[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I Fuck Up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: IMAG2058.jpg (3MB, 4208x2368px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2058.jpg
3MB, 4208x2368px
What do you think /k/? Did I goof in buying this?

(9mm Taurus)
>>
>>33095785
yeah just trash it
>>
>>33095806
It's illegal to throw away guns retard
>>
Whatever works for you, Anon. If you enjoy shooting it, you've done good.
>>
>>33095785
Depends, how much did you pay?

Looks like a fine functional weapon. Maybe you could sell it for more however? Most likely it points and shoots just fine and that's the main reason you bought it right?
>>
>>33096769
>functional weapon
>Taurus
Pick one.
>>
File: 1479517063397.jpg (26KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1479517063397.jpg
26KB, 500x378px
>>33095815
>It's illegal to throw away guns
>actually believing that urban legend
>>
>>33096864
it depends on where he lives, in my state I have to surrender the gun to a PD, can't just toss em
>>
>>33096769
Little under $290 for it. Seems like all the guns in my town are expensive

>>33096880
Georgia, for reference

>>33096802
What's wrong with Taurus? Newgunfag here
>>
>>33095785
Taurus can be spotty on quality on certain models but all of the PT92 variants are pretty solid.
You did good anon.

Get ready for /k/ to make fun of you because anything they don't like is automatically shit for some reason.
>>
>>33097239
>shit for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fn6GFSwTEw
>>
>>33095785

Hey nice Beretta......oh, its a Taurus.
>>
>>33097197

Goddamn you overpaid boy. For being in GA too, shit.

hell, I would have given you a better deal on a gun that isn't a complete piece of shit
>>
>>33097239
>shit for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3XBzr2kJUw
>>
>>33097239
>shit for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpmdaap6oNE
>>
>>33097286
Fuck, that's not what I wanted to hear. How much do you think it was actually worth?
Also fuck living in a college town, why is shit so expensive compared to out in the country
>>
>>33095785
>Taurus
You goofed.
>>
>>33097239
>shit for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5F_rGLMfUQ

GEE I WONDER WHY PEOPLE SAY TAURUS ARE SHIT.
>>
>>33097351
Bruh why you post this three times?
>>
>>33097239
>Get ready for /k/ to make fun of you because anything they don't like is automatically shit for some reason.
There are a lot of gun owners on /k/ who have owned a Taurus at some point in the past. We are not making this up. Taurus has a terrible reputation for a reason.
>>
Guess if you guys want I can do a run down of it this weekend, bought a target was gonna go out in the country and practice at some point. Anything you guys want me to test? Shaking it to see if it fires, etc?
>>
File: what.jpg (203KB, 1889x846px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
203KB, 1889x846px
>>33097358
What?
>>
>>33097436
my bad, misread the youtube links as the same one three times
>>
also, what does anon recommend for carry ammo? I have some fmj for target shooting but havent decided beyond that
>>
Taurus QC is absolutely shit but occasionally you'll find one that functions flawlessly and they wind up being fun little plinkers.
>>
>>33095785

You just so happened to have picked the only Taurus product that isn't a complete pile of shit. Congratulations!

t. former PT92 owner
>>
>>33097893
complete luck for me then, I'm pretty new to handguns, and really guns in general. This one was used and at what I thought was a decent price (turns out it wasn't according to anon) and I really liked the wood grip and the weight.
>>
>>33097314

which college town?

IMO, I sold one of these to a pawn shop for $300 last year but I ripped them off as they only went by blue book. mine was in nicer condition though.

Realistically in your condition, it';s a 225-250 gun if it's one of the older (like 80's early 90's) models.

i mean, you didn't totally get fuckered, but you could have done better. but it's okay. you live and learn
>>
>>33098319
Athens

I guess I could have tried to bargain with the guy, but they're a decent size store, not a pawn shop. Didn't really think it was something I could do at the time. But yeah, lesson learned, for sure
>>
>>33095785
An unreliable gun that fires unreliable bullets.
>>
>>33098357

Wait? Franklin's or Clyde's? Cause either way you fucked up.

I used to live in that region. Make the drive up to Lavonia one day. LA Armory. Fine ass girl works there. They're pretty decent on some items. Pawn shop down the street is cheap on a lot of things. Guns & Gear off of I-85 has a lot of tactical shit.

There's also some good places in Monroe, Danielsville, and Cornelia. Cornelia might be a little too far of a drive for you, but well worth it. Forrest Lane Pawn is the best one.

Otherwise make the trip to Marietta and go to TruPrep.
>>
>>33098417
Franklin, went to clyde's and even i realized they were too high dollar
i'll have to check those places out. I hear there's a decent one in Colbert, too.
Ty anon
>>
>>33098441

No problem. Lived in the area for over 10 years. I'll admit that there are slim pickens, even back when I was up there.

Franklin and Clyde's are two of the biggest crooks in Northeast Georgia, if not the two biggest. Especially Clyde's.

But if you have a chance, go to the Atlanta Gun Show this weekend at the Expo or the one they'll have later in the year. You'll have plenty of chances to get good stuff, some of it cheap. I usually sell up there but won't this time around due to being busy and not really having anything to sell. Plus working on setting up some shit to apply for my FFL later this year now that Trump is in office.
>>
>>33098441
Also from Athens.
Clyde's has a nice supply, but I have a hard time trusting a store that looks like a fucking castle.
>>
>>33098483
yeah, i've always been tempted to go to the gunstore.
But i'll avoid franklin and clyde from now on, i'll see what my more gun inclined family members know around town, and next time i want something big i'll probably check out lavonia.
Honestly trump is the reason I bought a gun. Not necessarily opposed to him, but no matter what side you're on shit is definitely getting stirred up
>>
>>33098513
yeah, and if the guy has to make a point about how they don't make commission so they're totally unbiased on their recommendations... well. There's probably some kinda bonus system going on
>>
>>33098521

IIRC, there are also a few new places in Hartwell and Elberton now too. Royston has one pawn shop but they ain't got shit.

When I was living up there, shit was still developing but state of Georgia dropped a ton of money into the area. Fun fact: we sold some of our land to the State so they could pave a fuckhuge highway that absolutely wasn't needed.

only bad thing is it split our property into two properties and that's one reason why we ended up moving.
>>
>>33098553
might check out elberton, have some family that lives nearby in madison. Hartwell is a bit far for me unless there's some insane deal though.

Georgia has no sense when it comes to highways. Just look at 316
>>
>>33095785

> Taurus

Might as well get the one shot it's good for on yourself it will jam every time after that
>>
>>33095785
If it was made before 2000 it probably shoots fine and is safe enough to use.
If it's made after that I'm sorry, but it's a nice looking paperweight anyway.
>>
>>33097893
>>33098024
It's not really luck. All the worst tauruses have been discontinued stateside.
>>
>>33095785
My dad has one that works pretty well

just lube it and experiment with different magazines if it has problems. Everyone freaks out about their quality control but once you find a gun that actually works then what is the big deal? Go to a range and try it out and then make an opinion.
>>
>>33095785
you did fine. don't believe the bullshit about Taurus that gets spewed from these fucking faggot autists mouths. if you like the gun and it works, then you dun good. Le tawruss is shite maymay is perpetuated by men who are on the spectrum whom have also never owned a taurus. dont' sweat it OP.
>>
File: pewpew.jpg (67KB, 508x284px) Image search: [Google]
pewpew.jpg
67KB, 508x284px
>>33095785
i got a pt101 and got a 357sig barrel. total cost for me was still under $500 until i bought ammo of course.
its reliable but i don't carry it loaded because its a snowflake gun that could misfire. I'm confident it'll fire and eject no problem till the locking block cracks lmao.
>>
Should have gone with rock island armory
>>
>>33100599
the hell do you get a barrel like that? ive been looking for one for a while
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.