[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here thrown grenades? I'm gonna throw one tomorrow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: MK2_grenade_DoD.jpg (46KB, 273x413px) Image search: [Google]
MK2_grenade_DoD.jpg
46KB, 273x413px
Has anyone here thrown grenades? I'm gonna throw one tomorrow and I'd like to know how does it feel, today I saw a guy throw one and he was like jelly
>>
don't be a bitch, throw it hard. It's really not that big a deal.
>>
Pretty boring because you can't watch them go off.
>>
>>33085798

I have to do national service myself soon. But from what I heard it's pretty systematic. It involves you pulling the pin and keeping your thumb on the lever and holding it there (the scary part), and finally you throwing it and hitting the dirt as fast as you can.
>>
>>33085798
Throw far.

Or use a really long piece of string and hide behind a tree or rock.
I'd love to try a grenade some day but my motorics are dogshit and I throw like a girl, so I'd throw it way too short and be injured or killed.

>>33085975
Depends, if you set up a camera with some kind of tough plexiglass shield, at some distance, you could record footage of it.

I'd want to make it count though, so maybe set up a couple of department store mannequins to see how the shrapnel patterns, just for kicks.

Or maybe a couple of blocks of ballistic gel (one particularly close), to get a good feel for how deep that shit can go.

It's not every day you get to throw a grenade.

>>33086067
That oughta make the hair on the back of your neck stand the first couple of times.

>Don't let it slip out of your hand, DON'T FUCKING DROP IT ON THE FLOOR OR YOU'LL NEVER GRAB IT IN TIME

Remember your ear protection. What country are you doing service in?
>>
Threw them in tech school. I was k9 though and never carried them for obvious reasons.

It's really not a big deal. Quit being a baby.
>>
This is pretty close to what it's like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu0gcmGAZ8U
>>
File: B52.jpg (134KB, 1330x770px) Image search: [Google]
B52.jpg
134KB, 1330x770px
>>33085798
How often do recruits drop grenades during training?
>>
>>33085798
I dropped my glock once.
>>
>>33086758
must've been a real sphincter clencher
>>
File: fig1-6.gif (19KB, 530x346px) Image search: [Google]
fig1-6.gif
19KB, 530x346px
>>33085975
>>33085798
I've thrown a few M67's and seen the explosions from behind ballistic glass. Hand grenade explosions are a rather lackluster gray cloud - nothing like the fireballs they're portrayed as in movies and games. Hearing the shrapnel hitting the windows and walls of the bunker makes you realize they're far deadlier than they appear.
>>
>>33085798
I've thrown so many grenades I got bored. BTW Army gets a ribbon for throwing a grenade lol.
>>
>>33087495
>Achievement Unlocked
>>
>>33087511
I meant as an 0311, or weapons 03 we go to grenade range all the time. We don't get a ribbon on our chest for it. We don't get useless ribbons. Look at Mad Dogs stack. It's simply an infantry thing, you don't rate a ribbon for it. It's a job requirement.
>>
>>33087495
You're thinking of the Air Force.
>>
>>33087674
No. Google it. The Army gives out ribbons for throwing grenades.
>>
>>33087709
>citation needed

There's a grenade bar for the marksmanship badges, if that's what you're on about. No ribbons, though.
>>
>>33087752
*Citation needed

You can't use Google? Or Army.com

I don't have use citations dumbass. I'm right, your wrong.

Use citations to prove otherwise. Because I know for a fact I'm right, even if it hurts your feelings.
>>
File: waiting.gif (1MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
waiting.gif
1MB, 360x270px
>>33087752

Let's go champ.
>>
Don't slip
>>
Make sure you pull the pin straight out, not on any angle, furthermore, the pin will be much harder to pull out than you expect.

Follow the training you've been given. No respectable mitary should give you a hand grenade without proper training.
>>
>>33087796
Google yields nothing to support your assertation. As I said before, the US Army has three classes of marksmanship qualification badges based upon the score achieved during qualification. Named bars are attached to their respective badge to indicate the weapon qualified. You should be familiar with that system as the Marines hand those out as well. The burden of proof is upon you to make your claim, not me to disprove it.
>>
>>33088577
Still pretty funny, I'm interested in what you have to do to qualify expert with them.
>>
do all members of the US Army qualify with live hand grenades? If you were a 4`10 female midget POG who couldn't through for shit, would it be acceptable to never receive familiarization past training grenades?
>>
>>33086509

About the national service bit, Singapore.
>>
>>33088577
But they don't hand those out to Marines tho...

Try not to sound so uneducated.
>>
i thought i had the .gif of that broad throwing a live grenade like a typical girl throw and the pineapple not making it over the barrier

but i cant find it
>>
>>33090652
>Army issues qualification badges for a number of weapons
>Marines issue them for pistol and rifle
>can't understand this concept

I know the marines try to recruit the lowest common denominator but you take being dense to an art form. Fun fact, the only qualification badge people wear in the army is for their assigned weapon. Rifle, pistol, MG. No one wears the grenade badge past basic training.

>>33088966
If you can't throw you get a no-go and you don't graduate.
>>
>Has anyone here thrown grenades? I'm gonna throw one tomorrow and I'd like to know how does it feel, today I saw a guy throw one and he was like jelly

t. swedish immigrant
>>
>>33087556
It's basically the same as a rifle qual, not only do we have to throw live ones every now and then but for the badge we have to do and re do a course with dummy grenades.
>>
>>33091138

>Qualified Expert Rifle and Gernade
>Wears both

Yeah Ive gotten shit on by NCOs outside my company but it makes 1sgt grin everytime he sees it. Doesnt hurt that Im the only one in the company with both.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.