[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much would VTOL aircraft have helped Germany?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Heinkel Wespe.jpg (23KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
Heinkel Wespe.jpg
23KB, 540x405px
How much would VTOL aircraft have helped Germany?
>>
>>33095116
Negligibly at best
>>
>>33095116
Not at all, that late in the war.
>>
>>33095116
I don't think there's a thing in the world that could have saved them when the decided to attack Russia.

I don't mean that ironically or as a meme. If they would have finished the fight on the western front and Africa and then attacked Russia, maybe these would have had an effect.

TL;DR It doesn't matter what kind of aircraft you have if you're stupidly outnumbered and don't have any oil.
>>
>>33095116
What problems do a VTOL solve? Were those problems an important factor in the outcome of the war?
>>
>>33095116
>How much would VTOL aircraft have helped Germany?

not at all, and remember if the war in Europe had dragged on for even another few months the USA would have nuked Berlin once the bomb was ready
>>
File: he219p01.jpg (50KB, 520x325px) Image search: [Google]
he219p01.jpg
50KB, 520x325px
>>33095878
It sort of solves the issues of having long runways that were needed for piston and most certainly jet fighters. In the end though, they would have died in the air, been caught on landing or grounded due to lack of fuel.
>>
>>33095878
Germany's airfields were being bombed to shit, limiting the use of traditional aircraft. This gave rise to the need for VTOL aircraft.
>>
>>33095996

by that point they were fucked anyway
>>
>>33095681
If they had slightly less retarded allies, they would have won.

So, if Spain took Gibraltar instead of doing nothing, Italy took the Suez instead of Ethiopia, and Japan took Sri Lanka instead of attacking Perl Harbor, the Axis would have had a much much stronger position.

But they had a loose alliance while the Commonwealth didn't.
>>
>>33095135
Those gopro suction mounts sure are strong.
>>
>>33095116
>How much would VTOL aircraft have helped Germany?
Marginally. Might help them put up more resistance and inflight higher attrition rates on Allied bombers, but without a decent heavy bomber of their own to retaliate with, it's just a matter of time before Allied bombers pulverize the factories that build these interceptors and bleed the Reich dry.
>>
>>33095116

None whatsoever because they wouldn't have worked.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.