[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 50

File: navy seals winter warfare.jpg (573KB, 3696x2456px) Image search: [Google]
navy seals winter warfare.jpg
573KB, 3696x2456px
Stay Frosty Edition

>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga (embed)

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253 (embed)

Previous:
>>33068114
>>
I've heard that if you really want them AF Reserve and ANG pilots get more flying hours than Active Duty pilots and deploy almost as frequently. Is there some truth to this?
>>
Quick question for Air Force security forces.

How many days a week/hours a day on average do you work?
How much hours of free time do you have every day?
>>
28/m

I'm enlisting in the Army to be a CID Agent under the new direct ascension pilot program.

I know nothing is guaranteed, but where do you guys recommend I request my first post be? I'm considering JBL since I have family in Tacoma.

Thanks in advance
>>
How hard is it to get around RE3's?

Got a dui off post prior to a deployment(marriage problems). Grounds of expulsion was "commission of a serious offense". Thanks for any answers.
>>
>>33095772

I know nothing about that program whatsoever.
>>
File: eear.png (241KB, 784x875px) Image search: [Google]
eear.png
241KB, 784x875px
Any air traffic controller here? Do you ever feel anxious about fucking up and killing a bunch of people? Or is the job chill?
>>
>>33095381
Snow force looks pretty sweet. How do I join snow force?
>>
File: image.jpg (343KB, 753x707px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
343KB, 753x707px
Am I wasting my time applying to WOCS if I have no prior flight time? I meet all of the basic requirements and I'm graduating with a bachelors degree soon.
>>
Can anyone tell me some Basic or OCS stories?
>>
Just went to a army recruiter today and he said I need to lose 10 percent of my body fat before I am eligible.

Anyone have any tips?

Also he said that the requirement to get into boot was like 20 push ups and sit ups, and an 8 min mile. I feel like he is bullshitting me, there is no way that it is that low. Everything I read said that it was like 80 push-ups and sit ups and A 5 min mile. Anyone got info on this?
>>
>>33096805
He was bullshitting you for the most part but because he lied, you can know that you are fat/skele as fuck

You want to lose weight?
Stop. Fucking. Eating

That doesn't mean eat less of your main meal
That means eat NOTHING between one (1) slice of toast at breakfast and 500 grams of supper.
Nothing more
No snacks
No "I feel good so I deserve to eat this candy"
Nothing.

If your recruiter actively doubts your ability, then you know it must be obvious
>>
>>33096805
Eat 1500 calories per day. You'll lose it fast if you can control yourself (it doesn't sound like you can).
>>
>>33096442

There was this one time where my drill instructor got really mad and yelled at us.
>>
>>33097110
If he diets like this then 25-30% of the weight that he loses will be muscle instead of fat.
>>
>>33097144
This. 1500 calories a day, make sure you get some protein in there. Whey protein powder would be a good investment here to keep your muscles, and keep the calories low.
>>
File: 1472100006659.png (37KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
1472100006659.png
37KB, 658x662px
Posting again i have lumbaric scoliciosis that is 8 degrees (under the cutting line) and i also had history of a cholesteatoma that was surgically removed. it says on internet that its a DQ but i want to know what people think will happen: will i be able to get a waiver and get in. or wont be able to enlist at all. i want to go army and its the only thing i want to do.... so what will likely happen to me
>>
>>33097110
>>33097144
>>33097254

Thanks for the advice I was already cutting for about a month now and lost 10 pounds.

He said the main thing to focus on was bmi not weight and to do ab exercises. That type thing.
I guess everything will be fine if I continue to cut and workout every other day?

What about the requirements thing? What should I aim for before boot?
>>
File: sacrbruh.jpg (698KB, 1381x1199px) Image search: [Google]
sacrbruh.jpg
698KB, 1381x1199px
In for the SARC pipeline canidates/prospects

What's good bros? What's y'alls training and diet looking like?
>>
>>33097254
I have WPI so I don't worry about that, thanks for the tip though.
>>
Can I get a real STEM degree in the military?
>>
>>33097816

Kind of a retarded question.

Please explain why you think you wouldn't be able to.
>>
>>33097816

I've been researching this. A lot of highly disreputably universities are pushing to get military folks enrolled for the tuition assistance money. Some reputable State colleges are pitching in, while most top 20 colleges only offer online degrees as Masters degrees or professional development.

The answer boils down to "yes, but don't fall for a scam like University of Phoenix".
>>
>>33097816
Of course

Most militaries will pay for uni education
>>
What's the best way to handle enlistment bonuses? Is it a scam or worth it if you can get it?
>>
>>33098767

Realize you're probably going to get it in installments, and it'll be heavily taxed. Save at least half before you blow the rest on stupid private shit.
>>
>>33095381
why is his flashlight on that side?
isn't that the first thing they teach you? if you are going to mount a flashlight put it on the other side so when the bad guy shoots at the light you don't get hit in the face
>>
I got my preferred MOS (35F) w/ a three year contract but without a bonus. How hard did I get fucked over?
>>
>>33095381
Is admittance into WOCS a realistic aspiration? Or is everyone and his mother applying to fly helicopters?
>>
File: Thumbsup.jpg (132KB, 453x496px) Image search: [Google]
Thumbsup.jpg
132KB, 453x496px
>>33098767
Bank it in some sort of managed growth investment portfolio. All of it. Don't touch it until you're out or you retire.

This you can be responsibly irresponsible and burn your entire paycheck on stupid shit as soon as you get it and still be in good financial shape when you're out.
>>
>>33098876
Rounds being fired in a general direction of a light would have the same consistency for your average shooter no matter where it was on your kit.

Its a photoshoot, it isnt a real setup necessarily. I like my taclight on my right rail with a switch on my foregrip. I'm right handed so it on the left side interferes with a good grip.

Also, a surprise high lumens light sucks. Theres a reason the large majority of HVT raids during OIF and OEF ended in no rounds being fired. No one is able to react quicker than a squad pointing lights and rifles at you at 4am unexpectedly woken up.
>>
>>33096805
He's not bsing you. The admittance PT test is a 1/1/1. 1min push ups, 1min situps, 1 mile.

The standards are low, like 25pu, 35su, 9min mile to be accepted. Bodyfat is I think 26% for acceptance.

When youre in the standards change to at least 60% in each event. 22% bf max.
>>
>>33099018
You didn't. Job choice varies. I hear 35F can end up being the 'bitchboy' since they aren't specialized, and also dime a dozen.

But if you get a good unit anything can happen.
>>
What mos can you do that lets you work with explosives?

I know eod is a given, but what are the differences between army/navy/marines/air force ?
>>
Will the military pay for PRK surgery? I've got shit eyesight, it's correctable to 20/20 however.
>>
>>33100371
Yes. Think its 6 months on prescription glasses while in. Commanders approval. And 1 year retention, so not on the last year of your contract.

Combat jobs get first priority usually.
>>
Say no to the nuke contract
>>
>>33095402

C-can anyone answer this question?
>>
>>33100562
Navy runs the most flying missions

It takes ~48 days to set up a base to run flying missions whereas a carrier can be off shore putting warheads on foreheads in a couple of days
>>
File: 1444671101789.jpg (2MB, 2866x1810px) Image search: [Google]
1444671101789.jpg
2MB, 2866x1810px
>>33095473

Really depends on what base you go to. I've been at once base the past 4 years and I've done panama 12's which is 2 on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off. basically every other weekend is off. They say 12 hours, but its really closer to 14. Fucking hate that schedule.

Right now we're in 4 & 3 8's. 4 on, 3 off. 8 hour shifts. Not to shabby. I work mids so my sleep is always fucked up, I never get to see my wife.

My biggest regret in life is going security forces when I could have done almost anything else in the air force. The career field is absolutely littered with retards and assholes.
>>
>>33100570

That has literally nothing to do with the question in addition to being false. By the numbers the Air Force flies the most combat sorties and gets in on the early action soon enough to see it.
>>
File: pantsututb.jpg (128KB, 667x800px) Image search: [Google]
pantsututb.jpg
128KB, 667x800px
Would it be wrong to, instead of bringing boxers and boxer-briefs, pack panties of various sorts to wear on a warship during a short deployment?

PROS
>they take up less space in both luggage and locker
>they chafe less by supporting your junk better
>they are less material to burst into flame during a fire
>they are less material to become waterlogged in a flood
>they are sexier

CONS
>you look like a fag

Why don't more navy members wear panties? Or at least briefs.
>>
11B or 19D? I plan on going airborne regardless, I just can't decide between the two
>>
>>33097315
Just dont say anything about the surgery they wont know
>>
File: 537px-Bardo_Baal_Thinissut1.jpg (48KB, 537x599px) Image search: [Google]
537px-Bardo_Baal_Thinissut1.jpg
48KB, 537x599px
I contacted my local army recruiter to ask about commissioning and he said he would put his boss in contact with me. It has been two weeks and I haven't heard anything, what should I do?
>>
>>33100883

Fucking call him you twat. It's just
a recruiter.
>>
>>33100904
Chill man, I wasn't sure if there was procedure for this kind of thing.
>>
>>33100919

This kind of apprehension will get people killed. Are you sure you're ready to become an officer?

Besides? What's the worst he could do? Yell at you?
>>
>>33100883
ignore them since apparently they dont want you enough to even call you back. get a real job instead.
>>
>>33100929
Why are you saying this? This is civilian life and urgency isn't an issue. I'm consulting people I'd hoped would have more experience and knowledge than me on this topic. Then I read your name and I'm not sure what message you're trying to send.
>>33100942
Seems like a bad idea.
>>
>>33100974

I'll make it simple. Call them. Say you just wanted to touch base with them. These guys are super busy and have all kinds of kids coming in. They forgot about you. Remind them.
>>
>>33100669
>wearing underwear
lel
In OSUT we were told no underwear was better than army underwear so we just got used to not wearing any.
>>
>>33100988
I ascertained this as made apparent in my first response. Are you enlisted?
>>
>>33095381
that flash hider is making me erect
>>
>>33100999

Yes I am. 4 year mark is in 2 days. Currently sick and drunk.
>>
>>33100990
w-what about your balls

what about the chafing

surely, in such a trying time, you need some literal support
>>
>>33101040
Our platoon's senior ds told us we'd devolope calluses on our balls. I'm pretty sure he was exaggerating because I still don't have calluses.
>>
I have a history of two surgeries, will that be an issue at MEPS? I've had my appendix removed and I've had surgery on my left wrist for a ganglion cyst.
>>
>>33101088
THE MILITARY
DOES NOT KNOW
YOUR MEDICAL HISTORY

THE MILITARY
DOES NOT CARE ABOUT
YOUR MEDICAL HISTORY THAT DOES NOT IMPACT YOUR PERFORMANCE

seriously this shit should be in the op
>>
>>33101102
I was just worried, thanks for clearing that up.
>>
Okay everybody, i just had to go open contract for the muhreens.

I was told i could. Go logistics by recruiter. Get to meps they say no, then i was told motor T, but they find out i am slightly color deficient. And have 25/20 vision.

Now I am left with two options either infantry or open contract.

I went open because id rather take the gamble and see if i could get a job that i couldnt before because of a moral waiver. Ive heard of people getting jobs at bootcamp they never qualified for in the first place because of waivers.

Did i fuck up goin open?

Any one went open and it worked out? Or for worse, fucked you with a shitty job?
>>
File: Assault1.jpg (126KB, 640x251px) Image search: [Google]
Assault1.jpg
126KB, 640x251px
Alright...i looked all over goarmy for this, and i cant find any solid answers.

anyway, if i was to do the National Call To Service thing.
>can 19D do this? (11b is my more likely backup)

After the active duty part, and you go into the drilling phase for 2 years, where would i be going? do they send you back to your home state for drilling? because i can't find any post locations for my state?

pic unrelated.
>>
>>33101102
>THE MILITARY
>DOES NOT KNOW
>YOUR MEDICAL HISTORY

won't they see the surgical scars and say something about it? obvously they're not self harm, but;
>Anon, it says you never had surgery before?
"not one!"
>Hmm..... this large scar on your lower abdomen?
"Uhhhh... i f-fell this one time?"
>>
File: lance corporal.jpg (88KB, 901x640px) Image search: [Google]
lance corporal.jpg
88KB, 901x640px
>Wahhh wahh Marine Infantry is so shit
>All my friends who joined after high school didn't re-enlist and warned others
>There's no war going on so you're going to be cleaning shit, getting drunk and playing video games for most of your contract

Is this some sort of universal pog trope? Or true?
>>
File: sargentos.jpg (58KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
sargentos.jpg
58KB, 500x333px
>>33101680
>cleaning shit, getting drunk and playing video games for most of your contract
I cant understand why people think this is bad. I know there are better things, but there is a lot worse too.
>>
File: when u see it u ded.jpg (329KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
when u see it u ded.jpg
329KB, 960x639px
>>33101800
I can think of something worse, living with your mum and doing all of the above.

I wonder what Infantrymen, who want to go SOF, spend their time doing?
>>
>>33101680
>>33101800

>Alcohol and video games

That's just the military. You have plenty of disposable income and lots of young friends. Nothing to do with infantry.

>Cleaning

The problem is that civilians think this means "take something dirty and make it clean". In the military this usually actually means "look busy doing something productive". Usually that means standing around with a broom for 4-10 hours until the work day is over.

Meanwhile POGs are actually doing something useful at work, getting paid more, and have an actual accomplishable goal after which they go the fuck home and get drunk/play vidya.

There's literally nothing good about infantry. Especially Marine infantry.
>>
>>33101680
literally true unless you're <50 IQ and knocking up 4 strippers and blowing all your money on alcohol and child support / other expensive life fuckups

spent my 5 years in the army getting real fuckin good at videogames, sweeping, mopping, drinking, and fapping

1 non combat "Deployment", left with a 2013 car paid in cash, and $55,000 in savings

obviously less than $100,000 in 5 years of literally 24/7 obligation to your job is not the best, but if youre young and single and don't know how much of a bitch living on your own working 2 shitty jobs or in debt for school is, it's fuckin amazing.
>>
File: unabomber.jpg (17KB, 400x228px) Image search: [Google]
unabomber.jpg
17KB, 400x228px
>>33101859
>but if youre young and single and don't know how much of a bitch living on your own working 2 shitty jobs or in debt for school is, it's fuckin amazing.
That's what i thought.
>>
Is it a viable option to join a branch like the Navy at not so stellar physical shape and then get fit to go SF?
>>
>>33101102 IS LYING

>>33101108
>>33101088
IF YOU LIE TO THEM, YOU WILL BE CHARGED WITH FRAUDULENT ENLISTMENT.
>>
Which branch of the military has the most fuck ups? I'm not talking about dumb teenagers, I mean gang members or people like that.
>>
>>33102532
Fuck off retard

>>33102660
Marines
>>
>>33102681
Really? Damn. What a shame. I wanted to go into the Marines for the fraternal aspect.
>>
>>33100347
The bulk training course for EOD is the same across all the branches. You will have other services as your team members for training even.

Army has the largest EOD component and the most variety. A vanilla EOD company in the Army does a little bit of everything- VIP security, conventional deployment, SOF support, chem/bio response, local support for police. There are specialized units that specialize in SOF support, VIP security, or CBRNE/NBC if you want to go deep into a rabbit hole of a speciality.

Navy guys after EOD school don't get as much advanced IED or ordnance training or refreshers. They are NSW/SEAL doorkicker support almost exclusively, so they are basically there for mark & clear, expedient bypass, and as the guy with breaching kit. Different focus, a lot are burly but rusty on core EOD ordnance skills.

Marines are basically same thing as Army. Marines don't let people go EOD off the street though, you have to be an NCO to go, so their EOD tends to be older a bit and they all have some other previous military experience.

USAF is like Army but they tend towards more VIP support in the states.
>>
>>33102712
If you want fraternity join the Navy just bring your own lube and don't do nuke
>>
>>33102681
lol, you've never served.

if you lie and something comes up, you WILL get charged.
>>
File: IMG_0326.jpg (48KB, 527x598px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0326.jpg
48KB, 527x598px
>>33102884
You're an idiot did you not read >>33101102 if it doesn't impact your performance and isn't serious they don't give a fuck you're not getting charged with fraudulent enlistment if you broke your arm in 5th grade and didn't tell them
>>
>>33102927
you are really dumb. if you break your arm while enlisted, the doctor does a xray, and sees that its been broken BEFORE, and you LIED under oath that you've never broken a bone. which is on the medical form EVERY solider fills out, YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR FRAUDULENT ENLISTMENT
>>
File: Calvin_Graham21-721x1024.jpg (72KB, 721x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Calvin_Graham21-721x1024.jpg
72KB, 721x1024px
>>33102950
Nobody has been charged with fraudulent enlistment since WW2. Go back to /r/newtothenavy, /u/BenGesserITWitch.
>>
>>33103046
YOU ARE A RETARD.

People get discharged ALL THE TIME, because they LIE.

You have zero idea what you are talking about.

If you LIE, and they find out, you will be charged and REMOVED from the military.
>>
>>33103046
https://forum.freeadvice.com/military-law-92/fraudulent-enlistment-penalties-515469.html

https://www.arlnow.com/2014/01/15/nova-legal-beat-lying-to-get-into-the-military/
>>
>>33102660
Army by far. They have always been the least selective branch.
>>
>>33102242
Fuck no. Especially not navy. Too busy with actual work to workout much.
>>
I leave for AF basic in 2.5 weeks and can't run a mile.

What do.
>>
>>33103083
Start running
>>
>>33103046
http://www.armyreal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7656
>>
>>33100669
The transgender policy that just came out a few months ago forbids it unless gender transition as complete and your DEERS profile is changed to female.
>>
>>33103092
It's hard when I've been working 10-13 hour days.

How often should I run without risking injury?
>>
>>33102532
I don't plan on lying, my recruiter already knows and he told me if they ask just tell the truth. I'm not too concerned since I still have full range of motion in both my wrists.
>>
Am I still the only tranny who lurks in here waiting for enlistment to open up?
>>
>>33103120
Start running but don't sperg out and kill yourself.

You'll have plenty of time for sperging at basic.
>>
>>33103267
you're mentally ill, so I'm sure it'll be a while
>>
>>33103275
Will do.

I've been focusing a lot in doing push-ups and sit-ups because they're easy to do at work.

Running has always been difficult for me. I don't know how to make it easier.
>>
>>33103308
It wouldn't make a lot of sense for the military to publicly announce that they're letting trannies enlist and then bar those trannies from enlisting on the grounds that they're a tranny
>>
>>33095961
It depends on where you work. Most places in the military are pretty chill and hard to kill people at.
>>
>>33103335
It's mostly mental when it comes to running, push yourself to run slightly longer each time you run. Just don't kill yourself.
>>
>>33102681
OK kid. Talk to a former 0311 who has a bachelors in Science.

I'll tell you all about that little twig between your legs you call a dick.
>>
Is Fort Lejeune an okay place to get stationed? What's it like?
>>
>>33095473
AF Security Forces is terrible and full of idiots. If you want an MP job, the other 3 services are far superior. The main difference is that MP's/MA's actually have standards an Security Forces is where the AF sends people who fail out of cook school. Don't even bother with it unless the thought of checking ID's at a chow hall or siting on a flight line making sure jets don't get stolen is appealing to you. You could also wind up at Minot sitting in a field full of silo doors surrounded by people who ate paint as children.
>>
>>33095772
Please provide details of this program. I've never heard of this and am genuinely curious. I'm assuming there is a college and prior LE requirement at a minimum.
>>
>>33098016
>UofP isn't actually a scam

Academically UfP isn;t really bad, it's just school for people who work. They have never been in trouble for academics, only for their financial angles. There is a reason that UofP has been attacked for years and while tons of for profit schools have turned to dust, UofP remains. Most degrees like business or CJ that military and vets get are no more valuable from a state school than they are UofP.
>>
>>33103754
>I made a post defending UofP
>didn't spell or grammar check my work
>derp
>>
>>33103754

You left out that UoP is expensive as fuck. There are schools that fill the very real niche you're talking about... they're a few grand a year, not $50,000+.

It's absolutely a scam.
>>
File: 1433211140659.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1433211140659.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>33095961
>Do you ever feel anxious about fucking up and killing a bunch of people?
No, at some point you'll have the confidence to know where everything on the airport is at all times.

>Is it a chill job?

No, but will get better at it and the stress goes from high to almost negligible.
>>
>>33103061
Okay, but what if it's something they'll never notice and doesn't effect you anymore? Like childhood asthma? I don't want to deny my chances of getting into the military over something that i don't have anymore.
>>
>>33096805>>33096805
Once you get to basic it's 35 push ups in 2 min 49 sit ups in 2 min and a 16:45 two mile I believe. To graduate AIT it's like 45 push-ups 53 sit ups and a 15:30 2 mile. When I was at the recruiter they pretty much just blew past my little pt test. Just make weight or tape and you'll be good.
>>
File: 91409-004-267E4E86.jpg (22KB, 352x450px) Image search: [Google]
91409-004-267E4E86.jpg
22KB, 352x450px
My current mile time, if I really push myself, is 7:30. Still struggling with endurance so my two mile is around 19. I ship in 2 months and am running near daily. Will Army basic make me a better runner?
>>
File: 1474337237375.jpg (71KB, 647x594px) Image search: [Google]
1474337237375.jpg
71KB, 647x594px
How realistic is it to reclassify into BUDS or any other SO job? I'm planning on enlisting as a Hospital Corpsman because I already have my EMT-B certification and want to go ahead and get into the Navy, but I also want more time to condition my body before I attempt one to join one of the SO jobs.

Am I basically fucked out of any chance to if I sign up as a Corpsman? Or is it possible my CO will let me reclassify nearing the end of my 4 years?
>>
I know all basic is pretty much the same, but how's Fort Sill?
>>
>>33104275
>>33097501
>>
>>33104193
You will have better times the more you push yourself in the beginning. Whatever you do, DO NOT WALK. A slow jog is not really harder than running, but you will break that mental weakness telling you to walk.
>>
>>33101494
tell them about apendix nothing else i did it was fine no waiver needed
>>
File: 1454937123251.jpg (42KB, 360x200px) Image search: [Google]
1454937123251.jpg
42KB, 360x200px
>>33100769
Do they even look at medical history and if so how far will they go. I had the surgery about a year and a half ago.
>>
>>33101276
anybody go open contract in any branch at least?
>>
>>33104620
no they dont read the post above fucking retard
>>
>>33104620
dont lie about SURGERY, just get a wavier.

Please just tell them. its not worth getting kicked out for
>>
So I want to get into Air Force OTS, any tips? Also what kind of Officer career paths are out there for me? Of course, Pilot would be my dream job but I won't hold my breath, so I'd like to know my options.
>>
>>33104763
This the SAME guy WHO feels the need to CAPATALIZE every other WORD as above! Hes an idiot. Look when they get to meps they try and scare you. They will tell you they can pull it they will say theres an fbi background check. He obviously believed them. But fact of the matter it it would cost way too much money and time to really pull shit. Cheaper option is to screen you. And see if you "pop"
>>
>>33104620
No scars it never happened
>>
>>33104763
But I also have scoliosis but is way under the cutting line so would I need a waiver for that too?
>>
>>33104867
im talking about the recruiter you fucking RETARD. if you are found out to have LIED, bye bye, youre GONE

>>33104880
of course you need a wavier, they need to make sure you can meet the minimum requirements of the physical needs of the army
>>
>>33104935
So I would have to get two waivers. So I will most likely be a no go :(
>>
>>33104992
people get multiple waivers all the time, anon
>>
I'm bisexual. Is the Navy actually full of gay people or is it a meme?
>>
>>33106042
Are you retarded? Of course it's a meme. If anything the Navy and military in general is more homophobic.
>>
>>33106042
>>33106215
The Air Force actually seems to have the most amount of gays. I was on a FOB with tons of Navy and AF and the AF dudes were getting caught in towers on a weekly basis. Then again the Navy may just be better at not getting caught.
>>
How hard is it to go SF? Cousin has inspired me to pursue SF and I want to know how difficult is it really? Also what path should I take to get there?
>>
>>33106649

I'm going vz, which is similar in many respects including physical requirements, but you'll have to swim less than me.

What I recommend is that you set aside at least a few months to really hammer in getting into shape and take the 18x contract. Make sure you know that you can get in before you try to get in.
>>
So this isn't exactly /meg/, but does anyone here have any experience with Civ contracting?
I'm speak Farsi (Dari) fluently and have been thinking about signing up as a Civ translator/interpreter.
What exactly can I expect from military life if I'm on base as a civilian?
Anyone have any relevant experiences?

Pretty much the only thing I really know about it is that sometimes you go into the field to translate and sometimes they bring the people to you on base.
Will actual military hate me or give me a hard time for being there?
>>
How prevelent is rape in the navy?
>>
This thread is pretty active so up all me retarded question here:

I fit pretty good into a size 9 Rocky SV2, there's a sale (and I could use new summer boots) on the SV2 jungle boots - size 10.

Do the jungle boots run small at all, anyone know? I hate wearing boots too big for me. Maybe I could stretch out the size 8?
>>
>>33107570
fuck off this is /meg/ not a boot general
>>
>>33107581
I know but there's no boot general up and we all wear the same boots, pls breh
>>
File: 1478630069422.jpg (143KB, 462x533px) Image search: [Google]
1478630069422.jpg
143KB, 462x533px
Are you allowed to fugg in the military?
>>
>>33107581
to be fair, isn't /meg/ boot general?
>>
>>33107624
kek
>>33107593
Go make a boot thread then
>>
File: predator-b-drone-mq-9-reaper.jpg (21KB, 794x487px) Image search: [Google]
predator-b-drone-mq-9-reaper.jpg
21KB, 794x487px
What can you guys tell me about the 15W MOS? Sounds interesting.
>>
>>33106042
Navy is massive homo bro, join us.

>>33107535
Probably less likely than the other branches
>>
>>33107644
to my knowledge, it's up there with dog handler, watercraft operator, and firefighter in terms of availability.
>>
Any surface warfare officers here? Was looking into the career intermission program and I'm wondering what are the best times to use it from a detailing standpoint. One obvious standout is after your first shore tour, but what else?
>>
>>33095772
JBLM is fucking garbage, everybody hates it here
>>
>>33100739
LOL plan on going airborne, they don't just hand out airborne now kiddo
>>
>>33101831

>I wonder what Infantrymen, who want to go SOF, spend their time doing?

Working out.
Drinking heavily.
Working out some more.

t. 11B who has been to SFAS 3 times.
>>
>>33107913
>3 times

I assume the cadre just didn't select you at the end?

You still going at it?
>>
>>33107956

I was a non-select first time, and med dropped the next two times, broke an ankle and broke a wrist.

They keep saying I can come back, so I'll keep going back.
>>
>>33107896
Well shit, does going 11B increase my chances of going airborne?
>>
>>33108063

They usually offer a couple slots at OSUT to the guys with the highest PT scores.
>>
>>33103728
Google CID Pilot program. B.A. required in a certain majors with a 3.0
>>
>>33103720
Have some bad news. Being an mp in any other service is exactly like security forces. They are all absolute shit jobs.

T. Retired k9
>>
>>33102660
Army definitely, navy close second, marines have the most illegal Mexicans, air force or coast guard actually somewhat vets their people.

Fun story, I was k9 so I spent time attached to various services and units. When I was in southern iraq I was attached to an army infantry unit in 07-08. There were people there with felony waivers and more then a few had gangland tattoos on their necks and hands. By far being attached to the army is the absolute worst. The infantry has to be glorified or else no one with a brain would do it. There were some guys I patrolled with that had to have severe learning disabilities and other mental problems. I'm not just talking shit either, the standard to get into the infantry It's extremely low.

I spoke with their lt about it because they sent me to clear a building then took off in the gun trucks leaving me in a fucking village. He said all these guys need to really know is "walk that way, point your rifle that way."

Lt was relieved of duty for leaving me and I was helo'd to a different fob so I never knew what became of it.

Everytime I knew I was going out with the infantry was a bad day. I also did otw and ptt with air force security forces. The guys that I went out with were extremely professional and knew what they were doing. The fuck ups and fat females were stuck on tower duty and flightline bs.

The security forces guys get a bad rap because of the retards and females in tiger career field. There are many that are highly motivated and know what they're doing.

This is the mid 2000's, I hear that career field has gone to absolute shit since ILO and otw missions dried up.

T. Ten years explosives detection k9
>>
>>33108096
I'm in decent shape but not enough to max the PT test. Would 6 months be enough time to get into stud shape or would longer be required?
>>
>>33108363

Yes.

Being a PT stud isn't hard, Army PT isn't hard.
>>
File: u8ylm8b.png (279KB, 473x618px) Image search: [Google]
u8ylm8b.png
279KB, 473x618px
I'm shipping to air force BMT in 4 days and a few days ago my recruiter said I weighed too much and I should be 10 pounds below the max weight. I weigh 185 and the cutoff is 191. Is he just saying that to keep me away from 191 or will I actually have trouble if i'm not at 181.
>>
>>33108353
>marines have the most illegal Mexicans
I guess it's my destiny then.
>>
>>33108410
Thank you, you give me confidence.
>>
Will sucking the the big toe of my squad leader and platoon sgt get me promoted faster?
>>
File: 1386206800647.jpg (26KB, 448x412px) Image search: [Google]
1386206800647.jpg
26KB, 448x412px
Is Marine boot camp really like Full Metal Jacket?
>>
>>33108599
Worse because the DIs aren't nearly as funny as R Lee Ermey and just scream at the top of their lungs so you don't even know what they are saying half the time.
>>
>>33108599
In some ways yes, some ways no.

You don't say "sir yes sir", but just "yes sir".

You aren't as openly physically assaulted (if ever, I only saw one guy get hit by a DI when i was in boot a few years ago).

The biggest difference is that you have multiple drill instructors. In FMJ it made it seem like you only had one. You usually had four to five DI's for your platoon.

That said you did get fucked for not having a secured wall locker.

You do get made to "war cry" randomly (I had to war cry while taking a shit and getting yelled at by 2 DI's)

There are shitbag recruits like pyle

You do have an O course to navigate through that some marines recruits would pussy out over.

Squad leaders get changed for arbitrary reasons.

Those are all I can remember from not seeing the movie or being in boot camp for years.
>>
How hard is Navy boot camp compared to army or Marines? How often do RDCs yell at you and get in your face? What's the best advice you can give to someone about to go to Navy rtc
>>
File: 1479213796196.jpg (241KB, 1195x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1479213796196.jpg
241KB, 1195x1500px
>>33108438
pls respond i feel like i shouldn't be worried about this can someone confirm?
>>
>>33109023
You role play that you're on a boat kek
>>
>>33109267
You literally have nothing to worry about.

Recruiter probably just afraid you'll eat like a fucking pig and not meet standards.
>>
File: 1391627986304.gif (2MB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
1391627986304.gif
2MB, 260x260px
>>33108727
>I had to war cry while taking a shit
>>
>>33095381
Kind of late here but can't get a solid answer. Can I be 20 pounds overweight and get through meps if meet the body fat standards? Army if that helps.
>>
I'm 29, is it too late to join the military to try to unfuck myself
>>
>>33109592
nah
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 800x620px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 800x620px
Is it realistic for me to want to be an FMF corpsman with no medical background?
>>
>>33109521
Yes. That's the point of the tape test.

I'm saying this as someone who went through 11b OSUT fat af and is still fat, lose weight fatty. It will make everything easier.
>>
>>33108438
Yes to both.

They cannot do anything official if you're under the max weight, but you will get shit for being overweight (possibly weight control diet in BMT, if the AF does that, I know the Army and muhreens do).

But your recruiter is basically just trying to keep you under 190.

>>33109023
Second easiest of the branches. Even the Coast Guard is harder, because they actually get put in harm's way regularly.
>>
>>33108599
In the broad sense of things, yes. Most of the differences are admin-related.
>multiple DI's
>wall lockers instead of wood footlockers
>lot less time on the confidence/obstacle courses, add in the high ropes course (physically less demanding than the low ropes because it's shorter and not timed but holy shit it's scary if you've never done rock climbing/rappelling)
>you will never be struck by a DI unless either you instigated or it would legitimately prevent injury to another (they can't just hit you because they feel like it)

>>33108727
well fuck, I had to Sir Aye Sir until second week of SOI
>I had to war cry while taking a shit and getting yelled at by 2 DI's
lol I got caught jacking it at like 0200 in my bunk, got told to not stop and do my best war cry when I nutted. I sounded like someone strangling a swan, which got a laugh and a carry on.
>squad leaders get changed for arbitrary reasons
Not in my platoon, everyone over 30 got a week at it then the smallest guy got a week at it, in descending age. Supposedly other battalions did this too.
>>
>>33100883
ocs is not bad tradoc is hell, learn opords, land nav, and Amercian miltiary histroy volume 1 and 2 and how to run really really well drill seargeants are acholic sociopaths
>>
>>33096442
We got pizza Jim
>>33100990
Also this
>>
Any navyfags here?

I signed up with AECF and ship out for basic next month.

I didn't want this job but my recruiters are lying lazy fucks who didn't want to put in the paper work to get me CTN despite scoring a 99 on the assvab and having no moral issues.

With that said I heard that sometimes theyll offer the A school drop outs slots in CTN school.

I'm tempted to deliberately fail out, but what happens if they don't offer me the CTN school? Will I be relegated to paint chipping duty?
>>
>>33110920
If it's anything like army your going needs of the navy. Aka the jobs people only take for the enlistment bonuses except you don't get the bonus.

You might want to renegotiate your contract my man.
>>
>>33110983
Navy offers fuck all in terms of bonuses, but the CTN rate is super undermanned since it has a high ass attrition rate due to the difficult schooling.

I honestly should've joined army like the rest of my friends but at this point I don't want to spend more time waiting with my thumb up my ass
>>
>>33104284
By far the easiest. You will get 8 hours of sleep every night, and the best dfac for soldiers in basic training. However you will have people in ait eating at the same dfac as you which is bound to make you butthurt cause they're walking around getting whatever they want to eat, talking laughing and then getting more than the 5 minutes you'll have to eat. You also won't have to dig a foxhole or do any digging bullshit in general in ft sill. However the weather is fucking awful and if you go in the winter you will want to kys
>>
>>33108063
You can get airborne in your contract initially, lots of jobs have them. Combat mos actually have lower priority than support, airborne units really need things like cooks and supply. At the end of OSUT or AIT you will probably be given an option for airborne which is selected based on pt scores as the other anon said. Airborne is probably the easiest school I the army, if you make it past the initial pt test which is mostly on luck (who grades you) and rank (nco's and anyone from a unit will not fail) unless you are really unfit and can't even hit 60%. Airborne school is honestly not that bad if you're interested in joining but be ready to eat subway for every meal during jump week because that's all that will be avaolable outside of mre's. additionally you will almost certainly be given a 4 day pass upon the completion of week 1 if you have family nearby Georgia you would like to see. I would recommend airborne, jumping itself is a lot of fun, the rest of it(manifest, rigging up, waiting while rigged up) is pretty fucking gay.

-t army airborne
>>
>>33109681
I feel like 99% of all corpsmen don't have medical knowledge prior to joining. Also to be 8404 you should train for Marine Corps pt standards, not the Navy's
>>
jesus christ dont do it anon.

there is a real life out there. regardless of how much it seems like it sucks, it is better.
>>
>>33112630
don't do what?
>>
>>33112582

And THIS ladies and gentlemen

Is why you NEVER go SecFo.

You are the "le evil jackboot thug" oppressing Little Timmy and Jamal. And you are forced to interact with civilians.
>>
File: Corporal_Patrick_Tillman.jpg (218KB, 500x652px) Image search: [Google]
Corporal_Patrick_Tillman.jpg
218KB, 500x652px
Is an option 40 contract easy to get?

Be honest, are the PT standards even that stringent?
>5 pull ups

Seems easy, don't know why anybody going infantry doesn't just get into this desu
>>
>>33112827
>PT score of 240 (80% each event)
>>
>>33108015

Fuckin' hero.
>>
>>33112612
Thanks for the info. Are you a sailor or marine?
>>
How hard is it to become a helicopter pilot for any of the branches? Obviously any combat oriented stuff would be cool, but just to fly the damn thing is my goal. Will be out of college with a BS and physically /fit/.
>>
File: 1487519503158.png (206KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1487519503158.png
206KB, 800x800px
If I join the Marine Corps with a college degree I will be payed as an E-3.

Will I get shit on initially because of my undeserved rank? and how long as a Lance till I get promoted to Cpl?
>>
>>33112946
Yes.
16 years.
>>
>>33112946
>Muhreen OCS

I've basically heard its like leading a psychotic short bus full of neglected M4s.
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 525x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 525x640px
>>33101480
Halp pls.
>>
>>33108727
My grandpa was in the muhreens in the 50's. It seems like it was a lot tougher back then.

>southern sergeants made comments about blacks being let in and shitting up the corps.
>sergeants routinely hit / kicked recruits as negative reinforcement.
>they had a sergeants and corporals as instructors
>sergeant said "that one guy that never showers is really getting on my nerves... He fucking stinks every day.... I can't tell you guys to do this, but here's how we handled this back in my day..."

Later that night, my grandpa said him and all the other recruits dragged him out of bed, stripped him naked in the showers and scrubbed him with a grill brush.
>>
>tfw when juvenile crime thats been expunged

Im going to a recruiter for the first time in a couple years because of the build up but I feel hopeless.

though i guess drowning my dead dreams in alcohol is always an option
>>
>>33101276
I heard its the last tging you will want to do.

Get ready to clean up garbage and cleam toilets
>>
>>33103344
>on the grounds that they're a tranny

Lucky them, they won't have to. Gender dysphoria has a high comorbidity with a host of other mental disorders.
Coupled with the fact that transgender individuals make up 0.6% of the US population, it's likely no one here will ever serve with a trans individual.
>>
File: school.jpg (36KB, 364x254px) Image search: [Google]
school.jpg
36KB, 364x254px
>>33111029
Come to the dark side, anon. Rickover hungers.
>>
>>33103120
run for 20 straight minutes 5 times a week.
doesn't matter how fast or far just run for 20 minutes straight. no walking; grandma jog if you have to

second week start timing your mile times, but keep running for 20 minutes. last 3 days try to go for 8 minute miles for 2 miles.

yes the test is 1.5, train for 2. this is similar to how I worked out I cross country for 5 and 10k's
>>
>>33104839
ots has like 5 jobs. pilot, unmanned pilot, air battle command, targeting officer, and a desk job I forget.

the process Is a fucking pain but you just have to stick with it. seriously just stick eith all the bullshit thats the hard part. next due date is June 16 so go call now
>>
>>33108213
>retired k9
how is a dog typing?
you're a really good boy
>>
IDF, 4 months in, as the supporting infantry of the armoured corps. AMA
>>
>>33113721
http://archive.is/JjG2y
>>
>>33110983
There is no way they will send you to JCAC after dropping out of et/fc school. You'l be surrounded by retards at CS or HT school if you are lucky enough not to go undes. Tell your recruiters you will fuck off if they dont do their fucking jobs. AECF is still one of the best contracts to get.
>>
>>33109023
Physically much easier but mentally harder than Army, and they have the highest attrition rate in the navy - they look for any excuse to kick you out while the other branches push you to stay in.
>>
>>33107535
Probably less likely than any college campus.
>>
>>33106215
Gays are probably only 2% or less of the navy but nobody is homophobic.
>>
>>33104839
You didn't say your age, degree, or gpa or whether you would need any medical or moral waivers or have any security clearance issues.
>>
>>33104620
Unless you were covered with tricare it is extremely unlikely they will find out.
>>
How is Osut and FLW? 31b
>>
>>33103120
Every other day. If you don't take a day off in between your risk of injury goes way up.
>>
>>33109681
Absolutely! Be willing to learn as an 8404 corpsman, and you'll be trained as one. Most of the stuff will be OJT, but you'll pick up on it.

Just study your ass off in A School if you want to go FMF. In my class of 80 students, there were only 3 FMF orders, and I managed to snag the last one.
>>
File: military seals.png (548KB, 714x466px) Image search: [Google]
military seals.png
548KB, 714x466px
Which branch has the most anti-gunners?
>>
I forgot something on the sf-86 and need a TS clearance. My recruiter won't let me change it
>>
File: air force.jpg (79KB, 568x378px) Image search: [Google]
air force.jpg
79KB, 568x378px
>>33114777
Air Force, the heroic and most progressive of the branches.

They also have the most homosexuals and the largest HIV/AIDS afflicted population.
>>
>>33114981

You will be interviewed, bring it up then. People forget stuff all the time, no big deal if you let them know during the interview.
>>
>>33115007
>>33114981
I did some research online and apparently it's better to be upfront about stuff, because if they do find out and you deny it, then you're screwed
>>
>>33099094
Were you stationed in korea?
>>
>>33108015
Have any tips?
>>
Do POG's have a lower physical standard?

I would think it would be hard to keep up with grunts when they work out all day, and you actually do work.
>>
File: military females.jpg (111KB, 1023x932px) Image search: [Google]
military females.jpg
111KB, 1023x932px
>>33115735
well women are allowed to be POGs
and look at the average military female

if the job has women, it often has lower standards.
>>
>>33112463
Not the same guy but how hard is airborne school exactly and what was your day to day like? I run a 1458 but that pt test was in december i feel like ive gotten a little faster but i leave for airborne in like a month and a half so i want to know what im in for
>>
Can a (legal)imigrant enlist? I wish to serve, but giving my life for the shithole i live tha doest even let you carry guns is impossible.
>>
>>33116158
In the United States a permanent resident can.
>>
>>33116158

If you don't have your greencard yet there is MAVNI. I have a friend doing that right now.
>>
>>33116265
>>33116272
You mean the card that you receive when you marry an american woman? Is this the only way to get it? Also, is the american army too dangerous?
>>
>>33116287
>is the army dangerous
There are hundreds of jobs. You don't need a combat one, but since you're not a citizen, you're somewhat limited. Your local recruiter can help you in depth with this.

Even if you go into combat, your chances of getting killed are relatively low.
>>
Gonna get an option 40 contract. Should I go 11b or 11c?
>>
>>33116639
You don't have a choice.
>>
>>33096357
I can see that you've never experienced a real winter.
>>
>>33116639

>Not taking 35-series with Option 40 to fast-track into superspoop units.

K.
>>
>>33113764
I'm gonna be going there in about 2 years.
>>
>>33113801
I kek'd
>>
>>33115735
We all have to meet the same minimum fitness standards based on age and gender, but a grunt or a pog that actually has to be strong to do their job is expected to be well above minimum.
>>
I was a Marine OCS washout in 2011 due to an injury and general dipshittery. I completed 8 out of 10 weeks of the course.

I decided to enlist in the Army into CID since I ultimately want to do federal law enforcement. I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but it's now possible if you have a bachelor's in an acceptable major with a 3.0 GPA and an otherwise clean record.

I have to do 31B OSUT at Fort Leonard Wood before the CID school.

How easy will it seem compared to Marine OCS? I've heard the males literally train with females which just seems insane to me.
>>
>>33117917

Leonard Wood is literally the worst place on earth and will try to murder the fuck out of you. On the other hand the MP barracks are some of the best on post so you should at least have running water and all that.
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 411x412px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 411x412px
So I just told my mom that I'm going to become a flight warrant officer after I graduate college (which will be a year from now). She has been crying for the past two days and refuses to listen to me. She thinks I'll be "getting shot and killed in Iraq" as she put it. What the fuck do I do?
>>
British Army Medic here if any Bongs have questions
>>
>>33117957
Can you elaborate a bit please?
>>
>>33118000

My parents think I'm going into the Coast Guard or Air Force. If I told them that I was going into the Marines trying for Force Recon they'd flip shit.
>>
>>33118014
My dad isn't so gullible. He's supportive, but I can tell that he sorta resents what I'm putting my mom through.
>>
>>33118000
Keep going, and stay in touch with her. She'll eventually get over it and be proud of you.

Source: experience.
>>
>>33118022
You aren't "putting your mom through" anything. She is vastly ignorant and that's her own fault. It's more dangerous the visit Chicago or Baltimore than it is to join the military is a POG, by far.
>>
So my misses has this massive delusion that if I join the ADF in particular the Army (aiming for 5RAR) I will get shot dead within a week. Anyone know of anything other then Airfield Defence Guard (ADG) where I can shoot shit and not actually be useless?

So thoughts?
>>
>>33118071
Missus will be irrelevant a few months in, wouldn't worry about it

You'll be balls deep in some other thot by the time you reach your posting
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1023x654px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1023x654px
>>33118033
I'll take your word for it.

>>33118035
It's funny -she claims that I'll somehow become a loser if I join the army, even though both my dad and grandpa served and I'm preparing to fly helos of all things. I can't understand her reasoning.
>>
>>33118035

>It's more dangerous the visit Chicago or Baltimore than it is to join the military is a POG, by far.

While anon's mom is retarded and this is a true statement, pilots die at a pretty high rate compared to most jobs. It's still ridiculously low in modern times, but it isn't an office job.
>>
>>33118071
Your wife is an idiot, you probably are too but whatever.
>>
>>33118107
If I was attending a civilian flight school she wouldn't give a shit. Slap some army green on it and she freaks out.
>>
So am i practically fucked to join the military if i smoked weed almost daily for a good two years?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-04-23-18-22.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-04-23-18-22.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
I'm a us marine waiting to pick up class at MCCES, ask me anything you dirty civilians
>jk I wish I was a civvie again and went to college
>>
>>33118239
So long as you tell your recruiter you did it and quit smoking, then you'll get a drug waiver and be fine
>>
>>33118092
Well that's the funny bit both postings are at the same base which is less then 10km from where I am now.

>>33118108
Fuck I wish she was an idiot. She is just major anti-guns.
>>
>>33118337

Is basic good preparation for the more physically demanding jobs?
>>
>>33118357
Dependents are supposed to be fucking insane. Just do whatever you want.
>>
>>33118239
Stop smoking for 3 months, Drink at least 3 litres of water a day and exercise heaps leading up to it.

Will clear the THC out no problems.
Worked for me and I was smoking heavily.
>>
>>33118014
>recon
Cooking isn't a dangerous job at all
>>
>>33118337
Does that dinosaur have those battle damage panels that the old Jurassic Park toys had? It looks like it.
>>
>>33118363
No. Boot camp isn't PT every day. I graduated with F Company in January and we PT'd maybe 4 ot 5 times as a company the whole 3 months I was there. You can be a weak and fat marine. You'll probably get laughed at and passed up for promotions, but being a stud isn't a requirement
>>
>>33118418

So if you're trying to keep an edge because you worked hard to get in shape before joining, are you likely to lose it?
>>
>>33118430
You should definitely keep PT'ing before, during, and after boot camp. Me personally, I was a little bitch in boot camp and spent my free time getting ready to survive the next day instead of getting on the pull up bar or doing some crunches. If you have the motivation to work out, then keep at it. You'll have the physical aspect of boot handled then you can focus on the mental part.
>>
>>33118470

Do I have the option of swimming? Because that's where I'm weakest.
>>
>>33118745
Option of what? Not doing it?
You're a fool if you don't. Swimming is one of the best ways to keep in shape and is less fucked on the joints.
>>
>>33118770

No, I mean if I'm doing extra pt is swimming an option?
>>
File: 1473031486898.jpg (244KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
1473031486898.jpg
244KB, 1024x682px
Any DEPers or Anons working on their PT mind sharing their current stats?

Personally haven't seen a recruiter yet... Interested in option 40 - Work in Progress.
>2 mile: 20 min
>pushups: 60
>situps: 65
>>
>>33119192
>2 mile: 20 min
>pushups: 25
>situps: 31

definitely a work in progress
>>
File: eczema.jpg (117KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
eczema.jpg
117KB, 700x700px
Are you allowed to have OTC items like vaseline and moisturizer in basic training? I'm enlisting in the army. Having a shaved head flares up my eczema but it's manageable if I can have these items.
>>
File: 1483541919357.jpg (123KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1483541919357.jpg
123KB, 800x800px
>>33119309
Getting that run speed up takes more time than anticipated...
>>
File: download (4).jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
10KB, 225x225px
Anyone lurking know anything about the tribe of the god of war?
>>
Been thinking about enlisting
Have a quick question though.
Not that I'm against having the chance to shoot some towelheads but...
Could I be drafted or made to fight if I'm the only male in my family with the last name X?
I have a little stepbrother but he's under my stepfather's last name.
>>
File: 1435194581640.jpg (6KB, 235x222px) Image search: [Google]
1435194581640.jpg
6KB, 235x222px
>>33119192
>2 mile: 17m
>pushups: 25
>situps:20
>pullups:1

>never worked out upper body
>only ran
>fuck me
>>
>>33119617
after it flares up, they'll give it back to you

I had bad acne when I went in, after they took away my meds they offered to let me go to sick call to get back on them, but it was all superficial so I just told them I'd deal with it
>>
>>33120013
They don't care what your last name is. If your number is called, you're up, kiddo.
>>
>>33118789
fuck no, there are no options.
>>
Tell me true, /k/. Think I can be part time LEO with a USMC ELS discharge? Will they ask?
>>
>>33120717
Good luck getting any job worth a damn
Have fun with construction
>>
>>33120742
It was close to 10 years ago and I make decent money now. Just wanted to try some small town peace keeping on the side.
>>
>>33118014
Hahh, better be good at swimming. You should go in with a different mos and go recon at MCT so you can maybe have at least have some option on a fall back when you drop outta BRCP. Most drop after they drown for the first time lol
>>
>>33120717
Yes they won't care.
>>
>>33118352
They won't let him in if they tell him how much he smoked. If he doesn't need a clearance just lie.
>>
>>33120852
Speaking from experience? I mean, I only expect to find assumptions on a Mongolian spoon trading forum, but curious the source nonetheless.
>>
>>33120637
I see, I thought as much.
Are you sure though? I heard that stuff like that would prevent me from getting drafted or something.
>>
>>33095381
How strict is the Air Force on their pilot height and vision requirements? I've got 20/200 vision and I'm 6'6", but the height can be waivered and the vision can be Laser surgically fixed, right?
>>
Anybody have any experience with the FFL? Prior USMC here, never actually got to leave California. Basically I just want to 'get some'. I really dont even care what or who I am fighting for but I'd like to see some combat.
>>
>>33122000
It's likely you would be too tall for the ejection seat system so if you were wanting to fly jets you are shit out of luck. Also your vision might be too far gone to even allow for laser correction.
>>
File: f-35a-lightning-ii_001.jpg (119KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
f-35a-lightning-ii_001.jpg
119KB, 1200x800px
So I wanna be a pilot. Yeah, everyone and their mother wants to be. I'm just wondering if y'all could tell me how realistic my dream is. Here's my info:
Male, 26, been in the Army National Guard for 3 years as an 11B. I have a Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice with a 3.4GPA.

The two concerning factors for becoming a pilot are my past medical history and eyesight. I used to take ADHD meds in high school, stopped taking them before 18. Still had to get a waiver to enlist in the NG, which I got. I am nearsighted, and wear contacts for that. With contacts in my vision is 20/15. I'm wondering if any of those factors would hinder me trying to become an AF or Navy pilot. Thanks in advance for any advice you guys can give.
>>
>>33117289
Not him, but explain?
>>
File: 1352208607264.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1352208607264.gif
2MB, 500x281px
my parents aren't too enthusiastic that I chose infantry... oh well
any advice that would help me to comfort them would be nice
>>
File: 1481649585721.gif (715KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1481649585721.gif
715KB, 200x200px
>>33117289
EXPLAIN
>>
>>33122640

Navy fag here. Literally was in the same boat boss (minus the prior enlistment which will actually help you). For the Navy just don't say anything. Get eye surgery (specifically PRK, NOT LASIK) and the waiver for that is literally the easiest thing to get ever.

Beyond that, talk to the recruiter, do well on the ASTB and be off to OCS.
>>
>>33122640
>>33123193
Oh yeah and with that degree and grades you'll be fine for the Navy.
>>
>>33123193
So my prior ADHD waiver won't affect me at all?
>>
>>33122887
They raised a retard.
>>
>>33122887
Gee my parents would think the same, but at the same time they want me out of the house.

I guess if I had to tell them I would convince them this is something I had to do for myself, before it's too late. Tell them you'll go to college practically for free afterwards.
>>
>>33123211
hey bud why do you have to be like that

>>33123217
exactly what i am saying man, it will help me build a foundation for a career
>>
>>33122613
From what I can see the Army doesn't have any standing height requirements for their helicopters, and if I scrunch I think I can fit within the sitting height requirements, maybe that could be an alternate option for me?
>>
>>33123207
Nope. If you have a waiver that's all the matters. And if you don't need the meds anymore than it's even better.
>>
File: tactical.jpg (292KB, 1024x972px) Image search: [Google]
tactical.jpg
292KB, 1024x972px
>>33095381
If World War 3 or some other conflict were to break out would the military accept older men who volunteered? Men who might be over the age limit normally?
>>
>>33123224
I wonder how my parents will take it after I get my mech eng. degree and tell them im going to become an infantryman?

They would probably cringe really hard and call it a waste of talent...

I mean everybody would! Fuck it bro
>>
>>33123309
the thing is i have no talent!
academia is not for me
where else do I go?

im only good for manual labor and solving problems for dumb rich people

lets do this man it's now or never
>>
File: innawoods guerilla.jpg (152KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
innawoods guerilla.jpg
152KB, 680x650px
>>33123309
Oh, I'm getting a mech. degree too. Not joining the military, was close to joining the Air Force to become a pilot but decided against it.

Here's the thing for me, I know that I would hate my time in the military, but I don't want to be old and full of regret that I never served my country.
>>
>>33123324
exactly man! I know I will have something no one else will!
>>
>>33100325
>I hear 35F can end up being the 'bitchboy' since they aren't specialized

So when were you a 35F?

Without Googling it can you even describe what a 35F actually does?

Please don't give advice to people if you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
So, I didn't go to college until my mid-twenties (had to work to take care of younger sibling) and I'm just about to graduate. I wanted to be a Navy SWO or Sub Officer (even though a naval battle is unlikely these days, I've always been really fascinated with both historical and modern naval battle tactics and strategy), but apparently I'll be barely too old by the time I graduate.

That being said, I've also always wanted to serve in the Navy since it's something my grandfather and great-grandfather did. I'm thinking about enlisting (even with a degree) for a term to live that part of my dream before entering the civilian workforce again.
Basically, I'm curious to know which enlisted naval ratings would give me the experience as close to being a SWO as possible or at least involved in tactical decision making?
Obviously none of them will really be the same or do the breadth of things a Surface Warfare Officer does and learns, but what would give me a similar job?

I was looking into Operations Specialist since they seem to be kind of CIC generalists that do a bit of radar monitoring, assisting the QM with navigating, tracking potential targets and advising the officer in tactical scenarios. Would this be the rating that would be most like what I'm looking for?
I also looked into Fire Controlman, which seems to be fairly interesting since they get to work on targeting and firing the larger weapons.

Any advice would be very much appreciated
>>
>>33122719
>>33123080

Why the fuck would you choose a bitch-tier MOS like infantry to go to Regiment with when you could sign up for an intel MOS and get a top-level clearance, an in-demand skill, and immediate placement within SOF? That automatically puts you in the small cross-section of people who are both in the intelligence community and the SOF community.

>Best parts of the SOF community desperately needs people with real skills (like intel) who can hold a TS/SCI (most infantry are too retarded).

>Best parts of the IC desperately need guys who actually want to go Airborne (most regular intel nerds don't want to) and have experience doing tactical shit.

A competent intel Ranger can pretty much write their ticket to anywhere in either community.
>>
>>33123257

Most branches already take people into their mid/late 30s. What more do you want?
>>
>>33096442
was nicknamed shitty pisspants. ended up being thrown out for threstenibg to kill myself

the usmc wasn't what I thought it would be
>>
>>33101088
>I've had my appendix removed and I've had surgery on my left wrist for a ganglion cyst.

post wrist scar
>>
>>33097356
Don't do that diet plan. Eat healthy and slay yourself in Physical Training. That diet plan will ruin you and your metabolism. You will literally fuck yourself over. Get fit, stay fit. That's what the military wants, not a disgusting bag of skin and bones.
>>
>>33112946
>undeserved rank
>hasn't earned a thing in the military
You'll be everyone's bitch. You deserve nothing. B8.
>>
>>33124326
at least infantry aren't wanna-be SOF who have the need to get gay MOS' just to feel cool. If you want to do SOF shit you try out for SOF. Nerd.
>>
>>33124326
Thanks for the reply.

Which Intel MOS will allow me to pursue the elusive 18F "Special Forces Intelligence Sergeant" MOS, later down the road?
>>
>>33124419
>Which Intel MOS will allow me to pursue the elusive 18F "Special Forces Intelligence Sergeant" MOS, later down the road?

18F isn't an SF MOS you can get right out of Q course. It's not just "SF Intel SGT" it's also the MOS for the assistant team SGT. You need time on an ODA + attend a specific 18F course.

>>33124391
>If you want to do SOF shit you try out for SOF.
Intel MOS still have to go through RASP.
>>
>>33124428
>You need time on an ODA + attend a specific 18F course.

Is it possible to go an Intel MOS like 35F initially, and then "try out" for SFAS and become a green beret as a lateral move?
>>
>>33124449

Yes, but you still wouldn't be an 18F, since that's not something you can get right out of selection.

If you're interested in this, SF usually comes by during the intelligence schools and looks for fresh intel trainees who want to do SF support. You'll go to Airborne and then be attached to a group. From there, if you want to go from just being attached support to having your own green beret you can attend SFAS.
>>
>>33124428
Are you killing people or just making powerpoints in intel?
>>
>>33116079
I don't know if you're still here but airborne really isn't that hard, especially compared to other schools. If you're coming from a unit they'll be lenient with you as well because failing people coming from units is a waste of money. I'm not a pt stud and I passed airborne no problem. A 14:52 is cutting gm it kinda close since you will be running in Georgia heat and on a small track with like 300 other people. But should be fine. I had a 14:13 going into airborne and ran a 14:45 there. First 2 weeks are just like normal weekdays. You get up at like 5:30 and go do pt, go train and then finish at 1700-1800 and can do whatever after that. You get the weekends off. Jump week are really long days normally getting off anywhere from 2000-2300. You will be sore to. Don't drink, miss any formations or drop out of more than 1 run or you will be failed. They're very serious about the rules there. That being said the instructors are pretty relaxed and overall irborne school is a nice 3 weeks.
>>
new thread

>>33126878
>>33126878
>>33126878
>>33126878
>>33126878
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.