[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get me a suppressor. I am 100% aware that I will be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_7426.jpg (86KB, 1024x340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7426.jpg
86KB, 1024x340px
I want to get me a suppressor. I am 100% aware that I will be getting it for pure novelty, so the practicality of it is not too important. However I would still want a good quality suppressor that I can use on multiple firearms. I have narrowed it down to these two

>Dead Air Wolverine (PBS-1 copy)
>SilencerCo Hybrid

I have around 15 different AK's I could use the Dead Air on, however they are not as effective as other rifle systems to suppress. If I went with the SilenceCo I only have 1 AR and 1 MR762 rifle I could use it on, however I also have a pistol (Mark 23 with its special snowflake threads) and CZ Scorpion carbine I could use it on. They both cost in the $650-$750 range. Which of these two would /k/ get?
>>
File: FI9V3M6F9T3ZZJP.MEDIUM.jpg (58KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
FI9V3M6F9T3ZZJP.MEDIUM.jpg
58KB, 620x412px
>>33084529
GOAT suppressor incomin
>>
>>33084529
>I am 100% aware that I will be getting it for pure novelty
You're an idiot.
>>
>>33084596
What useful application do 99% of suppressor owners have?

I am being serious.
>>
>>33084621
Are you a cuck or a retard? How are hearing safety and noise pollution novelties?

Get the Wolverine.
>>
>>33084621
>hunting
>hearing protection
>reduction in noise pollution (mother nature thanks you, and so do nearby people)
>reduced recoil

its not a novelty, they really do help.
>>
>>33084674
>>33084709
>hearing protection

Do you people not use ear plugs? Or is this to help legitimize the HPA, if the second I 100% understand.
>>
>>33084621
>>33084674
>>33084709

Suppressors are novelty. On most of them you should still fucking wear protection so it's not like they help in that area as much as good ear muffs. Don't get me wrong I love mine, but saying it has a practical use for people who aren't operating is a lie.
>>
>>33084789
>>33084926
>cherry pick from the answers given
>still need to strawman
Nobody said other forms of hearing protection don't work too. That STILL doesn't make suppressors a novelty.

>but saying it has a practical use for people who aren't operating is a lie.
I think you need to look up the word 'practical.'
>>
>>33084789
The quieter you can get your rifles the better, anything over 100db is liable to cause hearing damage over time.
>>
>>33084529
Hybrid
>>33084789
Even double earpro is insufficient to prevent hearing loss, especially with larger calibers and short barrels.
>>33084926
You are a small picture fucking retard. A suppressor is simply the civilized thing to do.
Say you have a nice half dozen acres to shoot on. Your AK is going to be heard a quarter mile away, do you really need to disturb your neighbors?
A suppressor makes an indoor range much more palatable. It's safer for the shooters, it's safer for the employees, and it's nicer for the neighbors.

There is no legitimate argument against them. In fact, there's a pretty good arguement for requiring them.
>>
>>33084709

>hunting
lmao as if you need another fucking advantage
>hearing protection
yeah, just wear some
>reduction in noise pollution
nigga really, noise pollution?
>reduced recoil
yeah, but you're also getting gas and particles blown back in your face
>>
>>33084529
The Wolverine is a good can, but it is not a good first can and it's a shitty multipurpose can. Get either the Hybrid or the Mystic X.
>>
>>33085092
>requiring them

That's just as bad as banning them you fucking statist
>>
>>33085092
>there's a pretty good arguement for requiring them.

.02 silencerco credits have been deposited into your account. thanks for suppressing the record!
>>
>>33085114
for use on government land, not for possession,
even for possession that's literally just not true.
>a private range saying suppressors required is statist
k
>>
>>33085114
>That's just as bad as banning them you fucking statist
>SHALL
That's objectively false, but I see what you're saying. Hypothetically if I were a /k/uck, I would rather pay a fine/tax for NOT having one than for having one, plus the inflated price, plus registration, plus wait times, plus having to notify the ATF when you cross a state border, plus...
>>
>>33085221
You do know that you don't need to notify the ATF for taking your silencer to different states, right?
>>
>>33085111
Hybrid is also another shitty multipurpose can, probably even more so than the WOlverine because it is rifle/handgun and the Wolverine is rifle only.
>>
Can you put the wolverine on pistols?
>>
>>33084529
>Dead Air Wolverine (PBS-1 copy)
Thing is a piece of shit and only superficially looks like a PBS-1.
>>
>>33085759
Yes, however it is better in every way for functionality
>>
>>33085693
No you need pistons to do that
>>
you know what to get
>>
>>33086464
thats ugly
>>
>>33084529
NO REAL POINT UNLESS SUBSONIC

/THREAD
>>
>>33086945
Can you buy/make subsonic 7.62?
>>
>>33084596
Thanks for the valuable input anon
>>
>>33086991
It exists but it's expensive. I bet you could buy modern reloadable brass case 762 and reload it to be subsonic.
>>
>>33086991
>>33087199
I will say this. My friend has a suppressor for his yugo AK. Standing 10 feet behind him it was very, very quiet. Even just using regular wolf or whatever. Shooter still needs earpro but it is much more comfortable to shoot with just plugs in. I always double up my earpro unless I'm shooting suppressed, then I just use plugs.

He also turned the gas off and fired it single shot.
Much quieter. The action of an AK is very loud
>>
>>33086945
you can't "/thread" yourself, newfag
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.