[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tarkov, why haven't i heard of this before?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12

File: westalkernow.jpg (2MB, 2550x1434px) Image search: [Google]
westalkernow.jpg
2MB, 2550x1434px
Why haven't i seen this on /k/ at all? It might be vidya, but it is by far the most /k/ video i've ever seen. More so than Insurgency, and it looks more fun than ARMA or STALKER.

http://www.escapefromtarkov.com/

with the amount of slaviboos on /k/ i would think this would be a more popular topic of discussion.
>>
>>33086573
Kinda hard to discuss a game that isn't even out yet
>>
>>33086586
there are videos of people playing it, and it is playable right now by anyone who wants to pay the (hefty) price of $113+ for instant alpha access with goodies

I just bought it and am downloading it right now. I want this thing to succeed, so i give them some support, I just want it to have a bit more attention i think it deserves.
>>
>>33086573
Didn't the last game the devs tried to make turn out to be a shitty cash-grab with no real content?
>>
File: doggo.jpg (149KB, 700x869px) Image search: [Google]
doggo.jpg
149KB, 700x869px
>>33086573
Veterans of the games industry have become embittered and cynical, since we know the kind of crap they pull. This game is likely gonna suck, just expect the worst.
>>
>>33086573
It must be your first day here then. It's posted every fucking day.
>>
Wasn't this by the guys that made Stalker? If I recall Bethesda sat on the product name so they left and made a different one but is also centered around Chernobyl.
>>
They did some closed beta streamer thing a while back and the game looked like it was just another one of those Battle Royale clones but with slav level pay to win micro transactions. I imagine they are just trying to ride off of the Stalker nostalgia with all the marketing material.
>>
File: escape from Tarkov.jpg (285KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
escape from Tarkov.jpg
285KB, 1920x1080px
>>33086573
You dont lurk enough, and /v/ is the place for vidya.
Also, the game's not out yet. Fuck paying 100 bucks for a ruskie pre-alpha shit.

>>33086701
No, that would be Survarium. However, like so many slavshit games, this too has some ex-STALKER devs and influences.

And no, Bethesda does not own anything related to STALKER. The GSC still has the rights, which is why people are cautiously hoping for the STALKER 2 project to continue now that Cossacks 3 is out.

The rumored IP purchase of Bethesda apparently only consisted of the old Stalker movie from 1970, which was based on the Roadside Picnic. Both are ex-Soviet products, meaning no real licenses and copyrights apply to them.
>>
>>33086573

Cause you're a nigger.
>>
>>33086695
It seems like it doesn't it? Everyone who has played it says it sucks.
>>
>>33086656
>alpha
theres the problem, the amount of shit that can happen until release is a lot, assuming it ever does
>>
>>33087882
>Everyone who has played it says it sucks.
All five of them?
I've yet to see any real negative feedback myself, but like said: before the game's truly out for the general public, it's silly to make any kind of assumptions. Not even all the game modes are playable.
>>
>>33086573
Nah, I'll admit the weapon customization looks cool but it looks like another instance where the game is a mile wide in content but a few inches deep in gameplay. Just watch a few let's plays and you'll realize how small the maps are.
I'd bet even fucking unturned will be a better game. Shit, the actual gameplay is probably the same, if not better
>>
>>33087844
/v/ is fucking garbage. Its literally nothing but anime/japanese games.
>>
>>33088040
>nothing but anime/japanese games.
those are the best kind of games tho'.
Way to also ignore the 10 years of endless STALKER generals.

That being said, /v/ is shit, but for totally different reasons nowadays: it's overtaken by Zenimax and other professional shills.
>>
>>33087844
>Tfw actually really enjoyed survarium back when it was battery collector simulator 2014 and only had pistols, smgs and slavshit bolt actions
>>
>>33086573
Honestly, aside from weapon customization it just doesn't seem that good. Until it gets more actual content you're probably not going to see anyone around here talk about it.
>>
>>33088063
if you're a 14 year old japanese girl, yes.
>>
File: 1426902751084.jpg (132KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1426902751084.jpg
132KB, 1600x900px
>>33088071
is Survarium even out of E.A. yet?

>>33088093
14yo Japanese girls don't play vidya, son.
We play Japanese games for the possible 14yo (18+) Japanese girls in those vidyas.
>>
>>33088004
I've got alpha access, ask me anything.
>>
>>33088204
does it yet have the promised SP and co-op modes?
>>
>>33088204
can you be a ameriboo and yankeedoodle your plasticshit up with more rails than the actual continental US?
>>
>>33088225
> co-op modes
not yet, although it's very easy to get into a group with your friends and play a game and just not shoot each other (if you've got good communication
>SP
negative to that as well. However you can run bot games that just reset your gear back to whatever you had before you went into the raid.

game is still in a 0.1.0.1287 alpha state, it's still REALLY early on
>>
>>33088266
you bet your ass. Pic related is the M4 and all of the modifacations you can put on it (in this current state of the game). I do hope battlestate games doesn't put a mark on me for uploading this stuff. You won't tell right /k/omrads?
>>
>>33088270
Other than swapping optics, lights, and lasers (reticle affecting things) do any of the attachments or gunsmithing elements affect how a gun handles?
Is it all just slavshits looting or is there some spoopy stalker type shit?
>>
>>33088302
They need all the publicity they can get I'd wager.
Thank you, feels good knowing I can be a huge faggot in the game and snowflake it up. One day I will move to the US.

I wonder if they're getting any kickbacks from manufacturers for showcasing their parts.

I always thought it would be cool to do a shooting gallery type game where you could build a rifle based on real parts and then buy those parts in real life right out of the game.
>>
>>33088319
>gunsmithing elements affect how a gun handles
yes, it affects quite a lot actually. Weapon length being the most noticeable can be modified with many different modifications. Having a really long gun will make it hard to maneuver in tight spaces. If your gun is too long then you wont actually be able to properly shoulder it in a tight space and you can even smack it up against things if you're not careful making a sometimes really loud nose if you knock something like an oil drum really hard.

But outside of that currently you also have recoil, ergonomics accuracy and weight too (although I'm not sure what that affects though)

>>33088358
You can go full fucking mall ninja if you want. They are planning to have 20 times the amount of attachments you see here. You'll definitely be able to make a .300 blackout, suppressed, SBR, gas piston driven meme machine
>>
>>33088393
I can't wait to build the stupidest looking thing I can scrap together if/when the game launches. Fuck I'm getting a bit more hyped.
>>
>>33088416
Sorry, vanilla game limits number of mods to 4. For each payment of $0.99 you can add an additional one to your weapon.
>>
>>33088416
>I can't wait to build the stupidest looking thing I can scrap together
boi I already there, r8 my predator gun

>>33088427
good mem
>>
>>33088555
I still see gaps in dem rails
it's a good start though
>>
Literally every game but stalker made by Russians is shit.
>>
>>33088634
but this has stalker devs on it
>>
>>33088270

Only Alpha I play currently is The Forest.

Fuck Dayz... Dayz is making me not trust devs/new games any more.... want to play Tarkov but not for $100+
>>
>>33088822
I got access with $65 mang
>>
this game is intense. its made to be on hardcore, so even the few bots will fuck you up bretty gud and you wont heal like in cod or other.
you shit your pants everytime if you crawl through some staircases and you hear russian mumble or shouting followed by gunshots.

the gun modification is really cool and does alot like the one faggot already told, and after all the modifications and equipment you bought together, or found at dead people, you can still die and everything is lost.
so its a bit dayz feeling.
the realism is quite good, the shootouts make fun as hell.
but its still alpha, many shit can happen and already happend. the devs are good and gives updates like every two weeks or so.

in all its a good game, even if you play it together with some friends its quite operator, but it has its limits and because of the alpha we could only play a little part of the whole game.
i payed 100 shekels for the huge pack and dont regret it so far.
>>
>>33088870
the fact you lose everything on death is what I don't like about it. Mostly because I'm trash at shooters.

Between this and Grim Dawn, the indie scene is giving me some hope as places like Bioware doubledown on buzzword tier shit.
>>
>>33086573
because we fully expect it to be vaporware like stalker both was and almost was, and most of the promising clones have been.
>>
>Why haven't i seen this on /k/ at all?
Jigga wut, is this your first day here? I've seen it mentioned dozens of times.
>>
>>33088899
well, you have a stash outside the game where you can store stuff you found in the game (and survived) or bought at the dealer, so you just loose the stuff you had at yourself in the raid.
but with more stuff/armor on you, your chance to survive is higher because you can last longer, or you can just go out with a makarov and 3 mags and try to kill some bots to loot them and you got some neat stuff too.
or kill other players which are full geared or whatever.

i think that you loose all your stuff if you die (your teammates could get your stuff if they have the space and can give it back in the next round) is the good point in there, so you have every time a new challange to survive and buff up, instead of being too op and sitting in the corner killing noobs
>>
>>33088204
How does movement/navigation, gun handling, and combat "feel"? Is it natural, do you fear individual bullets? Or gamey, do you get any 'wtf' moments from unexpected physics or invis walls or whatever?

That is my main concern is having a solid core game before any of the graphics or customization.
>>
>>33089075
This
Just go naked or take a shit pistol and a mosin and build up as you stalk.
That's how you do it proper.
>>
>>33089105
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etwETB-IaMs

this video is what made me buy it
>>
>>33089161
>those death sounds
feels bad
>>
>>33089134
but its hard. you need to be stealthy and hit good because you die with 2 shots into your dick, or bleed to dead when hit etc
>>
>>33089161
>>33089873
nice, kinda what I'm looking for once it's regular game price and not $100
>>
*throws microphone
>>
>>33090044
100$ is just the biggest pack, it starts at like 35$
just look at http://www.escapefromtarkov.com/preorder-page
>>
File: bear.jpg (522KB, 744x1052px) Image search: [Google]
bear.jpg
522KB, 744x1052px
>>33089161
I don't really care about plot or anything like that, but what exactly is going on in that game that's made everybody scavenging killers?
>>
I'm assuming they will be in if they're not already but are bayonets in? If so I feel like the SKS would be the best starter gun.
>>
>>33086656
Good for you. Really.

After putting tons of hours into Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA with a torrented copy. I felt bad, and I felt that I really had to contribute to Arma 3.
I paid $100 something and bought it in its early alpha stage, and it's incredible on how much was improved since then.
I was worried that arma 3 wouldn't take off because of its complexity compared to COD or BF. It's really great to see it on steam's top 10. And I'm happy that I was a (small) part of the game's success.
The extra money really helps these game designers, and the time you put on the game is priceless for finding all the bugs.
They try to make it worth your while. For us in Arma 3, they give us all of the DLCs for free.
>>
>>33089161
>death sounds
jesus
>>
I'm bummed because the world and weapons system and things in this game seem really cool, but I fucking hate open world survival PvP shit.

I just don't enjoy the awkward-ass roleplay shit that people seem to be so into with games like DayZ and I'm worried that Tarkov's loot system is going to tilt the risk/reward way too far in the favor of "kill on sight" types.

Maybe if the faction thing is done all right it'll change my tune, though. A clear division between allies and enemies would make me enjoy these kinds of games a lot more.
>>
>>33090173
it was intended to have a small career path, so you have to go through these maps you see in this videos, which does have a start and a end point. they are kinda big but not open.
at the end of this career you are able to play in a big open map to bullshit around

in the moment its mostly kill on sight, its sometimes hard to compare other players to bots. it has 3 fractions, BEAR USEC and Scavs(bots) so you mostly have 2 enemy factions, but of course you cna play together to defeat the bots and survive.

but like in every other game players are assholes and try to rambo it through the game alone killing everything they see.
its possible to form little groups, so you can play with some mates which makes the gameplay much better.
>>
>>33088634
>Metro
>>
>preordering games

>preordering open world survival games

>preordering multiplayer open world survival games

>preordering Russian open world survival survival games
>>
>>33086573

It's a shitty version of DayZ.
All the people who played it said it is fucking shallow, except for the customization and graphics, obviously.

Games without ballistics can NEVER be /k/.
>>
>>33090281
its in alpha and gets updated almost weekly with major changes.
inform yourself about this game first before you make stupid comments faggot.
>>
File: 1413435666744.jpg (105KB, 400x545px) Image search: [Google]
1413435666744.jpg
105KB, 400x545px
Seems like a great game, if they actually finish making it.

As long as they are keeping the game in a closed Alpha/Beta they'll actually fucking finish it. The biggest problem is that developers (and players) get too greedy/impatient and end up ruining the game.
>>
>>33086573
Most people that own it are under NDA
>>
File: 1484266524247.png (1MB, 1426x914px) Image search: [Google]
1484266524247.png
1MB, 1426x914px
>>33086573
> guys, it's like Stalker and Arma combined!
no, it's not

this game isn't an "open world" game like STALKER, nor a simulation like ARMA

it'S more like a better looking version of DayZ with less contend
>>
>>33090445
>following NDAs
Unless it's like For Honor where they literally plaster your username all over the screen, I doubt anyone actually cares about this
>>
>>33090143
The difference here is that ARMA isn't russian vaporware and had a following before they even began the third game.
Notice it's arma 3 and not tarkov 3.
You'll be lucky if it ever finishes. If you're really lucky it'll finish soon with a consistent budget that isn't interfered with by its slow journey into obscurity. (fewer people paying 100+ dollars for an alpha each month means less for the programmers and a slowed down time schedule.
GLHF
btw stop comparing this to arma
they're apples and oranges
>>
>>33086573
Fuck off Boris
Quit shilling your shitty unfinished game here
>>
>>33088679
You clearly dont realize how small and incestuous the Rus/Ukrainian dev scene is. Considering stalker was made over a decade ago, most of the original GSC devs have moved on to other endeavors. There were stalker devs involved in Survarium, WarZ(now called something else because it was a massive scam) and the metro games, plus a whole slew of other titles that never came to the west (like the Xenus games). I'm just saying that Slavs like to pull the "made by ex-stalker devs" in marketing because its easy to do and sounds like it means something to Americans, when in fact it means nothing at all one way or the other as to the quality of the game or the trustworthiness of its devs.
>>
>>33090333

trips of the deceiver
>>
>>33088204
So what can you even do in the alpha?
>>
>>33086573
I'm too pissed the fork of Misery I made crashes every five seconds outside the ships to want to play any slavshit.
>>
File: 000000.png (74KB, 300x256px)
000000.png
74KB, 300x256px
>>33086660
This is the first game from this studio, they haven't had any releases yet.

And they are consisted of game devs with a lot of experience in making games.
>>
>This thread again
White noise. It's just going to be another "Kill, Loot, Die, Repeat" game that will quickly bore people within the first 1-3 months of release.

This is assuming microtransactions don't kill it first.
>>
File: 1487523165932-k.jpg (51KB, 670x472px)
1487523165932-k.jpg
51KB, 670x472px
>>33088108
>is survarium out of EA yet?
>>
>>33090271
kek'd

I'd still trust them quicker than I would trust Jewbisoft.
>>
>>33092065
>Xenus
Xenus 2 is avialable on steam tho, and Xenus 1 was named Boiling Point in the West
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.