[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Plate Carrier Legality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: CPC.jpg (4KB, 173x173px) Image search: [Google]
CPC.jpg
4KB, 173x173px
/k/ i have a legal question. I plan on buying a condor defender plate carrier. When i was looking for the hard armor and soft armor plate inserts, LA Police gear refuses sale to civs. Yet AR500 company does not.
What are the legal limitations on plates?
Is the Carrier legal but the plates vary depending on the seller?
What are the best plate, and carrier manufacturers?
>>
>>33075965
As long as you aren't a convicted felon, you should be fine.
>>
>>33075965
All armor is legal. Some places don't sell to civilians directly because they don't want bad press if you happen to use them in a crime.
>>
>>33075981
>>33075991
All im concerned about is if i would get raided by the feds if i buy plates. I have no felonies. But there has been an uptick in my town in regards to shootings. I work in a sketchy area and dont want to take chances.
>>
>>33075965
Look at ceramic or composite plates over steel. All are legal unless you're a felon. Manufacturers like LBT, Crye, Beez, HSGI, Eagle Industries, Paraclete, etc are all good. Avoid Condor, NC Star, VISM, and other cheaper airshit tier brands.
>>
>>33076028
No you will not.

I can imagine if you're already doing shady shit though it'll be brought up as a conspiracy. But if you're straight then you're good.
>>
>>33075965
a few states have laws in place, in ct you can't buy armor online.
>>
Condor a shit. Don't give them your money their shit is poorly stitched. If you listen to any advice from anywhere let this be the one.
>>
>>33076028
If anyone asks questions, say you're worried that you might get caught in a shooting and would rather not die.

Honestly, body armor is much less concerning than other shit, like bombing making materials.
>>
>>33076045
What about AR500 and Spartan Armor Systems?
>>
>>33076401
they're more or less shit
>>
>>33076028
you can buy body armor over the counter at multiple stores around me
>>
>>33076028
you can buy body armor over the counter at multiple stores around me

>>33076065
I've owned multiple PCs from them, specifically the defender and sentry and both were fine

I have a feeling if I ran into sharp metal they'd tear, but for general innawoods use they've held up just fine

>inb4 an argument that my experience never happened and isn't typical of Condor gear
>>
>>33078855
I've had three different condor pouches fall apart on me. The problem with them is their stitching and quality control. They don't double or triple stitch the high stress points and they use cheap shitty thread. The thing is, pretty much anything they sell you can get for $10-50 more from a manufacturer that will go through the trouble of making sure their shit is made right and since you're probably only buying one pc, set of mag pouches, etc there's no point not spending the extra $10-50.
>>
>>33076401
Shits heavy and you need to make sure it has a heavy anti spall coating. Note that steel plates aren't actually NIJ rated so some won't stop high velocity rounds like m193 at closer ranges. Do your research before you buy, but "level III+" steel plates are usually what manufacturers use to denote that they made them a bit thicker or harder to stop m193.
>>
>>33075965
there are many vendors online.
Some vendors go crazy with their limitation and only allow non-civilian sales
Some require some documentation of citizenship
Some don't care and will ship within the US
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.