[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: dsgggg.jpg (5KB, 300x139px) Image search: [Google]
dsgggg.jpg
5KB, 300x139px
What went wrong?
>>
>>33075228

Reunification.
>>
Not enough elves to work the magic forges

Not enough gnomes to make magic bullets faster than they rot on the shelves

Not enough unicorn blood to lube the clockwork

Not enough pixie dust to keep it from overheating
>>
>>33075228
field maintance would be a nightmare
>>
>>33075282
also the weapon is big and bulky not compact at all
>>
>>33075234
Genau
>>
>>33075228
Kraut space magic is not as reliable as you think.
First off all of it's power relied on the nazi space stations to transmit power back to earth and after the nazis manning the stations starved to death when they didn't get resupplied there was no more energy to operate it. Also all of the ammo production dried up after the flesh trade was banned in germany
>>
>>33075386
you forgot to mention that the secret nazi subsea base crucial for keeping the space magic under control under the polar ice cap being exposed as a result of the jewish propaganda movement on global warming
>>
>>33075228
>What went wrong?
A reload involved changing 3 magazines.
>>
1) Plastic. Plastic shoulder stock was fixed on the plastic latch, molded together with the plastic case. Cocking handle on the side was made out of plastic. Sling adapter, also molded with the case.

2) Caseless ammo. The cases aren't ejected which means that high cycle rate overheats and cooks off rounds in the chamber. Sealing problems and delicacy with moisture

3) Disassembly and cleaning. Good luck with that.

Krautmagic my ass. Thing was an overhyped chinese toy with cuckoo clock inside.
>>
Reunification - that's all

>>33078192
It was never meant to be field cleaned like a regular rifle. Average soldier wouldn't mess with the clockwork. If broken, just replace the whole clockwork. It was a drop in piece
>>
>>33078192
>The cases aren't ejected which means that high cycle rate overheats and cooks off rounds in the chamber.
Apparently Dynamit Nobel fixed this issue
>>
>>33078192
I'm lead to believe the cook off issues were rectified?
>>
>>33077761
You obviously don't understand how the G11 works
>>
>>33075282
They designed the guts into one unit. It jams, you pull it out and replace it.
>>
>>33075228
yes but how do we weaponize guinea pigs??
>>
It kicks like a mare you forgot to warm up with a finger before going straight in
>>
>>33078230
This. It's like fixing your GPU. You don't pull the thing apart and try to fix it you just RMA that shit and put in a new one.
>>
I'm so sick of caseless fags. Daily reminder caseless ammo will NEVER be a thing because it causes too much heat in the gun barrel.

It would take a breakthrough the likes of smokeless powder for caseless to catch on.
>>
>>33078264
>They designed the guts into one unit. It jams, you pull it out and replace it.

And how expensive were the guts? I can't imagine any armorer anywhere wanting to deal with the mechanics of the H&K spacegun.
>>
>>33078404
Or the invention of a frame material that dissipates heat more effectively.
Friendly reminder that caseless ammunition is a priority of the LSAT program.
>>
>>33078404

Cases remove about 20% of heat energy from the gun. Cool off issues were solved by Dynamit Nobel.

Reunification killed the G11 more than anything else.
>>
>>33078507

Theres no fair way to say the price because they were all prototypes. It's assumed that the individual cost of the internals would have been about a third of the firearms cost however.
>>
>>33075228
Someone thought of it.
>>
>>33078546
Yeah for Outsiders like us.

To make it clear: HK and the German government had agreed that procurement would start immediately. There was an exact $/Rifle price known.

I may sound funny to you, but a government doesnt work like the lemonade stand you had as a kid.
>>
>>33075228
The commies quit.
>>
File: g11.jpg (40KB, 468x309px) Image search: [Google]
g11.jpg
40KB, 468x309px
>>33075228
well... they forgot to add the cuckoo to the clock mechanics.
>>
>>33077761
you clearly dont know shit
you take empty mag out and put full oen in
its just that you can carry 2 extra mags on the gun iirc
>>33078192
they fixed the cookoff thing relatively early and the cleaning and disassembly is a nonissue since you just change whatever isnt working

kinda aggree on the plastic part but thats more personal taste than anything else
>>
Ugly as fuck.
>>
>>33079386
You are Ugly!
>>
File: g11open.jpg (46KB, 468x309px) Image search: [Google]
g11open.jpg
46KB, 468x309px
>>33075228
>Reunification
>Garbo ergos
>80 foot long stick mags
>Round cook-off
>Fucking clockwork internals
>Any reduction in weight that the caseless rounds provided was offset by wielding a 9lb, 2.5 foot giant rectangle.

Until you can get a conventionally patterned rifle to shoot caseless, the only advantage it offers is in machine guns.
>>
>>33075228
Nothing. Everything went right. Especially the fact that communism collapsed, which made procuring this weapon superficial.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.