[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Checking if an SKS is stolen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

I am considering purchasing an SKS from a private selller. This SKS is not in great condition but has all the serial numbers on it. Im not sure how I would go about finding out if this gun is stolen or not besides taking it into a police station or a gun store, but I know my state has a database for stolen guns that can be sifted through by serial number. The SKS has two serial numbers and I'm not sure if I have to include one, or both. Can anyone provide some advice?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>33092891
It's a private sale, fuck it.

As long as the guy isn't a cop, Just don't give too much info about yourself, and the guy will effectively act as a proxy.

Good murder weapon to use
Not that I'm advocating murder,
(unless it's on minorities, of course.)
>>
Same situation,
my friend got an SKS-D and he had it for a while and then was selling it, but because it had no papers and didnt know the history, he ended up selling it for $200

I thought about buying it cause its a steal at that price but could have been stolen, or used as a murder weapon, so idk id rather not get into legal trouble with my firearms
>>
>>33093042
Let's say it's stolen, there is no way to return it to it's owner.
Let's say it's been used in a murder. Ballistic forensics are a meme that are used to trick juries, it can only legitimately associate a bullet with a barrel length and twist rate.

Either way, it impacts you in absolutely zero way.
>>
>>33093078
>there is no way to return it to it's owner.
What I mean by this is that once it has exchanged hands more than once, it's basically impossible to prove that a firearm was actually stolen and that the 'original' owner isn't just a degenerate trying to steal your property.
>>
>>33093078
>Ballistic forensics are a meme that are used to trick juries, it can only legitimately associate a bullet with a barrel length and twist rate.
And what I mean by this is that from the standpoint of a piece of evidence for a murder case, the only thing a firearm can do is cause wrongful conviction.
No harm is done by keeping it.
>>
>>33092891
If you let the cops check it and its stolen, you wont get it back. Either buy it and realize nobody will ever check your serials and even if they did, you could just say you bought it through a private sale or dont buy it. Its not really a big deal either way.
>>
>>33093078
>>33093193
>>33093141
>>33093112
Thanks for the advice guys, probably going to buy it and hope for the best then. Definitely going to be a project rifle but I've been looking for an SKS at a decent price for a while
>>
>>33093248
You can also just file off the serial numbers and claim the previous owner did it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.