[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Plans post hughes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1472725345915.jpg (58KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
1472725345915.jpg
58KB, 533x800px
a reminder to sign the new petition here https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-1986-hughs-ammendment-firearm-owners-protection-act
What select fire item are you planning to pick up after the repealing of the hughes? I'm probably picking up a sten gun first for cost effectiveness.
>>
self bump
>>
>>33072101
>I'm probably picking up a sten gun first for cost effectiveness.
Not a silenced MPK?
>>
I've given up on these law changes. I'm paying $200 to sbr and another $200 for a can filing forms this week.

Let's face it, rolling back any of the laws (even for the HPA) is going to cost political capital. Look at the state of politics right now, if anything on the 'that would be nice' list moves it will be right before the midterm elections. So, I can wait 18+ months on the chance that a few politicians think passing a law will help their reelection chances. Or just pay up and wait 9-12 months.

Sucks to have to make the choice. Seriously though, look at the hysterical state of media and politics right now and then look at that petition. Ain't nobody gonna move that to discussion if it ever makes it to committee.
>>
>>33072779

the exact opposite of what you think is what will happen
>>
>>33072802
So, I gave my cliff notes on why I have my opinion. I could be wrong, future predicting isn't my profession.

What makes you think the opposite is true? You aren't just getting high on hopium are you?
>>
File: smug anime face.jpg (240KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
smug anime face.jpg
240KB, 900x900px
>>33072662
They cost way more than a sten, and I'm broke as fuck. If I saw one for under 1k, though, I would get it.
>>33072899
It's always darkest just before the [s] dawn [/s] Don
>>
>>33072101
attach two aks in opposite directions that fire simultaneously and spin around covering 360 with aimed recoiless fire ala this guy
>>
>>33074140
If only I could be so operator...
>>
>>33072101
They already passed a petition to repeal the NFA, so I'm not sure what this accomplishes that the previous petition did not.
>>
>>33074767
allows for the manufacture of select fire weapons for civilian sale and their purchase
>>
>>33075078
Still would need a class III ffl but you could get shit like a p90
>>
>>33077852
>Still would need a class III ffl

That's for being in the business of buying and selling title II items that aren't destructive devices. As in, operating as a distributor or running a storefront.

Owning or manufacturing title II items for your personal use requires a tax stamp. Granted, the tax stamp process is a license in everything but name, but it's not the "class three" everyone on the internet calls it.
>>
>>33077852
Fucking fudd...
>>
>>33072101
I want to believe.

I think in reality it will just warrant a canned response written up by some aid to the tune of
"We support the 2nd amendment blah blah blah thanks for your concern."

But atleast its something. These petitions are neat but so far they havent really done much for any issues except generate evasive vague responses.
>>
>>33078096
I think in reality it will just warrant a canned response written up by some aid to the tune of
"We support the 2nd amendment blah blah blah thanks for your concern."

Honestly I'm starting to wonder whether or not the WH petitions page doesn't do more harm than good for this exact reason. People think they're doing something & think they're channeling their frustrations in a productive manner, but they're more or less wholly disregarded..
>>
>>33078147
My grandpa told a story about the soviet union where they set up a "complaint booth."

It was a room with some tea and shit, youd go in, sit down, and write out your letter to a party official and drop it in a slot in the wall.

Except on the other side of a large mirror in the room was a high power X-ray machine. So the longer and more often you wrote complaints the higher your chances of getting cancer became.

He admits it was a soviet block urban legend and no way to verify it, but yeah. I think this whole petition thing is just a hamster wheel.
>>
Are you really so delusional you think a fucking petition will repeal a law that multiple $100k+ investments hinge upon?
Protip: a rich dentist with a multiple machineguns collection who is close friends with his senator is worth about a thousand chumps like you with two nuggets and a bargain bin AR.
>>
>>33078250
Yeah but there are about 100,000 chumps like us to every one guy like that. Its a matter of organizing them.
>>
>>33072899
not him, but wouldn't it be more sensible for a candidate to pass the legislation early so voters have time to forget about them "scary assault weapons" being let loose on the street because they're hardly if ever used in crime, so that when its time for their re-election campaign they can point to the lack of any jump in crime when their opponents try to point out that?
>>
>>33074140

>AKs
>not scattergats
>not going full DIE! DIE! DIE!

do you even edgelord?
>>
So why aren't weapons classified according to barrel length instead of has a stock and other arbitrary shit?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.