[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tier 1 Operator shoots BIL while drunk, Tier 1 sycophants suckle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: glock-special-19-roland-9.jpg (41KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
glock-special-19-roland-9.jpg
41KB, 1000x667px
Chuck Pressburg, an actual "operator" known almost totally by his online handle "Roland Deschain", was arrested recently for getting really drunk and shooting his brother in law in the leg.

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/local/35292810-75/story.csp

This guy is essentially a total unknown, although he does have a small claim to fame in being the "namesake" for a configuration of the G19 which is notable only for including a compensator- the "roland special", pictured. It's just a G19 with a light, RMR, and threaded barrel with a compensator, but has turned into the latest and greatest cool kid thing in most tier 1 knobgobbler circles.

This is actually most noteworthy because Pressburg, despite residing in NC, is somehow a reserve officer of a New Mexico police department- which has 3 officers including the chief. Given the phrasing of the article, the fact that the guy is a reserve officer is his most distinguishing characteristic, despite probably only belonging to the department for easy national carry and possibly getting restricted equipment (most likely just the former though, not hard to get LEO equipment with the proper hookups). Also, this NM PD is from a town of 400 people, and apparently the chief likes to make random tier one dudes reserves for shits and giggles, because it certainly isn't for policing the streets of Lake Arthur. It's also funny to read that he was "placed on administrative leave".

Consider it a lesson in over familiarization with firearms and also the perils of intoxicated firearms handling. Pressburg was 0.25 BAC when tested after the shooting, which by most standards, is exceptionally tanked. By all standards he is clearly a very accomplished firearms user, and was trying to launch a consulting gig following his recent retirement from the Army. His facebook page for "Presscheck Consulting" with a mission statement of

> "We shoot stuff. And People".

was recently scrubbed cleaned following this event.
>>
stupid thread op
>>
While the entire story is something that would just be an uneventful footnote on a newspaper page in a small town given how simple the whole ordeal appears to be, several in the "operator" community (read, a handful of operators and mostly people that paid to take a carbine class) have come out to question the motives of the media in somehow defaming this poor guy. For some reason.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1966469_Charles-Pressburg-of-Presscheck-Consulting-Arrested-for-Oregon-Shooting.html&page=1

In this page you can see THE Larry Vickers come forth to deride anybody who suggests this guy may have been a drunken idiot for shooting a 64 year old man as "not man enough" to be "tier one".

http://soldiersystems.net/2017/02/16/be-meyers-co-inc-issues-statement-in-support-of-chuck-pressburg/

More autistic screeching although a bit more subdued on PF:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?24356-Roland-Special-guy-got-arrested-This-legit

Essentially, it's the sort of thing the gun community should condemn as an event, while supporting the person. Instead you will have it brushed under the rug, and it will quite possibly happen again.
>>
>>33095449

what is your point
>>
>>33095513

> Consider it a lesson in over familiarization with firearms and also the perils of intoxicated firearms handling.

> Essentially, it's the sort of thing the gun community should condemn as an event, while supporting the person. Instead you will have it brushed under the rug, and it will quite possibly happen again.

Also, this is a discussion board. While not as interesting as many NDs, any time a trainer or known figure does something stupid, it is noteworthy. Remember Travis Haley's ND, which he actually fessed up to later and didn't shoot anybody with?
>>
>>33095553
>Remember Travis Haley's ND, which he actually fessed up to later and didn't shoot anybody with?

no
>>
>>33095559

Guess you aren't somebody who would be interested in the thread then. Hide it and move along, since judging by the three ass-chapped responses a thread about trainer fuckups bothers you for some reason.
>>
>>33095411
>Roland Deschain
The Dark Tower is a great series of books for anyone looking for some fiction to read.
>>
>>33095584

Idris Elba is an odd choice for Roland.
>>
File: 1359901900864.gif (1024KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1359901900864.gif
1024KB, 250x188px
>>33095576
>Guess you aren't somebody who would be interested in the thread then. Hide it and move along, since judging by the three ass-chapped responses a thread about trainer fuckups bothers you for some reason.
>>
>>33095411
>> "We shoot stuff. And People".

this sounds like an attack by individuals using directed energy weapons

that they would attack "operators" and "police" says something about how bold they have gotten
>>
>>33095650
Yeah, Ka is a wheel and whatnot. I probably won't even watch the movie, but not because of that. I've read the series twice and I've seen other attempts to try to turn King books into movies. Eh who am I kidding, I'll watch it and then probably just bitch about it like a normal book reading American.
>>
>>33095717

It will probably be an alright movie, but it's guaranteed to make fans made at some level just because of how long the series is.

Been a long time since I read it (and I never finished the series) but wasn't racism and the wheelchair woman or whatever kind of an important plot point?
>>
>>33095411
>has turned into the latest and greatest cool kid thing in most tier 1 knobgobbler circles

Eh, gun works great though. Lot of fun.
>>
>>33095424
>>33095513
found mr. roland...
>>
>>33095411
> "We shoot stuff. And People".

Well you can say what you want about him but you can't say he's not honest.
>>
>>33095411

>glock user has ND

Shocking! Clearly he wasn't trained well enough.

Or.. it was the alcohol! of course. Everyone knows "guns and alcohol don't mix" right? So clearly all these motherfuckers who are "always armed" should also be teetotalers.
>>
>>33096836

At 0.25 BAC the alcohol was almost certainly a major factor impairing his judgment, yes.
>>
>>33096836
Booze is pretty degenerate, desu.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.