[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

10MM for bugging in and hunkering down?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (39KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 480x360px
Kind of a poor fag here,

i was wondering if anyone here has a 10mm pistol or carbine if SHTF in your area?

people are finding they are getting 3000FPS and upwards. Would i want lehigh prenetrators? Or maybe hollow points?
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 600x343px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 600x343px
Sorry i should specify, 3000FPS with carbines, not pistols.
>>
>3000 fps

What the fuck is this? Best you're looking at is 1700fps and that's out of an 18 inch barrel
>>
>>33091864
>poorfag
>10mm
No
>>
>>33091864
Too slow of a round.
9x25 Dillon or .40 super
>>
>>33091864
>3000 FPS
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 315x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 315x310px
OP HERE

so if its not gettin 3000

Does that mean this fucker just lied through his teeth?

https://youtu.be/DC70oQVs2R4

2:00
>>
>>33092033
>$829
I mean its pretty cool for what it is. Not $829 cool. At that point you can get a nice AR or AK, or a decent carry pistol plus a hipoint carbine
I'd love to get a 10mm pistol for fun though for bugging in my 9mm would probably be the workhorse
>>
if you're poor, don't bother with 10memeimeter, just go 9mm which is affordable, works well and is easy to find. Unless you can afford to stash away 5,000 rounds, 10mm is an awful SHTF round.
>>
you can also have a fully functional PSA 9mm AR for under $700, or a Sub2000 for under $600 (if you can fin one) so there is also that.
>>
>>33091864

There's no way that a pistol cartridge is breaking 3000 FPS.

Plus SHTF is primarily about short term/long term planning. Deciding to use 10mm puts you in the AMAZINGLY shitty place of 'none of the ammo I am looting works in my shit' and means you will be out of ammo in any dangerous area within a few days.

Do the norm.

9mm pistol/carbine.
AR-15 in 5.56mm/.223
Long arm in 7.62 NATO.

All 3 rounds are excessively common and what most people will also be stocking.

Plus you don't need any retarded ammunition types. Just standard ball for the 5.56 and 7.62 is sufficient. Maybe get +p loads for your 9mm if you want but make sure your pistol/carbine are graded to handle them.
>>
>>33092274
>>33092033
He said the 60 gr rounds were breaking 3000. A round that light going that fast is unstable as fuck. The normal weights which he didnt say maybe 180-200 gr were going 1700.
>>
whats the best kind of 9mm ammo to use for a survival rifle
>>
>>33092274
You forgot a 12 ga shotgun. Extremely versatile and very easy to load for with primitive materials.
>>
>>33094819
This. You can reload it with fucking gravel if you have to, and 12ga rounds are extremely common
>>
>>33091864

Whatever you are proficient with

I'd rather hit the target in the vitals with a 9mm vs an arm or something with a 357 magnum

But you should be using a rifle, it's called a sidearm for a reason
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.