with iron sights

500m isn't necessary or realistic for anything apart from taking really long shots on game. And, it is really hard to find a caliber / platform combination that can both kill critters you want to eat and make sense for defense at such rangers. My advice is think 200-300meters and get rid of the notion of using an optic for cost reasons. Irons at 200m is chill.
>>
>>33098112
She ended up being a hooker, not his sister. She was still pretty cool once the money ran out though.
>>
>>33097463
sks
mini14
garand
ares scr
>>
I was under the impression that the Connecticut AWB was pretty much unenforced outside the capital.

Isn't the official estimate for non-compliance like 85%?
>>
>>33099775
the problem is finding someone to sell you a noncompliant gun. pre newtown it was pretty tough to privately buy a firearm, and back then it was still legal.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.