[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /k/, can you give me a model and year approximate for this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

hey /k/,
can you give me a model and year approximate for this piece?
is it any good? the fuckers are really expensive around here.
>>
>>
Call Sig and ask them, they will be able to tell you.

Stainless early 00 Sigs are the best Sigs made
>>
>>33082404
You have to look under the slide for the date code. Where the muzzle is at.
>>
dunno the year but its probably like a $1200 gun
>>
>>33082404
This is a pretty interesting variant. It was made early enough to have a German slide with an internal extractor, but it also has an accessory rail and the frame is marked "Exeter, NH." It represents a time when the company was going through a transition period and the parts are a little mismatched.

The grip panels are the earlier type and while they could be original, they would have been out-dated at the time period if these were the original grip panels that came with the gun. The trigger does not appear to be original - it's the newer short reach type - which tells me that the gun has been taken apart at some point. The rear sight is the wrong color, which tells me that this is probably be a non-original nickel plating. It means that the slide was nickel plated AFTER, not before, the installation of the rear sight, which wouldn't be how a professional gun manufacturer would do it. I also would not expect the colorfill in the text for a nickel-plated German Sig slide.

>>33082432
I am pretty sure that it's nickel plated, not stainless. It's entirely possible that the frame is stainless steel, but I believe that the German Sig Sauer factory never worked with anything other than carbon steel, and the slide says Made in Germany. I think it was refinished, and the engravings were probably color-filled.
>>
thank you guys. you're awesome. i live in 3rd world(well, maybe 2.5) so anything is possible.
>>
>>33082630
Is the frame magnetic?
>>
>>33082645
i have no idea, i don't have access to the gun. the dealer has sent me the pictures.
>>
>>33082669
How much does the dealer asks and where in the world is this? Just curious because here in Western Europe illegal guns ((allegedly)) are expensive as fuck. Around 1000-2500 for a 9mm.
>>
>>33083589
i'm in turkey, he asks 4k usd. licenced ones are about the same price.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.