[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about enlisting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: y.jpg (35KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
y.jpg
35KB, 300x360px
Im a senior in high school, and my current GPA is 1.5. Im thinking about enlisting in either army or air force right out of high school. Which one would you recommend, if recommended at all.
>>
>>33065174
>GPA 1.5
How?
>>
Go to a technical school, colleges will take that gpa instead of your highschool one
>>
>>33065174
Airforce guy here. Go airforce unless you want to be treated like shit forever, don't be a cop, don't be maintenance, no you won't make it into prarescue or CCT .

Be a dental hygienist and work out non stop and bang med whores . Or be a load master and travel the world

I'm a c5 crew chief out of Dover afb
>>
>>33065174
>he thinks airforce will take a 1.5 GPA
>being this dumb and not wanting to be a muhreen
>>
>>33065174
I did that.
Then got accepted into an ivy league after :^))))
>"uh yeah I mean I was just really immature, going overseas forced me to grow up."
>>
>>33065174
>GPA 1.5
I was an autistic sperg zoned out on ritalin and managed a 2.8.
Literally how the fuck?
>>
>>33065258
I'm guessing you've got some serious white privilege there, friendo.
>>
>>33065174
Enlisting isn't going to fix your shit, you need to do that on your own.

Are you going to graduate?
>>
>>33065292
Well that an I actually did grow up and did some school while I was in and got a 4.0.
So that probably also help.
>>
>>33065174
I never studied once and got a 4.02. And I straight up didn't do homework if I didn't feel like it. College is a different story though...
>>
File: 1343280662035.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1343280662035.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>my gpa is 1.5
What did you do to earn a GPA that low? Skip class every day and not do your homework?

Highs school sucks but you've got to be pretty dense to earn grades that low.

you have this semester to maybe remedy that. Fucking do it
>>
>>33065174
You'll make a fine janitor in the Marines.
>>
File: taxi-driver-robert-de-niro12.jpg (95KB, 1020x576px) Image search: [Google]
taxi-driver-robert-de-niro12.jpg
95KB, 1020x576px
>>33065318
Good job, mang.
>>
>>33065307
Some people have to put themselves in the right environment to fix their shit. There are worse reasons for joining the military.
>>
Well OP, I suggest you get a dull and meaningless job that annoys the shit out of you, and realize you don't want to do that job until you're fucking old and grey, then actually fucking study and learn a career.
>>
>>33065374
I get it if your home life is garbage, but if it's just a lack of motivation to do school work and learn, joining the military might not fix him.
>>
Okay, so some of you fags talk to me. Gonna hijack OP's thread for a second because I've been having a lot of trouble finding myself lately and /k/ always gives me the tough love that I need.

>Enlist in the USMC during high school, infantry MOS
>Enjoy my time in the poole, make lots of cool friends
>Ship date coming up
>Get really involved with a female
>Uncle dies of cancer, grandmother diagnosed.
>"Well fuck I don't want to leave now."
>Get cold feet and don't show up to get shipped...
> Fast forward a few months, get my EMT certification
>Working, now engaged to said female
>Something still doesn't feel right
>Horrible nagging in the pit of my stomach constantly
>Feel sick seeing USMC posters, don't like seeing the commercials on TV.

Should I try to go back, /k/?
I'm happy now but honestly I just feel like something is missing. I feel guilty for walking out, because I did swear in, and I did take an oath, then I went back on my word.
I constantly see pictures of my old poole friends graduating basic and enjoying their careers.
I'm stuck at home, running calls on old people who fall and can't get up.
>>
>>33065320
Fucking lies. This coming from a guy who passed every test with 100%, never did homework, and graduated with a ~2.5.

What school did you go to that homework doesn't count towards your grade at all?
>>
>>33065542
That's some divine intervention right there. DO NOT GO BACK. If you really want to be .mil, go to a branch with real opportunities.
>>
>>33065542
It's your life, if you truly feel you're missing out then do it again. If you don't follow your dream, you'll just end up feeling regret over your life. Just know that once you enlist you belong to Uncle Sam, so your gf might break up with you since she might not be able to handle the times you'll be away.
>>
>>33065174
Jesus christ dude I'm at a 3.8
Were you dropped on your head when you were younger?
>>
>>33065174
What's your ASVAB score?
>>
>>33065174
I barely went to school and slept when I was in class for half of high school, how the fuck did you manage that?
>>
>>33065174
>gpa 1.5
Join the army, we have enough tards coming through AF basic as is.
>>
>>33065594
I did the same as anon above
its not hard
>>
>>33065232
This guy Gots the right idea

Medical field in air force

Cyber security field in air force

Comminications, ATC field in the air force

Take your pick and you'll never regret this decision your whole life.
>>
>>33065242
>too stupid to know he's too stupid for the air force

Yea this guy has marine written all over him.

Tell me OP, do you know how to pick grass out of sidewalks?

Eh, we can teach you, of that I am sure.
>>
>>33065174
>1.5 GPA
Good God dude. You have to try to do that bad. High School is easy as fuck too
>>
I had to repeat the 9th grade twice and still got out (on time, might I add) with a 3.0 GPA.
>>
>>33068589
Was homework not part of your grade at your school?

I never studied, 100% on tests, never did homework and got a ~2.5.
>>
>>33065174
>GPA is 1.5
That's gotta be unweighted, right? Jesus Christ.
>>
>>33068616
My school had homework count for about 10% of the grade. I did pretty fine even if I didn't do some assignments.
>>
>>33068627
Fuck, at my school homework was always at least 25% of the grade. You gotta show what a good little goy you can be by completing your daily assignments.
>>
>>33068593
>Medical field in air force
maybe if he went for a low skill medical job

>Cyber security field in air force
lol fuck no, the wash rate for that is one of the highest, and hes got a 1.5gpa

>Comminications, ATC field in the air force
could work. I'd go for this.
>>
>>33068593
>Comminications
im thinking about doing communications but where does it lead once your out?
>>
>>33065286
>taking ritalin
>still got a shit gpa
>>
>>33065174
>1.5 GPA

For fuck sake's man, I was in special ed till freshman year and I came out with several AP classes + 3.6 GPA.

What were you doing?
>>
>>33068863
lol Jesus Christ m8
>>
File: 19557446335455.jpg (332KB, 841x1793px) Image search: [Google]
19557446335455.jpg
332KB, 841x1793px
>>33065174
Here's a small enlistment guide, OP.
>>
>>33065292
>accepted to an Ivy league school
>thinking he's has to be white
please, all of the Ivy league schools are in a race to accept as many POC as they can
>>
>>33065174
op, go find a online ASVAB test right meow. get back to us with the score, and don't lie. if it's shit, then forget about enlisting
spoiler, with a 1.5 GPA, your score is going to be low
>>
>>33065320
I graduated last year. Homework was at least 20% of my grade in every one of my classes. I never homework because fuck that noise, I had work, gym and something of a social life. I had zero time for homework. My teachers would bitch that I needed to manage my time better. I had schedule perfectly set up that let me get to work on time, school on time, gym for an hour and eight hours of sleep. Another thing, seven teachers wanted us to spend anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour on homework a day. That's 3-7 hours a day taken from me to do something I already know. School takes up 7 already, plus the 8 (10 according to some doctors) hours of sleep teenagers need to be productive and the 3 taken by homework turns into, a minimum, 20 hours a weekday I can't use, at most it's the entire day.
>>33065174
Does your highschool give asvab tests? Mine did, find out when it is or if it already passed. If it already passed then do this >>33068973
>>
>>33065232
Confirmed AF, he spelled chief correctly
>>
>>33065542
What you want and what you need are not always the same thing. If you're really torn about not joining the marines, go for it. Just know that if you stick with an infantry contract all you're gonna do is get yelled at for things you didn't know you were supposed to do and beat off. That EMT cert could land you on softer rocks than infantry.
>>
>>33069251
Well you're just shit at time management.
>>
>>33068962
swap navy for Civil Air Patrol and this is accurate
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.