[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Archery fags

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Just got a dozen new arrows in today, just waiting on some leather to make an arm guard.

Have another dozen on the way without field points to install some broad heads. I have some raw iron broadheads coming in too for spring hunting.

Anyone else shoot traditional style archery? (Longbows and Recurves)
>>
>>33067710
> 72'' Cherrywood english longbow 45lb pull, No shelf.

Theres not enough of us here to make and effective thread. and im about to go to bed.

keep the sport alive tho man, it really is the best
>>
>>33067765
>70" yew with red oak and bamboo backing

I do have a shelf, with a patch of beaver fur on the riser.

Been shooting since I was three, started off with the suction cub walmart special.

Already have a suction cup now for when my kid is old enough... when or if my fiancé and I get preggers.
>>
>>33067710
>feathers
I bet you like to go slow.

You should've gone vanes on a twist or helix. Now you've got to worry about getting them wet.

Also, three feathers probably cost as much as the shaft.
>>
>>33067710
All I know is I shoot an old Mathews Conquest 2 and the arrows cost about 6 bucks a piece.
>>
File: 20170221_005100.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170221_005100.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Just got into Archery, shit's addicting.

>t. Cumpound pleb
>>
>>33068887

>Australian filter
Fucking phone.
>>
>>33067710
Hey guys, what are so good thick bow strings? I shoot from a 66" 45lb recursive bow, which is great and all until I start slicing my fingers on piano wire thin bow string.
>>
>>33068887
It's an awesome hobby. Word of advice though, get rid of the sight and learn to shoot by eyeballing it, makes switching to a competition compound, recurve, or longbow much easier.
>>
File: Airbow Gun.jpg (62KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Airbow Gun.jpg
62KB, 1600x1200px
>>33067710
I love archery.
>>
>>33068911
Needs a night or thermal scope.
>>
>>33068902
Add more serving and wear a finger-tab, if you don't already.

Thin strings are fast strings. You could always try to make your own strings.
>>
>>33068905

I'll try that thanks.
>>
>>33068931
>Thin strings are fast strings.
Is the air resistance of the string an actual measurable problem?
>>
I have a 5' bow I used to shoot rabbits with, until I realized that a rabbit wasn't worth a 5-10 dollar arrow. Still have lots of fun with it tho
>>
>>33069059
Thinking on it, it's probably negligible. But, it's not merely just a matter of air resistance, but also of inertia. To push the arrow, the string must also push itself. A heavier string is essentially a heavier arrow, for every arrow.

But again, it could be negligible.

Fast flight strings are defined more by material than by thickness. Stiffer, less stretchy materials provide better string response, and therefore greater impulses on the arrow, propelling it faster.

Again, how much faster? 'Fast Flight' strings are apparently not much faster than other strings (certainly not faster by magnitudes exceeding 20 or even 10 meters per second).

However, a thicker string will mean that you need a bigger nock. Bigger nocks are heavier nocks.

It all adds up, anon.
>>
>>33067710
I use a recurve to shoot fish from my canoe. I've yet to do any target shooting with regular arrows
>>
did archery in boy scouts. I really want to get into it someday, but funs...
my stupid ex had a beautiful old long bow that she never used and never will. I should have grabbed it when we split up.
I'd like to get into crossbows too, but they all look Fudd to the max.
>>
>>33067710
How does one into archery? What should I look for in a bow? Any books/websites/youtube channels/podcasts I should check into before dropping a wad on a bow 'n arrers? I'd really love to at some point go full Joe Rogan and go elk hunting, but for now the idea of just shooting at a target seems pretty relaxing.
>>
>>33069434
just like picking a first gun, go with what you like and feel reasonable about paying for. learning the basics and practicing is actually easy to pick up.
>>
>>33069434
Look for archery stores and inquire about clubs.

It's best to learn from someone who knows.
The store near me has a club but I coach softball the same night they meet.
I'm hoping to get my daughter there cause she's really into it.
>>
>>33069434
Make your own
>>
>>33068697
>using vanes on a traditional bow

Feathers compress off the riser/shelf giving you a straighter flight
>>
>>33070835
You can use any kind of fletching if the arrow is spined correctly.
>>
>>33069434

I started by watching NUSensei on youtube.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.