[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He's right you know.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: 20170221_183422.png (2MB, 1439x1755px) Image search: [Google]
20170221_183422.png
2MB, 1439x1755px
He's right you know.
>>
>>33074911
The only thing he has a point about is the last one. Military healthcare is shit.
>>
>>33074911
what god damn retard wrote this?
>>
>rifles
rifles are great and not unreliable by any measure and haven't been unreliable for 30+ years
>body armor
I didn't realize it was 2003 and the Iraq war had just started still
>makeshift protection
if he's talking about up-armored humvees, they're on the way out and will be replaced by the excellent JLTV/L-ATV build by Oshkosh Defense right in America's Heart(and Dairy)land
>medical care
only valid point and thin at that
>why can't the military thrive?
it is?
>>
>>33075012

>JLTV/L-ATV

Have they patched that hole in the hull that the MATV had? Not trying to be a douche, just asking.
>>
>>33074924
This. Fucking welfare queens need to get cut off NOW.
>>
>>33074924
Yeah, but I do find the posters in VA hospitals that emphasize how the VA is the model of healthcare.

I pay for my own doctors, rather than go to the VA for free.
>>
>>33074911
Shhh don't tell him about the M2 then.
>>
>>33075039
I didn't follow the development or adoption closely enough and I don't know much about the M-ATV, but the M-ATV weighs almost twice as much and is a completely different truck
I doubt they share the same design flaws

what I do know is that Oshkosh royally fucked Lockheed and AMC in testing and was WAAAAY more reliable than either
>>
>>33074911
not really.
more like 50 year old.
..."the Army was forced to reconsider a 1957 request...This request ultimately resulted in the development of a scaled-down version of the ArmaLite AR-10, called ArmaLite AR-15 rifle".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArmaLite_AR-15
>>
>>33074911

To answer this entire paper besides health care, it's because it's all too heavy. We need less and lighter equipment, not more.
>>
>>33075076

Eat shit.

Servicemembers who choose to ditch Tricare and keep their private civvie insurance (cause that's a thing now) get ass-raped like crazy.

>Oh you're in the military now?
>Well your premiums are going up 400% for all the injuries you're going to get now when you deploy

Even the ones that say they don't raise premiums for that lie and steal money through other bullshit policies

>Sorry we don't cover being exposed to toxins in the Middle East. Tough luck baby-killer.
>>
>>33076126
I feel like we'll see powered exo skeletons before we get lighter stuff for soldiers.
>>
>>33077339
We'll see powered exo skeletons and directed energy weapons before the VA gets fixed.
>>
>>33077583
Heat death of the universe will come before the VA unfucks itself.
>>
>>33074911
Fuck these welfare queens. They fight for the government. They do not fight to defend our rights. They serve those who violate our rights.
>>
>>33077611
>$0.25 has been deposited into your account.
Thank you for correcting the record.
>>
>>33077611
I fight for the Constitution, not the government. Neck yourself.
>>
>>33077683
Our 2nd amendment rights are not being infringed by sandniggers but there you are fighting sandniggers. Hopefully the PTSD will end you and we will at least get that from our tax dollars spent on your sorry ass.
>>
>>33075076
I mean, I respect anti mil people, but the healthcare is supposed to make the whole getting paid dogshit thing semi tolerable.
>>
>>33077611
I dont know why you are mad at the military when its the civilian that votes retards into office of their own volition.

your tendies are ready.
>>
>>33075076
I'd like to hear what you do/did to serve your country in any capacity other than paying taxes.

Go on, I'll listen.

>ib4 hur durr iraq/aphganiland is just fur oil not really serving country

Hey its not my fault the officials you elected into office decided to use the military for that. But we still served. Id bet good money if a foreign invader was raping your shit, you wouldn't call them welfare queens.

Oh and thanks for paying your taxes btw, they pay for my service related disability claim, g.i. bill, and bah while I go to school.
>>
I dont get why so many people bitch at the VA experience with them was pretty good
>>
>>33077926
*my* experience
>>
>>33074924
Probably because they waste a ton of money on shit bags that are drinking and smoking themselves to death and are generally retarded as fuck
> wife works at the VA
>>
>>33074911
The part about body armor is BS, the MTVR only sucks balls because it has TO MUCH armor. Well the protection is good but patrols and wearing it in general is shit
>>
>>33077955
*MTV
>>
>>33075012
>>medical care
>only valid point and thin at that

I've heard the VA is a butcher shop
>>
>>33077765
Oh boy, the edges on this one are so sharp my wrists are bleeding.

If only there were some kind of "classy" hat to go with this INCREDIBLY ORIGINAL piece of wit devised by such an ENLIGHTNED AND SUPREME INTELLECT.

Man the combination of class and intelligence it mustve been taken to type that bit of edgy regurgitated crap from 2002 up must've come from somebody who gets laid like, waaaaay too much.
>>
>>33077926
idk man, I had one phone call with them ever and all my shit was handled. And this was two years ago.

Now granted all I did was have my disability claim put threw, I don't go to VA doctors or take meds from them or anything. I'd rather just go to a normal doctor I can choose with no strings or silly red tape.
>>
>>33077611
t. MEPS fail out.

>ftfy
>>
>>33077590
Never served, not American. What is so bad about the VA?
>>
>>33078122
it's run by the gov't so it's a clusterfuck of bureaucracy
doesn't help that it gets clogged with people trying to get more welfarebux or just shitheads like >>33077947 said
>>
>>33078089
Its really bad in the western states like montana where theres only 1 clinic for the whole state.

They did this thing where supposedly you could go to a regular hospital and some group called veteran's choice would supposedly pay the hospital for handling the VA's overflow.

Somehow despite being granted almost a hundred billion over 5 years groups like venteran's choice were paying the hospitals 8, 12, and 18 months late (or not at all in some cases).

Since doctors know that if they see a vet under those programs they either wont get paid, or will have to go through 8 to 18 months of phone calls and collections processing before they do they simply place vets at the end of the line and give them bare minimum treatment when they do see them.

Literally everything the VA touches turns to shit. When our state senator demanded to know where all the billions are going if they arent being spent on paying hospitals to handle VA overflow they responded with some weak-ass bullshit about processing fees and administrative costs.

The VA and its affiliated programs have become parasitic organizations that exist more to advance its lesdership than serve its constituents.
>>
>>33077947
>be active duty
>don't drink or smoke despite 8 years of dealing with bullshit bureaucracy and deploying wearing IOTVs for 15 hours a day
>have to wait for hours in sick call behind retirees who had a stomachache two days ago or need diabetic meds to get over the counter pain meds for my bavk and knees

Fuck retirees.
>>
>>33078158
Theres clearly some type of scam going on considering the amount VA leadership gets paid. Isn't most of the military's budget the VA?
>>
>>33078198
why the fuck are you going to the VA to get over the counter drugs?
just buy shit, you know, over the counter
you're clogging the VA up with bullshit just as much as those retirees you're going on about
>>
>>33078221
Well according to obamas chief advisor on the issue going to the VA is like going to disney land, no point in complaining about the line since everyone has to wait to ride.

Funny how the media failed to cover THAT statement. But yeah, its pretty fishy when youre organization starts collecting 6 figure salary types like ticks and yet the product presented to the end user continues to degrade in quality.

I bet theyre depositing a billion here and a billion there to generate interest which they can skim.

Plus dont forget all those retreats and team building seminars in exotic locations at 5 star resorts. Its important to keep morale up afterall.

And hey, if at the seminar a guy accidentally writes down that the seats cost $20 a pop when they only cost $10 and pockets the extra, who would notice?
>>
>>33074911
>stateless warfare
>military funded by the state
>>
>>33074911
I hate the whole "We don't need stealth bombers/nuclear submarines/any other expensive military hardware cause we never use it" discussion

We have it because nobody will ever consider openly fucking with the US, or at least have serious thoughts about it, when we have all that big expensive shit

We have to have that big expensive shit because other countries have it, and not having it leaves us open to exploitation

It's better to have that big expensive shit and not need it than need it and not have it
>>
>>33078267
I think the real waste is in the contracting companies.

Is it REALLY necessarry that an airbase base in kuwait people only get stationed at for 9 months at a time have a swimming pool, tennis courts, 6 different fast food joints, and a movie theater?

Why are we contracting out the chow to sodexo and paying the food servers and dishwashers $70,000 a year?

Why do we contract mechanics to fix the MRAPs and pay the 150,000 a year when we have motor T?

Why spend millions moving piles of uniforms, boots, backpacks, and kevlar vests that never get used before they are all burned in an incinerator when we leave?

The wastage I saw was stuff like that. I dont know enough about jets and subs, I was just a grunt, but I DID see millions upon millions get spent on shit like THAT.
>>
>>33078302
>Why spend millions moving piles of uniforms, boots, backpacks, and kevlar vests that never get used before they are all burned in an incinerator when we leave?

You need surplus for eventualities, and spending money on the just as expensive return trip wouldn't make sense for items that aren't in demand out of theater and being constantly produced? Just speculation.
>>
>40 year old rifle

I didn't realize we were still using the A1
>>
>>33078466
There are parts of the military using converted A1s that rattle like a fucking bitch wheb you shake the lower and upper.
>>
>>33078454
No one ever ever uses it and people that could use it (pogs, aircrew) don't and won't and instead use older BDU shit that was acquired by their units pre 9/11.

t. Someone who saved literal tons of UCPs, IOTVs, and ACH, Air Frame helmets form destruction and gave it to Air Force in Afghanistan only to later get threatened with an article 92 for it. I just felt bad for Security Forces guys sweating their balls off because they got deployed from Kuwait in Air Force tiger stripe with old old interceptors as well as the mechanics and pilots they were protecting.
>>
>>33074911
Someone would have to be a mouth gaping retard to criticize US body armor achievements. I bet he's one of the assholes who wanted soldiers to tread around in 50lb dragon skin armor rather than use a 5lb SAPI plate that has equal frontal protection. His 'essay' is the literary equivalent of clickbait.
>>
>>33078532
Bruh, our plate carriers we use now weigh 50 pounds.
>>
The boomers part is right
There's no reason to buy super expensive ballistic missile subs, then waste them on deterrence patrols

Take the nukes out of them and let them actually be useful
>>
>>33077647

> He's not a Gov't cuck so he must be a shill.

0.25 neurons have fleed your brain.
>>
>>33077683

Yet the gov't repeatydly infringed the constitution, supported by alphabet soup agencies and special forces.

You're the ones keeping the corruption standing, believe what you want, but you're just a cuck. ;)
>>
File: donald-trump.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
donald-trump.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>33077683
I fight for the government, not the constitution.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.