[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Parts Build or DSA Built FAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: DSA.jpg (28KB, 480x312px) Image search: [Google]
DSA.jpg
28KB, 480x312px
Well the Title says what this is about. I have been doing some research on this and I am finding it hard to make a parts build FAL cheaper than just outright buying a DSA built one. I would like to build mine for the satisfaction of saying "I built it" and to have a carry handle on it. However at the same time buying a DSA, again, would be cheaper and comes with a warranty. Also I am aware /k/ tends to hate on DSA FAL's for being cast rather than milled. Does anyone have any experience with DSA rifles? Also anyone has any sites they are aware or that offers tools, parts, and receivers other than a random guy on a forum feel free to share them.

TL;DR
>Want To build FAL, however its not cheap than buying one with warranty
>Explain hate on DSA
>Got any resources and info on building FALs

Also here are some of the places I have gotten my info and prices:

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/general-gunsmith-tools/wrenches/action-wrenches-components/fn-fal-rifle-action-wrench-head-prod25114.aspx

https://www.dsarms.com/p-14256-dsa-sa58-stripped-semi-auto-fal-receiver-type-2-carry-handle-cut.aspx

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/620276334

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/622880628
>>
>>33079190
Everyone is going to tell you to do a parts build, mostly because they are fetishists and fantasy purists. 90% of the people who hate on DSA have never seen an FAL IRL. 99% have never fired one. This is /k/ after all. Your chances of pushing your gun to the limit where cast vs. milled is going to make an iota of difference are somewhere between slim and none.

I have an SA58 that the weirdo I bought it off tried customizing to be as accurate as possible: heavy barrel, etc. It shoots maybe 1.5 MOA with irons. DSAs can be very accurate, reliable firearms

Also, hate to break it to you, but the "random guy on a forum" is usually your best bet
>>
>>33079249
Thanks anon. I figured as much with DSA, like I have been searching around and I really had not found any issues with them. The only people I found who had problems with them were random people on forums....who just so happened to be selling some FALs they were building themselves. Plus going off of what you said I feel as though modern casting techniques are probably better than milling processes from the 195-60's.

Why in the ever living fuck was he trying to do that?

Yea I was just trying to find a consistent source of parts or something like that. Yea I think I might just accept my rifle not having a carry handle but at least having a warranty.
>>
I would also like to know
>>
>>33079323
I'm planning on buying a DSA Fal when I can spare the money. Like the other guys said the odds of shooting the gun so much that milled vs. cast receiver starts to matter are low, and if the receiver does start to wear out you can replace it for a few hundred dollars.
>>
I know 2 guys with DSA's that have issues, neither will work with steel reliably at all and 1 has issues with some brass too.
>>
How is the rpd from them? I've been looking at one lately and would like a professional opinion from /k/.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.